Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you come to the Team-BHP national meet in Goa?
Yes 67 33.67%
No 58 29.15%
Undecided 74 37.19%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2006, 15:19   #46
BANNED

Hey, Still waiting for the Mods to pip in with their thoughts on this !!

Any suggestions ??

cheers
Old 9th February 2006, 15:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
dude ...chennai is too far for everyone except for those staying in teh south ...abt goa ..the drive will be good for everyone ....people from south can take teh nh4 till dharwad after which u get the entire ankola rd and then nh17 till goa...for people from mumbai they can take the nh4 route or the nh17...

but then others staying in teh north will not be able to make it in a single day
for a country like india spread over 2.9million sqkm, it will be highly impractical to choose a central location where everyone can drive from nook and corner of the country.

so, lets have the first meet at a place where we have the right kind of facilities (race track, infrastructure etc) where can have as much fun as possible. may be next time we can have it at a hill station... lets make this an annual event...
Old 9th February 2006, 15:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

sounds interesting...!!!!
I'll try to make it if my exams are not at the same time...

ps: thats quite a bold avatar Khaadu...beware of mods
Old 9th February 2006, 16:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

I am in if the venue is somewhere with in driveable distance from Hyd. I am in whether it's Goa or Hyd.
If people are looking for a venue in the central part of India, Hyd should be the right choice.
Old 9th February 2006, 17:17   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
sounds interesting...!!!!
I'll try to make it if my exams are not at the same time...

ps: thats quite a bold avatar Khaadu...beware of mods
hey, !! poof ..gone ......... back 2 a saner one .

Cheers
Old 9th February 2006, 21:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Kya Khaadu, I kinda liked that avatar. Btw, please reply to PM yaar!!!
Old 9th February 2006, 21:20   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
hey, !! poof ..gone ......... back 2 a saner one .

Cheers
Thanks khaadu .. It was rather weird having to read ur posts with parents/uncles lurking behind wondering what the hell was i seeing on a automotive forum .. U see my comp is in the hall ..
Old 9th February 2006, 21:22   #53
BANNED

Btw mods what happened to the poll .. It would be better if it is made a public poll and let only those who are willing to participate vote ..
Old 9th February 2006, 22:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

I just got this Idea.

COIMBATORE/OOTY!!

Guys can drive on the Coimbatore Race Track ,as well as stay in the hill station. What do u say??
Old 9th February 2006, 22:49   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
I just got this Idea.

COIMBATORE/OOTY!!

Guys can drive on the Coimbatore Race Track ,as well as stay in the hill station. What do u say??
Good idea .. But how easy would it be to rent the kari speedway compared to the MMST .. And getting all other things like accomodation etc would be a little more troublesome as sideways can take care of it at chennai ..

Also is there an option of renting out any cars such as the FISSME's , LGB's , rotax's .. Im game for anything be it goa , chennai , coimby as long as the meet happens ..
Old 9th February 2006, 23:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

Sideways / BikerSG can easily arrange the Kari motor speedway.

We need large confirmations to make this happen.

No use 4-5 cars renting the track out for a couple of days. It would make a loss for the Track-owners.
Old 10th February 2006, 06:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren... dude... i agree that the track will be lots of fun.. but please guys the topic here is NATIONAL MEET... how will the guys from North come down all the way to chennai?? think practically... I think GOA will be a better place and we can expect to meet other TBHP members from north..Also if they do come down i guess they wont drive... where is the fun in that... renting other cars turns out to be expensive for some of them.. not everyone is as loaded as you mclaren..hehehe... I still think goa is better... nice drive... the beach... The Beer... The cars... what else can you ask for huh??
Old 10th February 2006, 09:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nitrous, if its anywhere out of Chennai, I am coming with you, man.......

yeah, Coimbatore track should be amazing.

And what sweet, new ride were you talking about getting before the next track day, Nitrous?
Old 10th February 2006, 10:23   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Mclaren... dude... i agree that the track will be lots of fun.. but please guys the topic here is NATIONAL MEET... how will the guys from North come down all the way to chennai?? think practically... I think GOA will be a better place and we can expect to meet other TBHP members from north..Also if they do come down i guess they wont drive... where is the fun in that... renting other cars turns out to be expensive for some of them.. not everyone is as loaded as you mclaren..hehehe... I still think goa is better... nice drive... the beach... The Beer... The cars... what else can you ask for huh??
I agree with u goddy .. But my point in case was , what different would be doing than any ordinary highway trip as a national meet .. The thought of making it a special led to the inclusion of track .. Party in goa agreed is fun , but we normally do all that right be it delhi , goa , bangy , etc ????

Coming to the point of guys coming and not driving on a track , i just dont get it .. One doesnt have to be professionally qualified to drive on a track .. Ask all the members who came this time and they will tell u ... Its the fun factor these tracks are associated with ..
Renting out other cars aint that expensive anymore .. All that one needs is 900 bucks to drive ones own car for one full day or 1000 bucks for 1 session with the FISSME or the track esteems .. I think anyone with a budget of 2k/day would do fine .. All u need is some used tyres so that urs stay intact .. As u can see these track days are bloody addictive .. Feel like going back again and again ..

Loaded ????? Who me ???? Naah .. Look at me , a poor college going kid without a car and pocket money .. U guys are earning for goodness sake !!!!!

Like i have been saying , im game be it goa , chennai , coimby , heck be it even mars .. Just let me know the time and date ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th February 2006 at 10:28.
Old 10th February 2006, 18:22   #60
BANNED

Hey, My idea is this !! I feel we shud make the venue GOA and it should happen in Oct-NOv '06 .. This ways we have plenty of time to arrange things and its good weather there !! We can definitely think of interesting things to do besides the regular drinking & partying ... also it will enable us guys to hang out and get to know each other .. We have Rallystar a member from Goa who seems very helpful and I'm sure he'll be glad to help us in arranging things there !!

Whoever wants to drive down can drive down and people from up North who don't wanna drive can always fly down and rent cars there !! And we shud atleast have 40 ppl plus to make it an official meet ...

Serious ppl ... let ur ideas fly !!

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks