Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2017, 09:08   #601

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 15,000 kms !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Barkbusters to protect the levers

Not even a pair of gloves to protect your own digits???
As AVI mentioned, I usually go fully protected. I've invested more in my protection kit than my motorcycles accessories.
It happened to be one of those rare moments when I was late for the ride, lifts of my apartment not working, and realizing that I forgot to carry my gloves only after reaching the basement.

Had it been my regular group of riders, I would have asked them to wait for 10 more mins but this was a new group and didn't want to end up offending people by going late. So much for courtesy, I guess.

Thanks for the concern and reminder. I will be sure to never miss my gloves again (even if I'm late). Must admit that while I was editing the video, I thought of not uploading it just because I wasn't wearing the gloves.
onaversys is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 12:12   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 15,000 kms !!

Now that the "unwarranted" clutter is cleaned up from my thread, it's time to get down to the meat of the matters

Based on high recommendations of fellow Versys owners, ordered this from Ali Express and they are apparently really good with a decent range and very good voice quality and most importantly on reliable front working for a long time
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file16.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file26.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file52.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file36.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file6.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file45.jpeg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th June 2017 at 17:04. Reason: Spell error ��
Old 24th June 2017, 13:01   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Now that the "unwarranted" clutter is cleaned up from my thread, it's time to get down to the meat of the matters

Based on high recommendations of fellow Versys owners, ordered these from Ali Express and they are apparently really good with a decent range and very good voice quality and most importantly on reliable front working for a long time
Congrats on Sena - albeit a cheaper one. Been using this for more than 8 months now.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 13:24   #604
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Based on high recommendations of fellow Versys owners, ordered these from Ali Express and they are apparently really good with a decent range and very good voice quality and most importantly on reliable front working for a long time
Can we have some more details of these? Product link, price any duty issues etc. That would be useful.
Old 24th June 2017, 20:26   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congrats on Sena - albeit a cheaper one. Been using this for more than 8 months now.
Now i remember it was you who recommended this product

Can you share some highlights and low-lights about this product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Can we have some more details of these? Product link, price any duty issues etc. That would be useful.
You are a grammar nazi....Can't you overlook a typing error

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000...608.0.0.KoYAKR

I got it for $35 whereas above listing is for $37 and there were absolutely no issues for any of my orders with Ali Express. I just ensure that my orders never cross $100 (to be on safe side)

Their deliveries are improving day by day and instead of previous 45 to 60 days. Now I receive the products in 25-30 days
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 21:10   #606
BHPian

Quote:
I got it for $35 whereas above listing is for $37 and there were absolutely no issues for any of my orders with Ali Express. I just ensure that my orders never cross $100 (to be on safe side)

Their deliveries are improving day by day and instead of previous 45 to 60 days. Now I receive the products in 25-30 days
Hey Avi, congratulations on the purchase. I have been using my Sena SMH10 regularly for the last 3 years. I use it for listening to audiobooks in our choc-a-bloc Bangalore traffic, may not be to everyone's liking but it's like listening to music in a car in a commute. The speakers are trashy for music but works fine for audiobooks. The battery used to be good earlier, lasted continuous inter-comm for 9 hour rides, now it's 5 hours. I am very curious about the speaker quality in terms of music and also how long the battery lasts.
Surajit333 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 09:37   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Hey Avi, congratulations on the purchase. I have been using my Sena SMH10 regularly for the last 3 years. I use it for listening to audiobooks in our choc-a-bloc Bangalore traffic, may not be to everyone's liking but it's like listening to music in a car in a commute. The speakers are trashy for music but works fine for audiobooks. The battery used to be good earlier, lasted continuous inter-comm for 9 hour rides, now it's 5 hours.
Thanks Surajit! I have owned and used a SMH10 when I was riding the Bonnie. It was used only for little bit of music while riding and receiving calls. I really dont remember the quality of sound part as it's been a while now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
I am very curious about the speaker quality in terms of music and also how long the battery lasts.
Yet to install it! Hopefully over the week and will report back with the results
Old 25th June 2017, 12:19   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Now i remember it was you who recommended this product

Can you share some highlights and low-lights about this product?
Highlights of this product,
  1. Very good battery range
  2. Long standby time - more than 30 days
  3. Easy to use phone controls like last redial, cancel, pick
  4. can be paired with any other device which has intercom facility
  5. Have seen atleast 800 mts of Intercom
  6. Crystal clear voice @120 kmph - other person will never understand that you are riding a bike.

Cons
  1. FM radio never worked for me
  2. charging plug is not universal - you need to carry the cable or you can't charge
  3. cable for headphone / mic is little too fidgety and feels like it will break.
kailashnj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 15:13   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

I had to literally dig my thread out of the 2nd page which is not a good sign. It gives me a discomforting picture that I ain't riding enough

Actually, that's not the case to some extent as work schedules are super tight with some travel thrown in but, I try to ride as much as possible over most weekends but, they have been those typically breakfast rides that aren't pleasurable anymore

A few weeks ago, I planned for a ride to Vizag and Araku Valley and believe you me that turned out to be the mother of all rides that I ever did in my entire life as we went through adventurous galore that tested both the man and machine to extreme levels and deserves a dedicated travelogue thread to share the fun, adventure and nightmare we all went through together (BHPians on the ride- IDP Sharma & Onaversys)

Trip Meter-1804 Kms in 3 Days

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-trip-meter.jpeg

Current Odometer Reading : 18125 kms completed till date

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-odometer.jpeg

1st Wash of Dark Knight ; Rode 900+ kms in continuous rain so imagine the grime it can accumulate. Needs couple more detailed washes

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-wash.jpeg

Line up of 6 bikes who completed this adventurous ride together

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2036.jpg

Group Pic : IDPSharma, Haseeb Khan, Mobike008, Vasanth, Onaversys

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_20170716_122606-copy.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 19:59   #610
BHPian

Quote:
A few weeks ago, I planned for a ride to Vizag and Araku Valley and believe you me that turned out to be the mother of all rides that I ever did in my entire life as we went through adventurous galore that tested both the man and machine to extreme levels and deserves a dedicated travelogue thread to share the fun, adventure and nightmare we all went through together (BHPians on the ride- IDP Sharma & Onaversys)

[/ATTACH]
I am sure it will be very interesting to read you travelogue. Will wait for it
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:08   #611
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 18,000 kms !!

Time for the fourth service? Isn't it 18k kms?

Or would you be delaying the service since the third service was done around 15k kms?

Also, in both the pictures above - the idling rpm seems to be very high at around 1750rpm. In my bike, that results in a very solid clunk everytime I shift into first gear. Not facing any such issues?

I've set an idle rpm of around 1000.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd July 2017 at 19:10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:52   #612
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 18,000 kms !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Time for the fourth service? Isn't it 18k kms? Or would you be delaying the service since the third service was done around 15k kms?
I have always followed the service by the book and changed oil and oil filter each time

1000kms (1st Service)
6000kms (2nd Service)
12000kms (3rd Service)

I have changed the Air Filter at 15000kms due to it's unavailability or would have got it replaced during the 12K service

So what you said is right, Dark Knight is due for it's 18,000kms service but, I am travelling international until early August and then immediately travelling to Goa. Will be back in town only around mid-august so will get this service done during 3rd week of August (until then it will be lubed, cleaned and kept cozy under the wraps

Quote:
Also, in both the pictures above - the idling rpm seems to be very high at around 1750rpm. In my bike, that results in a very solid clunk everytime I shift into first gear. Not facing any such issues?
Well, that's what I love about BHP'ians. They are a crazy bunch. We notice things that normal people never even think about

I can't recall if it was just ignition ON or engine switched on when this picture was clicked as I had no strength left to even click a picture after I reached home as it was the most grueling ride of my life. But, point is noted and will get it checked along with the check engine light that came on and off for entire 1800kms ride along with a couple of other issues with the Versys during the ride.

I'm in love with the Kawasaki reliability (more about it in the Travelogue)
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 21:21   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Really looking forward to the travelogue, glad to know that V performed brilliantly!

Quote:

I've set an idle rpm of around 1000.
Mine was actually set at 1000-1200rpm but the service guy had increased it to around 1800ish rpm saying it's better for the engine. Do parallel twins need to have such higer idling rpms or the service guy was trying to show that he knew something
atul.ktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 22:22   #614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But, point is noted and will get it checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
Mine was actually set at 1000-1200rpm but the service guy had increased it to around 1800ish rpm saying it's better for the engine. Do parallel twins need to have such higer idling rpms or the service guy was trying to show that he knew something
Seems I am wrong with a setting of 1000 rpm.
And your bikes are as well.

Ideal setting is within 1250 - 1350 rpm.

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_20170723_221908.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 12:04   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
1800 RPM is too high and even the manual says 1250 to 1350 RPM. I think the guy was trying to show off or he did not know anything and must be thinking that the bike when started goes to high rpm and that is what it should be set at.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks