Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 12:37   #796
BANNED

Seems to be a clear case of electrical loose contact at the key switch. This should be the first point of troubleshooting.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:54   #797
Senior - BHPian

Hi Capt.,

Check for the bolts fixing the base plate of the seats, they tend to loosen and the entire U shaped plate starts rattling. Tighten up the bolts it should take care of the rattling seats.

I am still looking for a clue as to where the rattling / viberation from my door is coming, I tightened all the bolts even opened the panel to look for a loose object but no avail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
Sure, i would keep you guys updated if the replacement works and even if does not work

Well, with regard to VLX , I find a lot of rattling noise coming down from my doors and the captain seats in the rear. *** fixes them every time i get it serviced but it returns back soon.

I believe its the same case with every other VLX model, has anybody got this issue fixed permanently ?
Old 10th December 2009, 16:54   #798
BHPian

shock absorber

Folks,
Mine is 49k on the odo, redid the entire front suspension.Noticed that the front left S.A has leaked. I just changed my OE jk vectra to Apollo Hawk A/t. Will this issue spoil handling/tyres and braking.Is swapping it a simple chore or the tyre needs to be removed to change the S.A is a replacement is bought.Should both be changed ? Pls advice.
Old 11th December 2009, 00:23   #799
BHPian

vlx rattling

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi Capt.,

Check for the bolts fixing the base plate of the seats, they tend to loosen and the entire U shaped plate starts rattling. Tighten up the bolts it should take care of the rattling seats.

I am still looking for a clue as to where the rattling / viberation from my door is coming, I tightened all the bolts even opened the panel to look for a loose object but no avail.
Well, i do tight them often, but they return back in a months times. That is the problem i am facing. I am guessing its the rear doors that rattle the most. I am not sure if it is because of the loud sounds of the SUB at the rear end. Should check on it. Will keep it posted.
Old 11th December 2009, 07:30   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
Mine is 49k on the odo, redid the entire front suspension.Noticed that the front left S.A has leaked. I just changed my OE jk vectra to Apollo Hawk A/t. Will this issue spoil handling/tyres and braking.Is swapping it a simple chore or the tyre needs to be removed to change the S.A is a replacement is bought.Should both be changed ? Pls advice.
Hi Pradeep, what was the basic reason for your re-doing the suspension. Were you having ride problems ?
Old 11th December 2009, 13:03   #801
passionate1977

Hi Real Man,

I have a black mhawk lx September 2009 & have done around 6000 Kms.
I would request for your advice/sharing your experience regarding a peculiar engine sound I observed.
Let me describe briefly: Open the bonnet, start & accelerate till 3-4K rmp and release accelerator.when regaining the idle rpm, a peculiar sound - khat-khat is observed as if something loose is obstructing - it is clearly audible at around 1500 rpm.
I raised the issue during the first service at 5400 Km and was informed that the same is perfectly normal & present in all Mhawks.
The noise is not audible inside the car.

Regards,
passionate1977

Last edited by Dippy : 14th December 2009 at 09:11. Reason: Please do not quote a long message when replying to a post. Makes it very difficult for other members to read.

Old 13th December 2009, 20:59   #802

Engine humming noise

Folks,
I have a nagging problem with my scorpio 2005 model (CRDE ODO reading 1.5 lakh) which is on and off for a while now. I am hearing a humming noise from the Engine bay which is heard after the engine is being running for a while. Showed it to the mechanics but got a mixed response, but the noise is still persisting. Apart from this the engine is smooth...good and comfortable to drive with. Help me out with this
Old 13th December 2009, 21:32   #803
Senior - BHPian

Woah! They found a solution for the third gear vibrations?

I like them though. I know most would find it weird, it just makes me feel like I am sitting in a tough vehicle.

The squeaky suspension is a spoiler at my end too. Seems to be standard with most Scorps that i know of.

I did a fair bit of off-roading last month. Good stuff.
Old 13th December 2009, 21:59   #804
BHPian

Regulars on the thread,

I picked up 4wd scorp a week back and today a nice guy overtook us and told us that there is a tilt in the (new) vehicle which we should get corrected.

Then we noticed the same - there is a minor tilt to the left - but it exists. \

Checked the tyre pressures which were a bit haywire - but uniformly across all sides.

I am taking it to the dealer/service center tomorrow - wanted to check if anyone has any clue on how they fix this and what causes it.

PS: where is the Microphone located for the Nippon out of box Bluetooth Handsfree system with 2009 model? On the roof? Havent yet figured out where to shout at when driving.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:21   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
I picked up 4wd scorp a week back and today a nice guy overtook us and told us that there is a tilt in the (new) vehicle which we should get corrected.
Maybe the torsion bar. It has some adjustment capability. Do have that checked.
Else it could be sagging shocks/coil springs.
Old 14th December 2009, 00:20   #806
Senior - BHPian

Sagging shocks in a week!

The torsion rod might be a problem. Get it checked at the A.S.S asap.

PS:Congrats on the buy!
Old 14th December 2009, 10:00   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

The front suspension of the Scorpio 4WD and Safari 4WD has a Torsion Bar set up. These are adjustable. You can confirm by doing the following. Park your vehicle on level ground. Measure the distance from ground to the middle of the fenders on both sides of the vehicle. This way you can confirm the issue.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:33   #808
BHPian

4x4addict/anup

Thanks for the tip. Will do the measurements.

Any idea on how much height adjustment (mms, cms, inches?) is possible with Torsion Bar adjustments? Tried to look up on Internet but got confused.

TIA
Old 14th December 2009, 10:48   #809
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by atanand View Post
Folks,
I have a nagging problem with my scorpio 2005 model (CRDE ODO reading 1.5 lakh) which is on and off for a while now. I am hearing a humming noise from the Engine bay which is heard after the engine is being running for a while. Showed it to the mechanics but got a mixed response, but the noise is still persisting. Apart from this the engine is smooth...good and comfortable to drive with. Help me out with this
Humming usually indicates a bearing issue.
Now there are lots of bearings which run when engine is running.
You have AC compressor bearings, idler bearing, engine bearings etc.,
Can also be the Alternator bearing, or power steering pump bearing.
There is no easy way to diagnose this, you have to proceed step by step.
For example, lets say the culprit was power steering.
Now with car stationary and engine on, and humming, turn steering left to right fast. This puts load on power steering, and the humming noise will change in pitch/volume.

Ditto for AC, if on turning on AC, the sound changes, its the AC compressor bearing.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:58   #810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
- there is a minor tilt to the left -
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
...Torsion Bar set up. These are adjustable.
True - the torsion bars can be adjusted to increase/decrease ride height to a limited extent. The adjusters are located on the rear end of the torsion bars (marked in red).
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-suspension-2k120.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks