Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

yup

will have the whole thing checked up - all brakes + the LSPV
better safe than sorry
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Confirms my view Shankar also ask mechanic to check the LSPV valve for distribution between front and back otherwise you may need to spend one more day if real culprit is not the break catching.

Folks Skidding on dry tarmac at 70 -100 kmph should never be considered normal even for vehicles without ABS. I peiodically test my breaks ( specially after service) on empty road and I am able to stop in straight line from 120 kmph on surfaced empty road , I think brand of 2 tonn Iron block does not matter much.
Old 17th February 2010, 16:24   #1022
BHPian

I have been running in to this problem with my new mHawk from weeks. The real left wheel locks up even at slower speeds if I hard break. I have the SLE version, so it does have ABS, but I don’t know if ABS is available on all four wheels or only the front wheels. It happens on dry tarmac occasionally but happens mostly on loose gravel. The point is that only the said wheel gets locked up.

A.S.S could not find out the reason though they tried twice. Two weeks back I found that the tyre had a minor puncture (read tubeless) so the air pressure was less by a few PSIs compared to others. I fixed the puncture and for few days I didn’t encounter this and was happy. Now from last week, it appeared again. Type air pressure is fine and has no puncture.

One other thing is that I have never seen my ABS functioning (i.e no usual ABS beating sound etc) and a bit worried it isn’t working at all.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th February 2010 at 16:33. Reason: Pls don't copy paste from MS word.
Old 17th February 2010, 18:43   #1023
Senior - BHPian

@ casperrider: the ABS in the scorpio works for all the wheels. BUT the scorpio has a 3 channel ABS compared to the 4 channel ABS in some other cars. this means there are 2 individual sensors for each of the front wheels but only 1 common sensor for both the rear wheels. in other cars, 4 channel ABS has 4 sensors for each wheel.

has your issue got something to do with this?
Old 17th February 2010, 19:54   #1024
BHPian

@raj_5004: Thanks for the info, I didn't know that Scorp only has a 3 channel ABS. Even in that case, I wonder why only one wheel gets locked up, instead of both and it happens only on the real left wheel. Looks like I will need to take it to the A.S.S again and do a detailed investigation. I'll update on the findings. Thanks again.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:56   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

@casperRider:

It is definitely a flaw with the vehicle and a dangerous one. Put your foot down and have them change the brake assembly for the wheel with the issue. It is possible that there maybe block in the brake lines to the wheel that is not locking causing more pressure to the wheel that is locking. Either way if they cannot pin point the problem and the symtpom can be easily replicated make them change the brake assembly. Escalate to Mahindra customer care. Lock wheels are not something you should drive with.

I also feel it is very petty to offer only a three channel ABS on the Scorpio when Safari can offer 4-Channel ABS. I doubt the difference in cost is that much. Guess Mahindra wants to claim the *ABS* feature while giving something half cooked. Petty, I must say....
Old 18th February 2010, 11:15   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj,

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, i will be giving it to the A.S.S (i need to change the mounts too) who in turn will be giving it to MICO. i have left it on them to take the decision on whether the fuel pump needs to be opened or not. .
Sorry, I usually do not comment on somebody's decision. But you should have taken HVK's suggestion about service at MICO.

Quote:
i am more bothered about the car's vibration & lack of acceleration.
That should have been a more pressing reason for not entrusting pump work to the service centre. Mounts of course at TASS only.

After my recent sojourns in my Marina to Pamba and Bharananganam, I have reailsed that my visit to MICO is due (Both for coins which out banks refuse to part with)!

Last edited by trrk : 18th February 2010 at 11:20.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:17   #1027
BHPian

@4x4addict:Thank you for your guidanace. Yes I know it's long overdue, but just because of my schedules I couldn't spend a day at A.S.S yet. I will find a way quickly.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:28   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Raj,

Sorry, I usually do not comment on somebody's decision. But you should have taken HVK's suggestion about service at MICO.

That should have been a more pressing reason for not entrusting pump work to the service centre. Mounts of course at TASS only.

After my recent sojourns in my Marina to Pamba and Bharananganam, I have reailsed that my visit to MICO is due (Both for coins which out banks refuse to part with)!
hey trrk, the A.S.S will be giving the fuel pump to MICO itself.
Old 18th February 2010, 22:18   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
My ASC here at Bangalore told me last week that coil springs for rear is not possible for my leaf spring Scorpio.

The bobbing & wavering quality of ride, in my opinion, is due to lower damping ability of the shocks. This is evident at standstill itself, when you bounce the vehicle from the sides and release it. The vehicle continues to bob up & down for another 5 to 6 oscillations, before fully coming to rest. I have checked this on three other leaf spring scorpios at an ASC and confirmed this. A well damped suspension must settle down to rest within 2 oscillations. (When I do this on my Ikon, it settles down at first cycle itself! Of course, this is a low slung sedan with a very low CG, so wrong yardstick for comparison).

Apart from GD's idea, & the composite leaf spring (supposed to have better inherent damping characteristics), shock absorbers with better damping seem to be only solution left. But the aftermarket shocks start at 38k for the full set (Bilstein B6), unless someone can suggest shocks of another brand, which is better priced.
Cheers, Mohit
Hi all, I upgraded my Scorpio's shocks to Bilstein B6 today. Details at :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...uspension.html
Old 20th February 2010, 13:50   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
hey trrk, the A.S.S will be giving the fuel pump to MICO itself.
I know. But it would have been better if done directly as they allow you to watch the service!
Old 20th February 2010, 19:49   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I know. But it would have been better if done directly as they allow you to watch the service!
okay, i will find out if thats possible.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:13   #1032
BHPian

need some inputs from people owning refreshed scorp 2009 model +

1. I dont see any spare tyre pressure on TPMS display - is that how it is supposed to be?

2. after a recent puncture, I change the the tyre - the spare tyre when deployed continued to shown 29 psi/26 degrees temp after 50 km run - is that normal as well? Original tyre when corrected and replaced back gave all the right temp/pressure indications.

3. The TPMS sensor starts beeping once tyre pressure goes below 26 (I think) - so how do you drive a 4x4 in sand - it is normal to deflate tyres below this limit on soft sand. any way to turn off the beeping?

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:46   #1033
BHPian

1> In previous version all the 5 tyres pressure and temp were shown, with refresh only 4 tyre pressure and temp are show, but 5 are monitored, if the tyre pressure goes below the threshold it should beep for spare too.
2> When you change the tyre, you need to let know the system, else it will not monitor the right tyre, too make the system monitor the changed tyre, you need to look at the manual, there process is mentioned, you need to press the TPMS system button to let you are exchanging the tyre with the spare tyre and once done, you need to release at least 2 psi pressure to make the system recognize the new tyre correctly. once this process is done the correct pressure and temp is monitored! you need to do this same process again again when you change the tyre back.
3> I don't know if this is possible.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 22nd February 2010 at 16:48.
Old 1st March 2010, 07:39   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle shudder

In my 2004 Scorpio (88k on the odo), while releasing the clutch in first gear to start off from rest, I feel the whole vehicle shudder. I then raise the engine rpm a bit, release the clutch at a slower rate, and take off. This is more pronounced when the vehicle is on a slope, with full load. Once I start moving, the pick up is normal.

Do I need to check my clutch plates? Suggestions please!
Old 1st March 2010, 10:57   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
In my 2004 Scorpio (88k on the odo), while releasing the clutch in first gear to start off from rest, I feel the whole vehicle shudder. I then raise the engine rpm a bit, release the clutch at a slower rate, and take off. This is more pronounced when the vehicle is on a slope, with full load. Once I start moving, the pick up is normal.

Do I need to check my clutch plates? Suggestions please!
Clutch plates, pressure plates the works. Get it opened up and observe next to a brand new piece. Should logically change everything in the clutch assy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks