Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 16:22   #2731
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

A truly wonderful meet Thanks to everyone who attended for making it successful !! It was really nice meeting up with everyone !

Some pics from my side. I will upload the remaining pics soon. The group photos are with someone else, so will have to wait till they upload the pics.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0014.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0015.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0016.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0017.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0018.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0019.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0020.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0021.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0022.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0023.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0024.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0028.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0031.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0032.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0033.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0034.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0038.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0039.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0040.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-_dsc0041.jpg

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 12th February 2012 at 16:46. Reason: Blanking out number plates in some of the photos
W.A.G.7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 16:24   #2732
Team-BHP Support

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Report & Pics:

I had a late night party but still woke up at 7 am to be ready for the meet in time. Just about 5 mins later I got an sms from Amey confirming he was up and getting ready to leave in half an hour. Had my coffee and I was ready just in time. Amey had already reached my place in record time. He had Racer_X and abhijitl along with him. We drove down to the meeting point to find heman_369 & ajay_satpute already waiting there. Soon W.A.G.7 pulled up in his Micra and we realized that it was time for many to join.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4855.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4856.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4857.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4858.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4859.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4860.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4863.jpg

Soon other gearheads started pouring in and it was hard to keep a track of the attendees. The parking lot was full of cars with team-bhp stickers and people passing by had no clue as to what was happening. There was car talk for a good 45 mins till we waited for everyone to assemble. The enthusiasm amongst car guys was high and everyone was eager to drive out. Selfdrive, ojas and Sukiwa had to head home due to other commitments and the rest of us set out for our first stopover at Dehu Road toll booth. We were joined by a few more bhpians. Apologies for forgetting your handles. Please identify yourself. One I remember is shridhar.s.i who had a little surprise for us. There was another bhpian who joined in his Figo.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4866.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4869.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4872.jpg

We set out for the next regroup towards Kamshet as Bombay t-bhpians had already reached way ahead of time. This time we were in a well formed convoy and I just about managed a hazy picture.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4876.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4878.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4880.jpg

The Bombay boys joined in and we drove down to Pawana. The road condition
is just about average. The convoy did get curious looks from passers by due to the sheer number of cars that participated. Some did think it was an election procession but the lack of flags made them wonder. We stopped by after crossing Pawana dam for quick photo op:

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4885.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4886.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4890.jpg

Our collective stomachs were craving for some much needed breakfast and the organizer had made some special arrangements for us. We followed him to be led to an empty piece of land with no signs of a dhaba or a restaurant. I was a little too hungry and pop came out a bunch of big bags from the Safari. Sagar - Throttleking had woken up early in the morning to cook breakfast for all 35-40 of us. It was a great gesture and all of us were so thankful to him. Its not everyday that we come across humble people like him. A big thanks to you Sagar for this. And shridhar.s.i had bought us some delicious Pattice from a bakery. A big thank you to both the guys for taking care of our breakfast at their own personal expense!!

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4903.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4904.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4906.jpg

Needless to say, the crowd gathered around the Safari. Sagar did ensure that cleanliness was maintained by placing a big plastic bag to dump all our garbage, etc. After filling ourselves up with some lovely poha and pattice topping it down with some Thumbs up, we were in the mood for a photoshoot.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4907.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4908.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4892.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4896.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4898.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4902.jpg  

moralfibre is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 16:35   #2733
Team-BHP Support

And here's the last set of pics I got. Hope these are enough for people to not write "Pics please" . I've tried to get all t-bhpians in this post. Someone please tag members.

We went ahead and had lunch at Sunny da dhaba and called it a day at around 3 pm.

The star of the meet and his new love - The Safari

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4949.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4913.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4914.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4921.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4923.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4925.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4930.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4931.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4932.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4933.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4935.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4936.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4944.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4945.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4946.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_4948.jpg  

moralfibre is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 16:37   #2734
BHPian

Correction here - I was not the one who got the pattice...cant take the credit for this, i am not sure if i recognize the handle but whoever got the pattice, please identify themselves now, and yes thanks for the lovely breakfast..
shridhar.s.i is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 17:25   #2735
BHPian

Hi Guys,

One good meet. Had fun meeting and talking to all.

Thanks to Harish (Guderian) and Rohan for the ride. It was good meeting you guys.

Good to catch up again with Monaro and F150.

Throttleking - Thanks for the lovely breakfast. Just at the time when stomachs started growling.

Here are my version of the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-p1000207.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-p1000211.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-p1000201.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-p1000216.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-p1000205.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-p1000204.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-suvs.jpg  

yogeshnagpal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 17:50   #2736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Report & Pics:

I had a late night party but still woke up...

...we were in the mood for a photoshoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Correction here - I was not the one who got the pattice...cant take the credit for this, i am not sure if i recognize the handle but whoever got the pattice, please identify themselves now, and yes thanks for the lovely breakfast..

I was the one who brought the pattice.. But its okay guys! No big deal!
Most importantly I could meet meet you all! Thank you for all the support and I am certainly looking forward to the next tapri meet.
Cheers!

Note From Team BHP Support-Team: Please avoid quoting large and entire posts as it may inconvenience small-screen and mobile users. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th February 2012 at 12:56. Reason: See note in post :)
coriollis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 18:09   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
I think it was Coriallis a.k.a Abhijeet. Phew, what a meet we had. Look forward to more such meets. Special thanks to TK for wonderfully coordinated event. In a long time, attended an event which went on schedule like clockwork. Hats off to "US" & spirit of TBHP.
Three cheers for TBHP
nawalsingal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 18:29   #2738
BHPian

Great pics and looks like you had a ball!. I am really jealous here. So very much wanted to be there! Hopefully next time!
Old 12th February 2012, 18:42   #2739
BHPian

My first meet.. and truly, if this is the benchmark, I am confirmed for every micro, mini and mega meet in the future. And my daughter is looking over my shoulder and asking me to add her name to the list too!

Had a great time guys! Was awesome to meet so many folks sharing the same passion. I am really bad at names and faces, leave alone handles (!), so it's going to take a couple more meets before I know everyone.. but all of you, and especially Sagar, Ajay, Guderion, Monaro and a bunch of others really made me feel welcome right from the moment I pulled into the meet at CCD. While Amruta and Sanam probably felt a little like intruders and missed meeting other family members, they had a blast too!

Lot of memories and highlights... the dash from CCD to Urban Tadka was the perfect way to revv up, the wicked Lancer with the roar overtaking in a flash, the sight of the 5 SUVs lined up, the snaking convoy, the ice cold Thumsup from the boot Safari, the awesome Bullet...

The area was great for some soft off-roading... and Samara missed that. Guys, next time, lets take the bad girls out while the good ones are resting The hills around Bhuleshwar temple are great too!

Will upload pics shortly, but until then, look forward to some more great stuff from the pros.

Cheers!
siddheshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 19:19   #2740
BHPian

Here's my daughter's blog post... taking the liberty of reproducing it here since her blog is by invite only

(Mods, I thought this would give TBHPians a nice view of how a ten year old views the forum... but yes, feel free to edit/delete if it violates TBHP rules)

Dad must have posted a lot of Team BHP posts featuring Samara and our other cars. Anyways a brief definition of Team BHP is it is a forum where people who love their cars and want to share it's day to day experience and drives. Today Team BHP had organised a drive from Pune to Pavana near it's dam... We left pretty early(on a Sunday.. Pooh!) But never mind for it totally worth it. At 8:10 we were ready and Amruta was accompanying us but Mom had some work to do and couldn't make it. So by 8:30 we were near the Paud road CCD but not for breakfast. That was a meeting spot where all the Team BHPians from Pune met and for like 15 mins we were chatting and blah blah. Surprisingly Amruta and I were the only girls and everyone else were men. After leaving from there left for Talegaon where we met others. Then Kamshet and then to Pavana dam.
What an amazing place. Totally awesome and wonderful. Clicked a lot of pics and then we went a little ahead for breakfast. Sagar, our host had arranged for our breakfast. We had yummy Veg patties and Poha with some Thumbs Up. After a long time spent at the breakfast area, we had a photo session and then we left for lunch at a dhaba near Lonavala side. We had great food and after bidding goodbyes, we left for Pune.
And we were terribly tired so nothing could have been better than sleeping on a soft cushion with a blankie and the fan and the AC on...
siddheshb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 19:36   #2741
BHPian

This was my third T BHP meet. The first was at Lavasa steered by MX 6 (?) which was a joint Team BHP Mumbai Pune meet

The second was a photoshoot meet and this was the third. All three were mega meets and got to meet different people at all the three meets.

Got to taste first rides in VW -na not Vento- but Polo (Nawal), Mirca (WAG 7) and the haathi of Guderian ka Toyota Big Fat *** SUV. Really BIG !!

Car of the day was Mitshubushi modded 240 kmph Lancer owned passionately by Amey. The exhaust noise has to be heard man.

Nice to meet old BikeNomad members Navendu Singh and the Doctor after a long time.

My Team BHPian Man Of The Day was Throttle King ! He really steered the meet and hey thanks for the massive breakfast that you arranged for 40 people. Very thoughtful very kind of you man !

Runners up Team BHPians were Guderain and the 5 Mumbai guys who came down all the way from Mumbai. Cheers o you guys !!

Met old pals like Swananda and Dot and a few more. Made many new pals .....

Food at the Sunnny Ka Dhaba was great. We 40 guys monopolised this Dhaba!!

Thanks till we meet again....

PS: The SUV big guys got an exclusive photoshoot as if all other cars were dabbas !!!!

LOL ...

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 12th February 2012 at 19:47.
nanduchitnis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 19:48   #2742
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Lovely photos and lovely turnout as well.
Had tea with Guderian, Uday Desai, YogeshNagpal, SuperBee, Rohan (and his father) at 7:30 am little ahead of clover leaf junction. Got delayed by 5 - 6 mins because there was a huge group of super bikes with many Harleys who were on the road and were a sight to see. Guess they were headed towads NH4.
Then drove over to CBD belapur and took the Palm beach road to return home.
Hope the March drive to Bhandardara garners bigger participation.
Old 12th February 2012, 20:24   #2743
BHPian

ahh I am still not out of it awesome meet, around 40 tbhpians from pune and mumbai. After spending hours in scorching heat and awesome lunch @sunny I droped the guys and reached home by 4pm. Switched on the AC and in 2 mins I was like ghrrrrrrrrr..........ghrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks a lot everyone for making it such lovely meet!
throttleking is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 20:38   #2744
BHPian

Special thanks to you throttleking. The pohe were lipsmacking to say the least !!! really appreciate your efforts man!!!! Unanimously we say "jamlay barka tula" !!!!!
Old 12th February 2012, 21:14   #2745
BHPian

I was really looking forward to this drive since it was quite some time since I had gone for a 'TBHP Drive' and I must say I am glad I could make it to this one.It was truly a very nice experience. Lots of cars, bunch of gearheads and some nice roads,perfect recipe for an exciting time.
Another hidden reason to make it for this drive was to test the Lancer on a longer trip after we completed the DOHC Head swap. Hadn't got an opportunity to do that since there were a few setbacks which delayed the car getting on road.After which had to first complete the running in before she could be unleashed on good roads.
With 3 oil changes done for a total running of 2k kms, the running in was completed and it was time for the real test.

Left the house at around 7.35 or so and headed for Roopali restaurant on FC Road. I had got a call from Abhijit ( Tune Up Plus) that he would come ( Finally he made it this time) and therefore picked him up from Roopali, daily morning coffee place.
Next it was Siddharth (Racer-X) who was picked followed by MoralFibre and then we headed to the meeting point as per instruction given by Anna.

Once we reached there, we first met Himanshu and Ajay and the Etios and were then joined by W.A.G.7 and his Micra,it was meeting you Ketan after a very long time.

Then came in F150 in his Swift along with Kumar Ranjan and another BHPian,sorry I got confused with lot of members whom I met for the first time and that too coming in different cars as co passengers. Sorry if I get someone wrong.

Slowly people started pouring in and as MoralFibre termed it, there was 'unlawful assembly of people on public roads'
Nearby people were staring at us,obvious questions in their minds being, "Who are all these people?"
"Why are there so many cars?"
"These look like decent people and aren't creating any ruckus,but why the hell have they gathered here and that too so early ? "

So it was unanimously decided to push off since almost everyone had arrived and we were getting late,the Mumbai guys would be waiting along with Group No.2

I must admit, I did act selfish this time and sneaked ahead of everyone so that I could let 'HER' loose and have some fun.
If I would have left after a few, would have had to remain in the convoy.Sorry folks.
Once we hit the Bypass, it was time for some spirited driving for testing offcourse, loved it !
Shifting at 6-7k RPM in a motor not known to be revv happy and hitting 140-160 Kmph in no time and even 170 at one point. Was good enough to assure me, the DOHC swap had worked wonders!

We reached the next meeting point, Toll Naka on NH4 before Talegaon. We had a small halt here where a few bhpians wanted to check out the Lancer, Maulik thought it was a beautifully tuned exhaust on a diesel lancer,haha got you !
I have left the badges there for the same reason,you fell for it.Sorry man.Lol
Then came in Capt. Nandu Chitnis, who I guess wasn't aware it was my car, said "kya awaaj karti hai,lekin aise lagta hai 20 ke speed se jaa rahi ho!"
My thoughts, "Sir, why not go for a spin,maybe your opinion would change ? "
He found out it was mine and we got talking,told him a few bits about the Lancer,maybe he then realized, it isn't just another 'Ricer Boy' with a big exhaust but a fellow bhpian who is sincerely trying to fulfill his dream and has taken good amounts of efforts on it.
Trust me Sir, I do not like that loud exhaust, it does get irritating at times but I have followed everything that pointed towards performance,sacrificing everything else for that.
It's a 3" through exhaust meant for the turbo which is going to come later.
Also, we should catch up some time, would like to take you for a spin in the Lancer

Here we were joined by a few more BHPians and then we headed towards the 3rd meeting point, Kamshet crossing.
Here we met the Mumbai gang who had reached way before us. With basic hi-hellos and formal introductions, we left for the destination,Pawana Dam.

The drive was a mix of a few twisties,some rough roads,no roads,lol but it was good fun.

Once we reached Pawan Dam, we proceeded a bit ahead and there was a huge open space where we got ample space to park our cars.
I don't know whose find it was but whoever it is, Nice find!

Here Anna opened his tapri, garam garam pohe with sev along with Thumbs Up and Veg patties brought by Abhijit (Coriallis) am I right ?

Food was really needed since I had left with just a cup of coffee in the morning and by the time we reached the spot it was almost 11 AM. So yeah, I was hungry.

It was a pleasant sight to see gathering of so many cars along with a lot of gearheads.
After everyone had a 'personal' pitstop, the next activity was chit chatting and photo shoots with a lot of DSLR's popping out, we realized, this isn't going be wrapped up very quickly!
Funnily, there was a 'bandwala' rath passing by and the blokes sitting in it yelled, 'Bajaoo kya?"
Effect of so many cars and people at a place where you normally don't see so many cars ? Hinting at something special happening, maybe ?
My instantaneous reaction was, "Bajao!" hehe. Me, Amit (Turboholic,right ?) and few others had a laugh and then back to photoshoots.

Got 'instructions' from his highness MoralFibre to park the cars in an organized pattern for the shoot and so everyone was busy rearranging the cars followed by a lot of 'clicks'
Then came a group photo and we were off for lunch as it was getting pretty hot since it was already noon.

Then we headed to Sunny Da Dhaba where we had lunch and then it was time to head home.
What a day it was, perfect!
Three cheers for Vasuli Anna for once again being the perfect co ordinator, actually he should be the official co ordinator for big meets/drives from here on.hehe
Honestly Sagar, Thanks a bunch man.

Looking forward to the next one.
Amey is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks