Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 13:16   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Time to scout for a FNG & authorised genuine spares dealer..
And who better than you to guide me on this!?
However, with my sparse usage I hope I shall not be looking to much maintenence issues.
AND, I have left the long pending matter of morning sickness at high altitudes as a warranty-related job to be done whenever required! I hope they will honour that commitment!
Old 21st August 2010, 13:33   #1547
Senior - BHPian

With monsoons in full swing,the hawk,has to go through all kinds of muck\dirt\water.

Now look at the rear door,it gets dirty from inside with all kinds of Muck\Dirt,and this covers the complete painted part of the door,in this pic,its not completely dirty.
Does it happen with all Scorpio's?or is it due to the slight negative offset of the alloy wheel(it runs on Stock size Michelin's)

The marked area also gets all the dirt.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-dsc02286.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 14:09   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Akshay, it happens in all Scorpios.
Note that the door gaskets are well inside of the dirty portion; meaning that till that point there is no weather seal!

Wish I had remembered to take pics of the same areas on my Scorpio the day we travelled Kargil-Leh in rain and slush! There was a mind boggling amount of muck adhering to that portion on all four doors!
On a conservative estimate I'd put it at about a kilogram per door!
And the entire tailgate and the rear bumper had tonnes of the stuff too; it became impossible to unload our baggage without hosing down the car first!
Old 21st August 2010, 18:54   #1549
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I agree with anup. I have the stock alloys on my VLX and these parts inside the door get really dirty.
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:03   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
With monsoons in full swing,the hawk,has to go through all kinds of muck\dirt\water.

Now look at the rear door,it gets dirty from inside with all kinds of Muck\Dirt,and this covers the complete painted part of the door,in this pic,its not completely dirty.
Does it happen with all Scorpio's?or is it due to the slight negative offset of the alloy wheel(it runs on Stock size Michelin's)

Its a standard feature in a Scorpio. I take the grime on almost alternate days.
Old 23rd August 2010, 14:24   #1551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does it happen with all Scorpio's?or is it due to the slight negative offset of the alloy wheel
Inherent flaw in basic design. Happens on Sumo's too. Not sure about Safari's, though.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:33   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Time for a A$$ visit now, the scorp's right side center door's power windows completely stopped working.I know its conked !! Once again the magical self healing system worked quite a few times earlier before it decided to kick the bucket.

The brake/wheel locking problem surfaced over the weekend and when at the A$$ it decided not to show up. Kudo's to the Scorp' and its self healing techniques.
It's the Motor, nothing else. Just ask them to repalce the Motor and dont settle for anything less.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:42   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, It happens to all the Scorpio mHawk 2009+ models. Its very poor design, or issue left deliberately unattended. I made a post with picture during the last monsoon, till date I am searching for a mud-flap that could cover mud spray across the foot steps, and doors.

I hope Mahindra should attend this issue and help all the Scorpio owners.

Anyone done anything (custom mud-flap) to protect this?
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:49   #1554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Benny, the electricals are covered - I had the front-screen wash motor replaced on mine a few weeks back, under extended!

It does seem to me that the quality of everything is following a downward trend! My four years old Scorpio has not given me any troubles of the kind I am reading about here; though I must quickly add that the odo is at 26K only.
I am now out of warranty! I mean my car is out of warranty coverage now!
Time to keep my fingers perpetually crossed!
You are lucky. I have 101 issues, I already posted some, and didn't post many. Scorpio is a Poor quality vehicle, it only has a great Engine, and macho outward looks. I am witting this after owing it exactly for an year. (I bought it last 23 Aug)Believe me or not, I never faced this much electrical, plastic, rattling issues like Scorpio in my previous cars.

But I like the car above all, I like the car as Its close to my heart. Will I buy it after again?.. Certainly not. Not an M&M one.

BTW, I started getting a Jerk in the viper all time, very annoying, not sure when should I drive back to A$$.

I really like a quality improvements several times, that would certainly lead to this to a great world SUV.
Will M&M's Ssangyong tie up help to achieve so?

Last edited by agbenny : 23rd August 2010 at 17:54.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:57   #1555
Senior - BHPian

@ benny: i seriously think if you are facing so much issues, you have been handed over a lemon. when we are buying a car from mahindra or tata, its like playing a gamble, we either get a totally trouble free vehicle or we get a car with 101 issues as in your case. its just pure luck, so it helps to do a bit of rigorous PDI ourselves before registering.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:13   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yes, you can register your car yourself. I did it myself and saved a hell of a lot of cash.
You can do the registration yourself only if you are paying up the entire amount for the car. If you are taking a loan, this will not be possible. The dealer will not do a temp registration if you have taken a loan.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:55   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL this is nothing akshay. Take her thru a real slushy road and then check every single side door, the front bumper on the sides and the front. You will be in for a real rude shock !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ benny: i seriously think if you are facing so much issues, you have been handed over a lemon. when we are buying a car from mahindra or tata, its like playing a gamble, we either get a totally trouble free vehicle or we get a car with 101 issues as in your case. its just pure luck, so it helps to do a bit of rigorous PDI ourselves before registering.
Raj take it easy, a few niggles here and there with the electrical's and plastics doesn't necessarily make an automobile the so called LEMON !!

During a PDI , are you gonna knock all plastics one by one and check for rattles ? Problems as such needs to be addressed one by one and I think benny should be able to get around it without much of a fuss.

And for Christs sake don't call his 10+ lakhs SUV a lemon .

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 13:58. Reason: Typo corrected on request.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:07   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL this is nothing akshay. Take her thru a real slushy road and then check every single side door, the front bumper on the sides and the front. You will be in for a real rude shock !!

Raj take it easy, a few niggles here and there with the electrical's and plastics doesn't necessarily make an automobile the so called LEMON !!

During a PDI , are you gonna knock all plastics one by one and check for rattles ? Problems as such needs to be addressed one by one and I think benny should be able to get around it without much of a fuss.

And for Christs sake don't call him 10+ lakhs SUV a lemon .
Riju,this was just a Pictorial representation,i have seen worse.
I can withstand the muck,but its the Cow dung that creates mess
imagine opening the door,and you are greeted with a smelly experience.

Anyways,the first service is coming up,do i need to check on anything in particular?
No niggles for now(touchwood).
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:12   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And for Christs sake don't call him 10+ lakhs SUV a lemon .
No, Thats fine. :-)

I like the drive, the comfort, the road presence etc., But we must admit quality of the plastics, electronics are still cheap, even after 2-3 generations. I accept we can not compare with car manufacturers who are in industry for 50+ years, But what is really bothering me (as in my previous posts in this same thread), But did those cars had facilities like what we have in this era?, the quality of service. Like product improvement, will service improvement take 50+ years? Is that very difficult to find the quality plastic supplies, better assembly, good quality policies etc?
I am tired of going to service, for the last 1 years, my car was with them for 20 days at least for such fixes. I still have few of them with me for to go to them them for the 7 time, for the same issues.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:50   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
You are lucky. I have 101 issues, I already posted some, and didn't post many. Scorpio is a Poor quality vehicle, it only has a great Engine, and macho outward looks. I am witting this after owing it exactly for an year. (I bought it last 23 Aug)Believe me or not, I never faced this much electrical, plastic, rattling issues like Scorpio in my previous cars.

But I like the car above all, I like the car as Its close to my heart. Will I buy it after again?.. Certainly not. Not an M&M one.

BTW, I started getting a Jerk in the viper all time, very annoying, not sure when should I drive back to A$$.

I really like a quality improvements several times, that would certainly lead to this to a great world SUV.
Will M&M's Ssangyong tie up help to achieve so?
I second those thoughts , and as a fellow sufferer I fully underdstand what you must be going through. For me and my friends and family who I can convince it is never a Mahindra again (not even a tie up vehicle)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks