Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 30th November 2020, 11:09   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
This is regarding a 72' 1100d engine oil change.

If I remember, the grade was 20w-50w. I also wanted to know the exact quantity required including the oil filter.

Thanks in advance.
Picked up oil filters from a wholesale filters shop off JC road and got the oil replaced at a Shell bunk near home. My first experience with oil change at Shell and it was good and professional. Thought of going this route with my others cars in the future as well.
The new oil was mineral 20w-50 as they didn't have 20w-40 or 15w-40 which was the required one as mentioned many pages back on this thread.

Good difference in NVH as the old oil had gone bad although the engine had not run much. The 1100 got to pose with a BMW I8 as well while filling fuel.
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img_7268.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img_7271.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th November 2020 at 11:51. Reason: Typos
tharian is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 13:08   #1682
Senior - BHPian

Have a query regarding wheel jam on the Fiat 1100D. It is the same car as the above post.
The car is used only on weekends and is parked for 5-6 days a week. This was the same routine for the last few years.
The last I used it was a week ago and this morning, the right rear wheel locked up when moving it a couple of feet from the parking lot.

Initially I thought it was stone under the tyre, and so I reversed, which it did for a couple of feet and then when moving forward, the same happened. After few tries moving back and forth, the wheel finally didn't move forward at all. It still did in reverse although I couldn't move much because of the wall behind.

I haven't opened the wheel yet since I don't have the right tool to remove the centre nut of the drum. Is this because the brakes have jammed or something else?
Old 2nd January 2021, 13:52   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Looks like.

Drums have more of a tendency to jam compared to discs.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 10:39   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Have a query regarding wheel jam on the Fiat 1100D. It is the same car as the above post.
The car is used only on weekends and is parked for 5-6 days a week. This was the same routine for the last few years.
The last I used it was a week ago and this morning, the right rear wheel locked up when moving it a couple of feet from the parking lot.

Initially I thought it was stone under the tyre, and so I reversed, which it did for a couple of feet and then when moving forward, the same happened. After few tries moving back and forth, the wheel finally didn't move forward at all. It still did in reverse although I couldn't move much because of the wall behind.

I haven't opened the wheel yet since I don't have the right tool to remove the centre nut of the drum. Is this because the brakes have jammed or something else?
It could be the wheel cylinder. Either jammed (would need a removal, cleaning and reinstallation), or replacement of wheel cylinder kit alone or the entire wheel cylinder itself. This is normal in cars parked for long durations.
ilangop is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed