Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 14:22   #1711
BANNED

NFS,
As I have said on may other threads as well, the sample size of any vehicle is too small on this forum to get realistic results. Look at the market outside.
The Scorpio has been consistently selling 2500-2800 units month on month since its launch. It is the best seller in its segment and has held the top spot for a long time now.
There is just no competition to it. Do not worry and book it, in the 4X4 version, if you can afford it.
Enjoy the ride.
Old 1st October 2010, 17:20   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi Pradeep, if the issue is similar to the one quoted below, then I too have it in my Scorp, and have got used to it, like gd 1418 ! The sound did vanish after new clutch plates were installed in my Scorp (the clutch had begun to slip), but a milder "clunk" sound slowly returned, within a couple of months
Do you get the sound while releasing the clutch ?
These sounds are a part and parcel and offered free with the vehicle .

I had a click sound coming for 6 months from my brakes and the A.S.S. & the M&M guys tried hard to first fing the cause and when they couldn't tried to convince me as a regular sound coming from the brake switch (what ever that is ???).

Then my cruise control stopped working, so when they looked at the release switches on the pedals the one at the brake was faulty, the moment that was replaced the click sound from the brakes was gone.
Old 6th October 2010, 16:32   #1713
Team-BHP Support

Quick one, is there any difference between the BS III & the BS IV versions besides lower emissions from the BS IV? Any real or percieved difference in performance as such?

manson.
Old 6th October 2010, 16:42   #1714
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Any real or percieved difference in performance as such?
One thing, the BS4 variants have been heard of having a slightly bigger appetite for fuel. Though I m not very sure.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:48   #1715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
One thing, the BS4 variants have been heard of having a slightly bigger appetite for fuel. Though I m not very sure.
Seems to be a bit strange, since pollution levels would come down as a result of better management of particulate matter and more efficient burning of fuel which should increase fuel efficiency. May be the gurus here can comment on this.

Last edited by m_upreti : 7th October 2010 at 13:50.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:01   #1716
Team-BHP Support

No, there is absolutely no difference in engine. Only difference is
1. The fuel which has lower sulfur, and hence less lubrication
2. The EGR and emission system, which now traps more. This can lead to lower power and higher fuel consumption.

For experiement you can disconnect EGR, and see how power increases!
Old 8th October 2010, 22:27   #1717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo View Post
Hi,

Anyone noticed the amount of water that get splashed on to the windscreen when the Scorpio goes through a puddle of water?

Its really scary when this happens especially on highways.

how can this be avoided?

I have the new scorpio with the large front fendor which is supposed to reduce this issue.
Its common in all Scorpios. The only way is drive slow, avoid too much breaking. :-) There is no easy solution to fix.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:37   #1718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@agbenny:

When I had some issues with my dealer in Chennai, I escalated to Mahindra through the customer care email on the mahinda Scorpio website. Within a few days, I had a call from the service manager who resolved the issue. Please escalate to Mahindra and they will take care of it.

Please don't bother with any after market options. There is no need for that. You only need to light the fire under the dealers backside.
After two days at the ASC, I got the vehicle fixed with all the issues, especially the central locking. After five attempts and a final Email to the M&M customer care with the support of you all, the entire lock replaced and its works fine. Thanks to everyone in team-bhp who provided their guidance.

The headlamp which has moisture inside was also replaced, the loose connection in the interior lights were fixed, Cruise control was started working on the break light issue had became normal.

I noticed the central lock automatically locks all the doors after 3-4 seconds when the vehicle starts moving and open once the engine stops. I never had this feature before lock replacement. Each time I manually close the locks, as I am afraid to keep the laptops in the back seat, I heard it got stolen at the signals when the back doors are not locked inside.

Now, should I right a thank letter to ASC/M&M?

I just noticed, one new issue They head lamps last the "take me home" future.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:38   #1719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Its common in all Scorpios.
...breaking.
@agbenny: You're responding to a 3-and-a-half-year-old query?!!

Please don't break anything while braking.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:54   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
@agbenny: You're responding to a 3-and-a-half-year-old query?!!

Please don't break anything while braking.
Oops, I am not sure how that happened.

Anyhow, I see mud scattering into the rear doors and all over the foot steps from the rear tyres making it mess while raining. I will try to post the pictures tomorrow.
Old 9th October 2010, 11:47   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After two days at the ASC, I got the vehicle fixed with all the issues, especially the central locking. After five attempts and a final Email to the M&M customer care with the support of you all, the entire lock replaced and its works fine. Thanks to everyone in team-bhp who provided their guidance.

The headlamp which has moisture inside was also replaced, the loose connection in the interior lights were fixed, Cruise control was started working on the break light issue had became normal.

I noticed the central lock automatically locks all the doors after 3-4 seconds when the vehicle starts moving and open once the engine stops. I never had this feature before lock replacement. Each time I manually close the locks, as I am afraid to keep the laptops in the back seat, I heard it got stolen at the signals when the back doors are not locked inside.

Now, should I right a thank letter to ASC/M&M?

I just noticed, one new issue They head lamps last the "take me home" future.
Great AGB nice to hear that the issues have been taken care, however I would suggest you to hold on to that Thank You letter, going by my experience the Scorpio has a bad habit developing similar symptoms few days out of the A.S.S.

The auto lock has a 30 seconds timeout, and it must have been set by the Nippon guys, it can be deactivated by them if required. However please be careful and remember to take out the keys while alighting, I have had 2 occassions when I got out in a hurry and the car got locked with the keys inside, thankfully I was close to my place so just had to take an auto and bing the spare set. Another suggestion, keep the laptops, bags on the floor rather than the seats

Last edited by m_upreti : 9th October 2010 at 11:56.
Old 9th October 2010, 13:29   #1722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Great AGB nice to hear that the issues have been taken care, however I would suggest you to hold on to that Thank You letter, going by my experience the Scorpio has a bad habit developing similar symptoms few days out of the A.S.S.

The auto lock has a 30 seconds timeout, and it must have been set by the Nippon guys, it can be deactivated by them if required. However please be careful and remember to take out the keys while alighting, I have had 2 occassions when I got out in a hurry and the car got locked with the keys inside, thankfully I was close to my place so just had to take an auto and bing the spare set. Another suggestion, keep the laptops, bags on the floor rather than the seats
Yes, I will wait and see if the issues pops out again, though I am happy that they fixed, I am less confident. :-)

I was under the impression that it gets locked only if the engine is on/moving, Am I wrong? I have the habit of leaving the key in the car temporarily , BUT, only if someone sits inside if I jump out for quick shopping.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:50   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I will wait and see if the issues pops out again, though I am happy that they fixed, I am less confident. :-)

I was under the impression that it gets locked only if the engine is on/moving, Am I wrong? I have the habit of leaving the key in the car temporarily , BUT, only if someone sits inside if I jump out for quick shopping.
Hi, It would auto lock irrespective of the key being there or not.
Old 9th October 2010, 18:26   #1724
Senior - BHPian

Friends, for the past 3 days, i feel that my mHawk's brakes are not as affective as before. i am feeling that you really need to push the brake pedal inside for the car to halt from a high speed.

my car's odo reading is 40k kms & just 5k kms before (35,000 service), the A.S.S. had changed the brake pads. so i dont think the brake pads have worn out.

i also suspected air in the brake line but i think when that happens, the pedal becomes hard. in my car, the pedal is not hard at all.

so what could be the reason? i just need a second opinion before i visit the A.S.S so that i am not unnecessarily looted by them!

also, my car's clutch pedal has become a bit hard. what could be the reason? what can be done? no clutch related work has been done on my car till now.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:15   #1725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi, It would auto lock irrespective of the key being there or not.
I tried this, after turning of the ignition, I closed the door, it didn't lock the door again.

BTW, I saw an id starting they provide key-less entry for Scorpio (who seems to be the suppliers of Nissan etc in India), anyone tried it?

Today I found one of the metal caps in the type mouth is missing, Tyretronics shows 27.5 as the pressure. Not sure how it went off.

Last edited by agbenny : 11th October 2010 at 10:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks