Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 14:46   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Proprietary items are covered by the respective manufacturers warranty, in such cases the decision taken by the proprietary manufacturer is final and binding.

Spike
Old 1st November 2010, 14:54   #1757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Proprietary items are covered by the respective manufacturers warranty, in such cases the decision taken by the proprietary manufacturer is final and binding.

Spike
What if the issue does not get resolved despite repeated efforts? How, when, and who makes the call to replace a particular component?

I know M&M has strict discipline in terms of not just replacing things under warranty but trying to find a cure for it. But how many times do they get this leeway?

If the proprietary manufacturer's decision is final, can the owner (affected party) take it up directly with the prop.manufacturer and deal with them rather than via the M&M dealer? How does the system work?
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:33   #1758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfreak View Post
the bouncing ball game the scorpio plays and the rolls it takes when u go through undulations or corner at high speeds. looked every where fr solution but it came from mr sudhir kashyap. decrease the front tyre pressure to 28 and rear to 30. try it , then we shall discuss it. i have all the logics and reasons but before that try it for a week . everybody, we can have a poll on its results.
Has any other Scorpio owner on the forum tried this? If yes, with what results? Not sure about the crde, but the mHawk manual recommends 32 in all 4 tyres (for laden & unladen weights). Wouldn't a decrease of 4 psi be a bit too much?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 3rd November 2010 at 12:34.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:16   #1759
Senior - BHPian

I tried 30 psi in all tyres and there is an improvement in the overall handling and behaviour of the ride. The other way to avoid bouncy ride(according to my childhood memories on my Grandfathers' Willys 4X4) is to load a sand bag or heavy stuff on the jeep's rear.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:36   #1760
Team-BHP Support

Using a air pressure lower than mfr recommendations and driving at high speeds can lead to blowout.
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:18   #1761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Using a air pressure lower than mfr recommendations and driving at high speeds can lead to blowout.
Would a reduction by only a couple of psi's - say 30 psi in all 4 tyres - be advisable only for city driving? After all, we hardly get a chance to pass 40 kmph in cities (at least in Pune) and that's also where the potholes, speedbreakers and other miscellaneous surface undulations are most prevalent.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:25   #1762
Team-BHP Support

Below 80kmph there should be no issues. Problems crop up around 100kmph or more.
But if you need to lower air pressure below MFR recommendations for a comfortable ride, either you have unrealistic expectations w.r.t ride quality, or something is wrong with the suspension on your vehicle.
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:56   #1763
Distinguished - BHPian

Tyre pressure recommendations are a compromise between city & highway driving, load, fuel economy and grip/handling. I maintain a 2-3 psi reduction in pressure below mfr. recommendations, if driving fast in any car with 2-3 passengers & little luggage. Blowouts are highly unlikely, unless the tyre is damaged otherwise.

In the city, I'm happier with a 1-2 psi increase above the recommendations for better slow speed behaviour & FE.
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:13   #1764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Blow-out / explosions can happen more on over-inflated tyres. With under-inflated tyres, there is more sidewall flex and the walls of the tyres are not so much stressed as with over-inflated tyres. Also, in the event of hitting a pothole, the under-inflated tyre can more easily transmit the impact to the wheel /rim.

* IMO, recommended tyre pressures (as put forth by OEM's) would have been done so after testing.
* The recommened pressures are in a range, and going 2-3 psi more than recommended should not be a problem.
* This 2-3 psi increase would also not be too high above recommended levels, %-wise.
* The OEM recommeneded values are also well within the max pressure ratings of the tyre itself.

Considering the above points, going a little above or below is also not really a problem
Old 4th November 2010, 06:35   #1765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
With under-inflated tyres, there is more sidewall flex and the walls of the tyres are not so much stressed as with over-inflated tyres. Also, in the event of hitting a pothole, the under-inflated tyre can more easily transmit the impact to the wheel /rim.
And that is why the tire wall gets weak and heats up leading to blow out!!!

I think what tsk1979 said was correct. See heading on inflation at wikipedia Tire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by sudev : 4th November 2010 at 06:36.
Old 4th November 2010, 08:59   #1766
Senior - BHPian

For the past few months, i have been filling my scorpio's tyres with nitrogen at 30 psi. works wonders for the ride quality. but of course, this is only for the city & short 15 mins highway bursts (city highways!). On a long trip, we increase the pressure back to 32 psi.
Old 5th November 2010, 09:20   #1767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
For the past few months, i have been filling my scorpio's tyres with nitrogen at 30 psi. works wonders for the ride quality. but of course, this is only for the city & short 15 mins highway bursts (city highways!). On a long trip, we increase the pressure back to 32 psi.
I fill 30 PSI Nitrogen too, It shows 43, 44 PSI in Tyretronics. The ride is not bad. I am confused with Tyretronics. Now sure which one to trust.
Old 5th November 2010, 11:55   #1768
Senior - BHPian

check the sensors. my car's sensors show 30.1 or 30.2 psi when filled with 30 psi nitrogen.
Old 6th November 2010, 08:38   #1769
BHPian

The OEM Philips 60/55 for new refresh is not available either in service center nor in market, in market most of the bulb comes with 100/90 now, have ordered that at sevice center meanwhile gone ahead with Xtreme Power, feels better than original may stick with the and keep the original as spare.
-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 6th November 2010 at 08:39.
Old 6th November 2010, 13:04   #1770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
... gone ahead with Xtreme Power, feels better than original...
It certainly does. I find night driving to be a lot more comfortable on the eyes, after two back-to-back weekend overnight drives, one to Amritsar and another to Lucknow. The OE Philips bulbs went into my Swift, where the improvement was also marked in comparison to the OE Halonix which was there earlier. Now the Halonix bulbs do duty as spares!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks