Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2010, 12:19   #1726
BHPian

[quote=agbenny;2101317]I tried this, after turning of the ignition, I closed the door, it didn't lock the door again.

I believe it should lock. I had a very bad experience due to this. I went for a long trip couple of months back to Tirunelveli and I kept the keys inside near the back door as I had to arrange the baggages there and closed the door. In the meanwhile the auto-lock feature got activated and all doors got locked automatically. I had to call up a local mechanic with the help of a few locals and he spent almost an hour to open the driver side door. He inserted some wires through the driver side window and opened the door finally.It was a lesson for me and after that I never keep my keys inside when leaving the car.
Old 12th October 2010, 12:39   #1727
BANNED

The only advantage of auto lock I see, it locks the rear door too, so all the baggages are safe otherwise, people can steel easily at slow speeds, or in signals. I didn't have this feature activated before, But now after the lock replacement. The best way is dialing it, or we need to be very careful. :-)
Old 12th October 2010, 12:49   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I tried this, after turning of the ignition, I closed the door, it didn't lock the door again.

BTW, I saw an id starting they provide key-less entry for Scorpio (who seems to be the suppliers of Nissan etc in India), anyone tried it?

Today I found one of the metal caps in the type mouth is missing, Tyretronics shows 27.5 as the pressure. Not sure how it went off.
Hi, you will have to ask the Nippon person to come and do the setting.

[quote=Anoop RD;2102838]
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I tried this, after turning of the ignition, I closed the door, it didn't lock the door again.

I believe it should lock. I had a very bad experience due to this. I went for a long trip couple of months back to Tirunelveli and I kept the keys inside near the back door as I had to arrange the baggages there and closed the door. In the meanwhile the auto-lock feature got activated and all doors got locked automatically. I had to call up a local mechanic with the help of a few locals and he spent almost an hour to open the driver side door. He inserted some wires through the driver side window and opened the door finally.It was a lesson for me and after that I never keep my keys inside when leaving the car.
Must have been a novice mechanic, it takes less than 2 minutes to remove the rubbber siding of the driver side door, insert a straight hard wire turned to a U at the lower end to press the lever. The lock will open and you can retrieve the keys , for thieves however there is deterrent , the ignition will not work unless the car has been unlocked with the remote.

Last edited by m_upreti : 12th October 2010 at 12:52.
Old 13th October 2010, 14:12   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop RD View Post

Must have been a novice mechanic, it takes less than 2 minutes to remove the rubbber siding of the driver side door, insert a straight hard wire turned to a U at the lower end to press the lever. The lock will open and you can retrieve the keys , for thieves however there is deterrent , the ignition will not work unless the car has been unlocked with the remote.
Yes that is true. He initially tried opening the door as we do in Maruti 800s, by inserting a scale, but it never worked. Then he went back and came with a hard wire exactly as you pointed with a U shape at the end. Then it worked. Me and he, both were happy.
Old 16th October 2010, 15:17   #1730
BANNED

A friend's 06' CRDe had a strange issue today. We were driving to BIAL and the moment the engine would rev above3k rpm, there was a "whistling" like sound from the engine. We pulled over to check after opening the bonnet. Same phenomenon. Rev the engine to 3k and the whistle starts, bring it below 3k rpm, it stops.
Much like a turbo whistle but much louder. Checked belts, engine temp, but nothing abnormal. Vehicle pulls just as strongly, no black smoke, no bust EGR.

Inputs please...
Old 16th October 2010, 16:15   #1731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Rev the engine to 3k and the whistle starts, bring it below 3k rpm, it stops.
Inputs please...
Check for a minute air leak from the exhaust manifold. Re-tighten exhaust manifold and all other exhaust system couplings and test again.
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:07   #1732

Scorpio AT - Is it true that immobilizer codes cannot be changed?

Hi Everyone,

I booked a Mahindra Scorpio AT on the 12th. I am expecting delivery of the vehicle by the first week of November.

Yesterday, while at the showroom, I requested the sales guy to have a technician around during vehicle delivery since I wanted to change the immobilizer code. To my surprise, he told me that the code cannot be changed on the new Scorpios (according to him, the newer ones come with unique codes).

Is this true? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Som

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd October 2010 at 19:11. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread. Thanks
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:18   #1733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somindrab View Post
To my surprise, he told me that the code cannot be changed on the new Scorpios (according to him, the newer ones come with unique codes).
This is true. Now the codes digitally encoded in the chip in the key and hence cannot be changed/read.
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:28   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somindrab View Post
Hi Everyone,

I booked a Mahindra Scorpio AT on the 12th. I am expecting delivery of the vehicle by the first week of November.
congrats buddy.

Quote:
Yesterday, while at the showroom, I requested the sales guy to have a technician around during vehicle delivery since I wanted to change the immobilizer code. To my surprise, he told me that the code cannot be changed on the new Scorpios (according to him, the newer ones come with unique codes).
he is right. the new scorpios come with a better tech called RFID like iCATs in maruti cars. all scorpios now come with a unique code which cannot be changed.
Old 22nd October 2010, 21:41   #1735

Thanks for the quick replies Guys!

I have been through nearly all posts on the Scorpio and especially the ones revolving around the theft attempts. This puts my mind at ease. I also want to use a gear lock but I am not sure if there is one for ATs.
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:54   #1736
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Check for a minute air leak from the exhaust manifold. Re-tighten exhaust manifold and all other exhaust system couplings and test again.
This issue is still pending but there is another update that happened today. He was driving the car and there was a burning smell under the hood. Upon observation, it was found to be emanating from somewhere near the belt/timing belt area. The engine temp was normal and the vehicle was operating normally too.

Any pointers folks??
Old 23rd October 2010, 14:28   #1737
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This issue is still pending but there is another update that happened today. He was driving the car and there was a burning smell under the hood. Upon observation, it was found to be emanating from somewhere near the belt/timing belt area. The engine temp was normal and the vehicle was operating normally too.

Any pointers folks??
There is an update to this. He called me again when he reached home and told me that he gets very hot air when he turns the ac on. Then, upon checking, he told me that when he opens to bonnet and turns the ac on, he hears a clattering sound. I believe the ac compressor bearing has gone bust.

Also, I didnt understand this "hot air when ac on" issue.
Old 24th October 2010, 18:45   #1738
BHPian

hi everybody,
i have a scorpio which is almost 3 years old, done more than 60k and been to all nasty terrains.
recently i drove all over ladakh and spiti when the roads were not yet opened and also just completed the raid in my scorpio.
some observations and experiences i would like to share:

1. the two wheel drive never got stuck on any off road section as yet. if u do not do delebrate off roading and do the off road patches that we come accross in all remote areas of our country , rest assured u wil not be stuck. when driven properly though. eg. this time around in the raid we were travelling with gypsies who had their 4wd on most of the time and they were in no way faster, or more in control than us. driven properly the two wheel drive is good enough for the remotest of remote places to travel to , but not for delebrate off roading.

2. the bouncing ball game the scorpio plays and the rolls it takes when u go through undulations or corner at high speeds. looked every where fr solution but it came from mr sudhir kashyap. decrease the front tyre pressure to 28 and rear to 30. try it , then we shall discuss it. i have all the logics and reasons but before that try it for a week . everybody, we can have a poll on its results.

3. full reliabilty:till date i only get the routine servicing done , which is damm cheap, at classic motors , noida,no injector cleaning, engine flush and such fancy things. i carry my full load of spares but all that i have ever used is the air filter change which i do when i am through lots of dust y terrain for days at a end and the filter on visual inspection is due.

i feel this car evokes a pride and confidence in me that its indian and never lets me down anywhere. awesome piece of machinery. very cheap to maintain and very rugged.

sharat
Old 24th October 2010, 19:23   #1739
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hi sharath, all said & done, why did you post this in the scorpio issues & solutions thread?!!

i see no issues & infact only praises for the vehicle in your post!

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th October 2010 at 21:01. Reason: Please do not quote an entire large post, it causes inconvenience to small screen and mobile users. Thanks
Old 24th October 2010, 21:08   #1740
Distinguished - BHPian

@sharath:

You make a good point about the service. Dealerships add all kinds of unwanted *service* and pad the bills. I pushed back and got a refund for so called *Engine Care* for about Rs. 700/- which is pretty much an engine wash. Basically all these unwanted dealer creations increase your costs of ownership so unless recommended in by Mahindra in your service booklet, push back and refuse to pay for this nonsense.

Normal service for Mahindra including oil change should be only about Rs. 2000/-.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks