Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 12:04   #1126
BHPian

Just quickly skimmed through the Scorpio Repair manual on HVAC systems.

It looks like there is only a particle filter - but no mention of combination filter or charcoal filter. Without charcoal filters, isnt odour reduction impossible?
Old 7th April 2010, 13:16   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Outside smells gaining access to the cabin, at least in some small measure, is common to all cars I have ever been in.
It's a question of degrees. It is less in some, more in others.

And yes, the Scorpio has only one air filter for the AC system. No activated charcoal.

Last edited by anupmathur : 7th April 2010 at 13:17.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:04   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

yes the mech is most probably right.
I used to have this problem years ago in my Esteem and in both my Gypsies.
Found it happening once in my Bolero and when checking, it was the same reason as you've quoted.
Hasnt happened yet in my Scorpio though.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
I bought a Scorpio Sle two weeks back and noticed that the front(driver and co driver) mats are getting wet. When it was checked by the service guy he told that ac drain pipe was bent(pinched) and because of this some water was leaking inside. I think this has solved the issue. I am not 100% sure as I left to Germany in the week end. I will find out if this is the issue in 2-3 days.
Has any one faced this issue?.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:11   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried retrofitting a center headrest/support for the 2nd row of the scorp' ? Am in the processing of doing this,however I have hit a dead end. Apparently haven't been able to source a spare headrest from the dealers.

I know this would hinder my view from the center RVM,I can live with that.However I am purely doing this for the passengers safety who sits in the center in case of hard braking. Above all need to accomplish this before I get my seat covers this weekend.

Any of you folks know some dealer or store who is willing to part with a single head rest for the Scorp ?
Old 13th April 2010, 18:20   #1130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Any of you folks know some dealer or store who is willing to part with a single head rest for the Scorp ?
I think your best bet will be a used parts place. Mooza on this forum sourced a front facing third row seat for his Scorpio in Bangalore. You should be able to source a head rest from the same place.
Old 14th April 2010, 22:24   #1131
Senior - BHPian

After coming back from Leh last year, I found that the front left mat was getting wet when the AC was operated, resulting in a musty smell.

A quick check revealed that the AC drain pipe was choked with grime, hence the drain water spilled back. The pipe was removed and cleaned and everything is back to normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
I bought a Scorpio Sle two weeks back and noticed that the front(driver and co driver) mats are getting wet. When it was checked by the service guy he told that ac drain pipe was bent(pinched) and because of this some water was leaking inside. I think this has solved the issue. I am not 100% sure as I left to Germany in the week end. I will find out if this is the issue in 2-3 days.
Has any one faced this issue?.
Old 15th April 2010, 08:41   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Has anyone tried retrofitting a center headrest/support for the 2nd row of the scorp' ? Am in the processing of doing this,however I have hit a dead end. Apparently haven't been able to source a spare headrest from the dealers
I got some seat modifications done on my Scorpio through a chap in Frazer town, who deals in seats for almost all SUVs / MUVs. I will PM you his contact details.

I wonder how you are planning to fix the mounting attachments for the additional head rest on the seat top ? Would be interesting to know. Maybe this Frazer town dealer could help on this as well, if needed
Old 15th April 2010, 10:09   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I got some seat modifications done on my Scorpio through a chap in Frazer town, who deals in seats for almost all SUVs / MUVs. I will PM you his contact details.

I wonder how you are planning to fix the mounting attachments for the additional head rest on the seat top ? Would be interesting to know. Maybe this Frazer town dealer could help on this as well, if needed
Hey mooza that was really a nice gesture on your part to PM me. Thanks pal. However I spoke to him and he doesn't have the headrest alone. He says he can only try to source one.

Fixing that is an easy task. Only thing is that it wouldn't slide up and down. I have managed to get the mounting rings and stuff.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:22   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Friends,

I had a damaged front crash gaurd, which I got it repaired last weekend back in India! Then I went to the A.S.S and explained them what happened, we went on a test drive and the diagnosis was that my car had a bad brake booster! A.S.S.replaced the brake booster(the one that is attached to brake master cylinder) and said the car is fine. My questions to this group is- Did anyone else have experienced this??
Yes Surya, I too had faced the similiar situation once previously. I was travelling at a speed of 60 kmph and there was travelling behind a Wagon R and we were maintaining comfortable distance. The route which I was travelling was full of turns and after a turning I saw that the wagon R in front of my Scorp is moving . I did hard breaking but of no use, however I was managed to sway away to left side and hit on wagon r's back bumber. When asked why he suddenly stopped car, he said there was a snake on the road. . My scorp did not have much of a damage, only a scratch to my crash guard, but wagon r's bumber would needed a replacement.

Now when you mentioned about brake booster issue, I would also need to check this with A.S.S.

Last edited by Anoop RD : 15th April 2010 at 11:24.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:21   #1135
Distinguished - BHPian

I faced a peculiar problem after I parked my Scorpio about two days back.The rear brake lights were on even after parking it and stopping the engine.I pushed the brake pedal to and fro a few times and finally the brake light went off.The brake light indicator on the speedo console was off the whole while.
Old 15th April 2010, 20:49   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Anjan, it's obviously a defective brake-light switch.
And the light on the console is only for the hand-brake - nothing to do with the hydraulic circuit.
Old 15th April 2010, 21:04   #1137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Anjan, it's obviously a defective brake-light switch.
And the light on the console is only for the hand-brake - nothing to do with the hydraulic circuit.
Thanks Anup.Yes truly the handbrake console LED light connection is the only one.
Old 17th April 2010, 12:33   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I faced a peculiar problem after I parked my Scorpio about two days back.The rear brake lights were on even after parking it and stopping the engine.I pushed the brake pedal to and fro a few times and finally the brake light went off.The brake light indicator on the speedo console was off the whole while.

this is a problem very common with scorpios.
Old 17th April 2010, 22:25   #1139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
this is a problem very common with scorpios.
What if the Scorpio is parked by someone for many hours who is not so particular about checking the brake lights? The battery drains!
I had to close the gate of the house after parking the Scorpio in the garage and so I observed the phenomenon.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:57   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Water coming from top

Whenever I apply brakes in my Scorpio while driving during (or just after) a rain spell, water comes down from the roof onto the windscreen, in sudden cascades. Must be happening in all Scorpios (because of the roof design, I think) ? This does not happen in any of my other cars, as the roofs slope away in other directions, particularly sideways.

Any suggestions to divert this water away, before it trickles down the windscreen ? It would be good to get rid of this minor irritant, which makes me keep fiddling with the windshield wiper knob more often than I need

Last edited by mooza : 19th April 2010 at 12:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks