Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2010, 09:44   #961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Generally power window motors do not get easily spoilt by water spray because they are made like that.
The driver side controls for the power windows were originally on the door. The guy who had come with the test drive said Mahindra moved it to the left after a lot of complaints about water getting in when the door is opened in the rain. I didn't buy that. It was probably to save one button on the co passenger's side So why did they move it? It is so inconvenient to locate especially when the arm rest is down.
Old 6th February 2010, 09:58   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
The driver side controls for the power windows were originally on the door. The guy who had come with the test drive said Mahindra moved it to the left after a lot of complaints about water getting in when the door is opened in the rain. I didn't buy that. It was probably to save one button on the co passenger's side So why did they move it? It is so inconvenient to locate especially when the arm rest is down.
the power window switches in the scorpio has always been in the centre, behind the gear lever, right from the non-CRDe to the CRDe to the mHawk. it has never been on the door.

yes, the rear power window switches are on the doors on all models. so ask the dealer guy, if what he said is true, why doesnt the rear power window switches go kaput when the door is opened in the rain?!
Old 6th February 2010, 18:03   #963
BHPian

This is something i am starting to feel in my new scorpio. Whenever i shift the gear and release the clutch i feel a pause in the vehicle before revving. its like some blockage or so which feels like the engine gonna switch off. but it moves normally and i dont feel any thing weird on the run but i just feel it only when i switch gears.

Also, i need to apply the full clutch to shift the gear. in my previous scorpio, i can shift gears in 75%.

Do i have to check with the service center?

Last edited by klassics45 : 6th February 2010 at 18:11.
Old 6th February 2010, 20:47   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the power window switches in the scorpio has always been in the centre, behind the gear lever, right from the non-CRDe to the CRDe to the mHawk. it has never been on the door.
I think somewhere in between they tried to put it on the door. I've actually seen one with the controls on the door in an exhibition in Bangalore. The guy who came from India garage is an old hand there... and he seemed to instantly recall this. Anybody else remember this?

Talking about shifting gears, does the Scorpio require a longer pause between the shifting of each gear? Do I have to pause a little while longer than normal after letting go of the accelerator and before using the clutch? If I try to shift the gear like I normally did in my old car, it sounds like the accelerator is still being pressed though my leg is completely off the pedal.
Old 6th February 2010, 21:29   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
...i need to apply the full clutch to shift the gear. in my previous scorpio, i can shift gears in 75%.
New clutches need to be applied right to the floor, without any matting to keep it from being fully depressed - so that gear shifting is easier. As your clutch ages (wears), you'll find it's possible to press the clutch 75% and shift effortlessly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Whenever i shift the gear and release the clutch i feel a pause in the vehicle before revving. its like some blockage or so which feels like the engine gonna switch off. but it moves normally and i dont feel any thing weird on the run but i just feel it only when i switch gears.
Quote:
Talking about shifting gears, does the Scorpio require a longer pause between the shifting of each gear? Do I have to pause a little while longer than normal after letting go of the accelerator and before using the clutch? If I try to shift the gear like I normally did in my old car, it sounds like the accelerator is still being pressed though my leg is completely off the pedal.
I think you're experiencing the usual behaviour of an mHawk engine, where it does tend not to spin down or spin up as quickly as one would expect it to. More enlightenment here.
Old 6th February 2010, 22:43   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Generally power window motors do not get easily spoilt by water spray because they are made like that.
Press the switch and listen for a humming sound when you put your ears against the door. If it is humming, then the motor is ok and it has probably skipped the gear which pushes the window up. If you dont hear any sound at all then you need to get the switch and the wiring checked.
In all likelyhood, it is just an issue of a broken or a loose wire somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
Must just be a connection issue, while they had doors checked. You should be able to get it done in couple of minutes with the A.S.S.
Thanks devnath and chandru for your suggestions. There's no humming sound but only pin drop silence once the switch is activated.Lets see whats the diagnosis like?
Old 7th February 2010, 09:07   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think somewhere in between they tried to put it on the door. I've actually seen one with the controls on the door in an exhibition in Bangalore. The guy who came from India garage is an old hand there... and he seemed to instantly recall this. Anybody else remember this?
maybe it was just for that exhibition model & never seen production. anyways, i'll just re-confirm.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:44   #968
BHPian

Hi GD,

I have a 2003 NON-CRDE Chain Drive SZ2600 Plus Scorpio done almost 70 K now. No Problems with the Alternater or Cutouts at all till now.

Styler

Last edited by Dippy : 8th February 2010 at 17:53. Reason: Avoid quoting a long post when replying to a topic. Thanks.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:53   #969
Senior - BHPian

My MICO alternator has been opened up a couple of time and I have changed the regulator and bearings. Never failed me, but I had to do the work after the vibration caused by the alternator became unbearable. Still running my original alternator after 5 years and 226,000 kms.

I have also changed the oil pipe since it is of rubber and once removed the brittle rubber crackles up. Luckily, my ASC had the part in stock.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:35   #970
BHPian

Engine error codes

Does anyone knows the Engine error codes for Scorpio 2.6 CRDE? On a recent trip to Jaisalmer my Scorpio's engine check light went on after filling up the tank. I continued driving for around 20 kms and then switched the engine off and started after waiting for 2 minutes. The light never came back since.

After getting home i connected my ScanGauge to the OBD port and found the error code as P0403. Google results indicate "P0403 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Malfunction"

I dont have any idea what this is.
Can the experts point out what this might be? Also does someone has a master list of engine error codes for Scorpio CRDE?
Old 8th February 2010, 16:26   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
After the second service the rear right power window of my 2009 Scorpio has conked off and does not respond to the PW switch.I will take it to the A.S.S. soon.What could be the cause?Was it the water spray that could have played the spoilsport?
I've seen this issue in my Scorp after the first service. The driver side PW does not respond to whatever you do with the switches, occasionally. After bulldozing the A.S.S by placing a complaint with M&M, they fixed. What they told me was that there was a loose connection. I don’t see the problem after that, however, I noticed that the lift up switch needs little more than the normal pressure for the motor to start. I see this only with the driver side switch.
Quote:
Seen this too. This is very much evident, if you try to shift gears quickly after starting. The whole gear system in Scorp remind of those real trucks.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th February 2010 at 17:55.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:42   #972
Distinguished - BHPian

@smats:

If the gas tank is not tighted properly the check engine light can get triggered. For most cars this doesn't need to be rest and will go away after driving for some time. It is also possible that the EGR valve maybe close to needing replacement. But for now you can keep driving since the light is not there anymore.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:57   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@smats:

If the gas tank is not tighted properly the check engine light can get triggered. For most cars this doesn't need to be rest and will go away after driving for some time. It is also possible that the EGR valve maybe close to needing replacement. But for now you can keep driving since the light is not there anymore.
Thanks 4X4addict !. I will get the EGR valve checked anyway. Could it be a temp dirt around the sensor? which went away after a while?? Also the check light went away after i restated and not while driving.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:44   #974
Senior - BHPian

my scorpio's AC is emitting a strange whirring sound since yesterday (sounds as if some moving/rotating/vibrating part is in contact with the dashboard).
strangely, the sound increases with blower speed. taken an appointment with Global gallarie tomorrow, since they had fixed the AC issue last time!
Old 8th February 2010, 18:31   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
my scorpio's AC is emitting a strange whirring sound since yesterday (sounds as if some moving/rotating/vibrating part is in contact with the dashboard).
strangely, the sound increases with blower speed. taken an appointment with Global gallarie tomorrow, since they had fixed the AC issue last time!
See if you have a loose cable(may be that of the speakers) hanging near the in the AC duct.

Rudra Sen, thanks for editing my post and sorry about that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks