Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the World Cup 2015 ?
Australia 64 34.04%
England 1 0.53%
India 44 23.40%
New Zealand 31 16.49%
Pakistan 2 1.06%
South Africa 43 22.87%
Sri Lanka 0 0%
West Indies 3 1.60%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 21:31   #316
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread

Oh wow, now this is insane!

World Cup 2015: Protests in Bangladesh over 'biased' umpiring

Quote:
DHAKA: Hundreds of Bangladesh cricket supporters Thursday burnt an effigy of Pakistani cricket umpire Aleem Dar and marched in the capital Dhaka after the country was knocked out of the World Cup.

But Bangladeshi fans were furious after player-of-the-match Sharma got a big break on 90 when he holed out to deep mid-wicket off Rubel Hossain, only for Dar and fellow umpire Ian Gould to signal a no-ball for what appeared to be a legitimate waist-high delivery.
Old 19th March 2015, 23:56   #317
Senior - BHPian

Bangladeshis were always passionate about their cricket. Even in the last WC when their team was performing badly, they stoned their team bus but ended up stoning WI team bus by mistake.
Even the commentators were mentioning that even if Bangladeshi fans will be in small numbers in the MCG as compared to Indian fans but they will easily beat Indian fans in creating noise.

About Indian Fans too...

During Asian Test Championship in 1999, when Sachin was given out, the Spectators in Eden Gardens didn't allow the match to continue and remaining match had to be completed in the empty Eden Gardens, then there was WC SF in 1996 at Eden Gardens. So this is nothing new or happening for the first time.
It's simply that the people in that part of the world are more passionate and vocal about their love for the game.

P.S. - The decision of umpires giving No-ball is not surprising but the promptness and manner in which it was given raises many doubts. I personally feel that such instances in the crucial games must not be allowed at any cost. It wouldn't have taken more than few seconds to get that confirmed by the third umpire but the manner in which the on-field umpires handled it raises many doubts. The same umpires refer each run-out (even the certain ones too) to the third umpire but here they acted as they are on some agenda.

I checked the YouTube and found out that Virat Kohli abused Reubel Hasan very very badly in the previous WC that's why he ended up being at the receiving end.

Last edited by carwatcher : 20th March 2015 at 00:07.
Old 20th March 2015, 00:01   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

On a different note, I don't know if its patriotism or something else, but somehow our national anthem has always sounded way better than other countries. It was rather news for me today that Bangladesh's anthem was also composed by Tagore.

Awaiting India Vs Australia Semifinal now. Beating the Aussies in there home world cup would be a huge triumph.
Old 20th March 2015, 00:06   #319
Senior - BHPian

They're lodging a formal complaint with ICC! Agreed it was a bad call,but I really don't think it would've changed the result in any which way. India would've made 280 may be and we would've still won it.

I wonder if ECB is getting ideas now

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...tml?CMP=chrome
Old 20th March 2015, 00:31   #320
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Not sure if any one here received the watsup forwards going around about what Bookies feel - that msg details out scores for each match, and the prediction is it will be an India-NZ final with India retaining the cup. For a change, i would like to go with the bookies.
Old 20th March 2015, 01:01   #321
Team-BHP Support

Did anyone else notice Dhoni's complete lack of interest in that nick early in the Bangladeshi innings, inspite of the slip cordon's emphatic appeal?
Old 20th March 2015, 08:25   #322
Team-BHP Support

As much as Australia is going to breeze through today's innings, I so want Pakistan to win the match just so that we could do a 2011 semis repeat.

Not going to happen since Australia is in their mighty best form. The Mitchells, Maxwell, Haddin, Faulkner back after the injury. Unless a miracle happens I don't see Pakistan making it through.

EDIT: Pakistan wins the toss, heads to bat first.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th March 2015 at 08:39.
Old 20th March 2015, 08:36   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Not sure if any one here received the watsup forwards going around about what Bookies feel - that msg details out scores for each match, and the prediction is it will be an India-NZ final with India retaining the cup. For a change, i would like to go with the bookies.
can you please PM me the details, or upload a screenshot here

Edit
Found it here http://www.india.com/icc-cricket-wor...atsapp-322062/

and it could be a hoax as well as Pakistan are batting first today. But India winning the world cup again would be great (fixed or not).

Last edited by munchy_cool : 20th March 2015 at 08:41.
Old 20th March 2015, 08:39   #324
Senior - BHPian

BAN vs ENG match in this world cup, 38 to get in 25 with 3 wickets in hand, set batman on the other side, Jordan was given out. Check the picture at the moment when bails are off. I think it was not out and if he was given not out, Bangladesh may not have made it to QF.
Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread - It's Australia yet again !-10jordanrunout.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
It's simply that the people in that part of the world are more passionate and vocal about their love for the game.
Passionate is good but people have accept that their team cannot win all the matches. They are finding lame excuse for the loss.
Quote:
P.S. - The decision of umpires giving No-ball is not surprising but the promptness and manner in which it was given raises many doubts.
It was waist high no ball. Square leg umpire saw the height and called it. Why there should be a delay? It would have been worse if umpire called for no ball after Sharma was caught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
India would've made 280 may be and we would've still won it.
Rohit was tired by the 40th over when this happened. With Dhoni come in and play 10 overs, the score could have been 320+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Did anyone else notice Dhoni's complete lack of interest in that nick early in the Bangladeshi innings, inspite of the slip cordon's emphatic appeal?
This is not new. Dhoni has done it before.
These days when a wicket falls, bowler has to pump air, fielders have to run amock, wicket keeper has to let out a war cry, team has to get into huddle and captain has to be seen saying something 'inspirational'. All these they have to play for TV audience. This wasn't the case when there was no live TV. And if they don't perform these, it raises suspicion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread - It's Australia yet again !-screen.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
EDIT: Pakistan wins the toss, heads to bat first.
There goes the bookies prediction. May be they cannot fix the toss

Last edited by msdivy : 20th March 2015 at 08:59.
Old 20th March 2015, 08:55   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post

May be they cannot fix the toss
One thing which I have always wondered is why they never show a close up of the coin after the toss. If I remember correctly they used to do so in some series but haven't seen it happen in the world cup so far.
Old 20th March 2015, 09:17   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
One thing which I have always wondered is why they never show a close up of the coin after the toss.

It would mean they don't trust the person who is calling the toss. In this tournament they are calling past greats to call the toss, so am not surprised!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th March 2015 at 10:02. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 20th March 2015, 10:58   #327
Team-BHP Support

Pakistan were doing well at ~100/2 but two wickets and they are under the Aussie pump now
Old 20th March 2015, 11:08   #328
Team-BHP Support

124 for 5 at 29th over. 200 seems like a far fetched possibility now.

EDIT: Afridi's IN!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th March 2015 at 11:12.
Old 20th March 2015, 11:18   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

So, we are possibly looking at Ind Vs. Aus on 26th. Will be the toughest game for India in this WC. The losses in test & ODI series would be on the back of the minds of Indians and this will fuel another mauka ad . However, that is the expected scenario. But if Afridi spits fire in this game (perfect setting-probably the last ODI series for him), they may post a reasonable total on board. And Pak has got a good bowling attack and who knows, we may have a match in our hands.
Old 20th March 2015, 11:22   #330
Team-BHP Support

Boom Boom is batting like only he can... Lets see how long the fun lasts
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks