Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 09:18   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
If your scorpio comes with LSPV (Non ABS) then wheel locking may be due to improper LSPV setting.

Spike

P.S.- Rear brake lining usable thickness is 3.5-4.3 mm.
buddy, i said i have had NO issues of brake locking up. and since mine is a VLX, it has ABS.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:55   #1097
BHPian

Hi All,

I own a June 2009 SLE with ABS, I have been having the brake locking issue since I got the car. Daily my brakes locks up and tyre gives skidding noise.

Through my daily observation I have identified that under following conditions the brake locks
up
- Brake locks up only start of the day or if the car is parked for more than 3 hours.
- Braking to halt while at speed less than 20/km.

I am still trying to figure out what could be the reason. The A.S.S could not come up with any solution.

I go through this issue everyday unless i get a chance to speedup and use the brake.

Awaiting to hear everyone's expert opnion on this.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Real_man : 25th March 2010 at 15:00.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:20   #1098
BHPian

cost of the 2 engine mounts

hi,Is anyone aware of the same? i had a squeking noise in my 50k odd 2005 model,suspected belt, finally the bosch service centre guy said it is the engine mount and charged me 3300/- for the same.the pieces looked damaged.
Is it ok?

tnx
Old 25th March 2010, 18:28   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_man View Post
Hi All,

I own a June 2009 SLE with ABS, I have been having the brake locking issue since I got the car. Daily my brakes locks up and tyre gives skidding noise.

Through my daily observation I have identified that under following conditions the brake locks
up
- Brake locks up only start of the day or if the car is parked for more than 3 hours.
- Braking to halt while at speed less than 20/km.

I am still trying to figure out what could be the reason. The A.S.S could not come up with any solution.

I go through this issue everyday unless i get a chance to speedup and use the brake.

Awaiting to hear everyone's expert opnion on this.

Thanks in advance!
Exactly the problem that I faced. Please see my post #1074 for details and solution
Old 25th March 2010, 19:24   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Pradeep - go through my thread here and see the pictures of the damaged engine mounts. If your's look anything like these then replacement is ok.

But the cost? It sucks..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-replaced.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
hi,Is anyone aware of the same? i had a squeking noise in my 50k odd 2005 model,suspected belt, finally the bosch service centre guy said it is the engine mount and charged me 3300/- for the same.the pieces looked damaged.
Is it ok?

tnx
Old 25th March 2010, 19:39   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it ok?
Definitely not OK, squeaky noise due to engine mounts? Was there any change in vibration levels in your car?

Spike
Old 26th March 2010, 12:22   #1102

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Can you please mention whom did you contact? What is the status now?
You mean who I have been in contact with at the A.S.S.? or M&M?

Anyway, the car is the same.

TO ADD TO MY MISERIES

When the car was last taken for the brakes issue, I had requested that the tyres are also rotated & had a problem with the car moving ... if you guys remember.

Well, I made my FOURTH trip to the A.S.S. yesterday to get the alignment done. Finally looks OK

Will update when there is something report.

Rajat
Old 26th March 2010, 16:29   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Pradeep - go through my thread here and see the pictures of the damaged engine mounts. If your's look anything like these then replacement is ok.

But the cost? It sucks..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-replaced.html
Hi,
Thanx again.
Called up the garage -bosch service.
The owner accepted the fault and said he will come home and refund 2000/-+ amnt .Says the mistake was in billing dept as they thought it was a hydraulic bed replaced..........
rgds
Old 28th March 2010, 21:40   #1104
Senior - BHPian

You are lucky mate. BTW, what is a hydraulic bed? I have heard of only the Water Bed.

Quote:
Hi,
Thanx again.
Called up the garage -bosch service.
The owner accepted the fault and said he will come home and refund 2000/-+ amnt .Says the mistake was in billing dept as they thought it was a hydraulic bed replaced..........
rgds
Old 28th March 2010, 22:00   #1105
BHPian

Hey Guys, I have 2004 Scorpio SLX 2.6. The problem with my Scorpio is its engine oil. My Scorpio's engine oil gets blackened in about 4500 Km. So i always need to change the oil at every 5000 Kms. I always use 15W 40 oil as recommended by M&M. When I went to M&M ASC they told me that blackening of oil in diesel vehicles is normal. Is this normal ??? Please let me know what to do ?
Old 29th March 2010, 07:35   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
.... My Scorpio's engine oil gets blackened in about 4500 Km. ....... Please let me know what to do ?
Blackening of oil happens due to blow by.
How much blow by is taking place needs to be assessed.

Is the car also consuming oil?
Do have the compression checked. If that is within limits you need not worry.
Old 29th March 2010, 08:38   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this normal ??? Please let me know what to do ?
What does your periodic maintenance schedule specify? Is this within limits?
Old 30th March 2010, 18:25   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Diesel engine's oil gets blackened by about 500 Kms after change. 4500 kms is quite a lot. The scorpio manual mentions a oil change after 10K kms. 15w~40 is a standard rating of all good oils. I use Delo 400 and it also has the same rating. So does the Mobil Delvac MX.

It is the viscosity of the oil that is important. Check the oil level in the morning. If it is less then you should start worrying.

I change oil after every 7.5K Kms and till date the oil has not lessened.

Quote:
Hey Guys, I have 2004 Scorpio SLX 2.6. The problem with my Scorpio is its engine oil. My Scorpio's engine oil gets blackened in about 4500 Km. So i always need to change the oil at every 5000 Kms. I always use 15W 40 oil as recommended by M&M. When I went to M&M ASC they told me that blackening of oil in diesel vehicles is normal. Is this normal ??? Please let me know what to do ?
Old 31st March 2010, 13:34   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian

Life and quality of oil cannot be determined by the color. Blacked oil doesn't mean bad oil. As gd1418 pointed out, it needs to tested to determine the quality. My cousin has been doing oil changes on his 2.6 non - crde scoripio every 10K kilometers and so far it has clocked close to 180K kms mostly in Bangalore traffic.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:12   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rajat,

Check out for some new viberations / wobbling after these activities.

All 4 tyres in my VLX were damaged (certified by Bridgestone that the damage could lead to serious situations) on account of incorrect alignment and improper rotation. This lead to alarming levels of wobbling in the car over speeds of 80 KMPH.

M&M has now replaced the entire set with new tyres under warrenty and in the process damaged the TPMS which was also subsequently replaced.

So as of now the only parts which have not been replaced are the body, suspension and the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajat13777 View Post
You mean who I have been in contact with at the A.S.S.? or M&M?

Anyway, the car is the same.

TO ADD TO MY MISERIES

When the car was last taken for the brakes issue, I had requested that the tyres are also rotated & had a problem with the car moving ... if you guys remember.

Well, I made my FOURTH trip to the A.S.S. yesterday to get the alignment done. Finally looks OK

Will update when there is something report.

Rajat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks