Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 17:56   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Time for a A$$ visit now, the scorp's right side center door's power windows completely stopped working.I know its conked !! Once again the magical self healing system worked quite a few times earlier before it decided to kick the bucket.

The brake/wheel locking problem surfaced over the weekend and when at the A$$ it decided not to show up. Kudo's to the Scorp' and its self healing techniques.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:08   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Time for a A$$ visit now, the scorp's right side center door's power windows completely stopped working.I know its conked !! Once again the magical self healing system worked quite a few times earlier before it decided to kick the bucket.

The brake/wheel locking problem surfaced over the weekend and when at the A$$ it decided not to show up. Kudo's to the Scorp' and its self healing techniques.

You will need to be vocal and firm if you want to be heard, otherwise they will just put some grease, show the part working and the moment you step out of the A.S.S. it will conk off again.

This is coming from personal experience of Scorpio ownership of almost 2 years .
Old 18th August 2010, 18:06   #1533
Senior - BHPian

@rjstyle : Do you have any small kid ?
If power window is operated too many times in a minute the motor gets heated up and then it's power is reduced and dies slow death. My 3 yr old son used to play with power window switch of safari sliding it up - down and it conked off. TML replaced the controller + motor no questions asked but before replacing the mechanic showed me much it gets heated up and frequency of operation should be kept to minimum for long life.

So now I put the lock on rear windows and it is holding on.

@casperrider : sorry to hear your ordeal . I would say for minor squeaks and sounds a DIY such as a spray of WD40 works fine.
Mechanics try to do jugad solutions and they can create more problems in longer run. Probably that cloth was preventing full clutch depress and that's why the assembly conked off.

Last edited by amitk26 : 18th August 2010 at 18:08.
Old 18th August 2010, 19:39   #1534
Distinguished - BHPian

Rto - Diy!!!!

Cant believe nobody answered this.

Yes, you can register your car yourself. I did it myself and saved a hell of a lot of cash. Just inform the dealer that your Uncle is the RTO officer and he said he will do everything. These guys will keep quiet.

Let them do the temp registration which is about 1k and will last you for a month. In that time frame figure out how to do the RTO work. Get the insurance on the Temp Number and then later inform them about the new registration and they will update their records. Dont drive without insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Moderators - I couldnt find a thread where I can ask this question but since I am planning to buy a scorpio next week, I thought this is the best place to post.

hello everyone,

The dealer is asking me to pay 1,34,000 Rs as registration tax and this equates to 15.4% of the ex showroom price (8,70,000 Rs) of the model I selected.

According to a karnataka govt circular I saw on the RTO website, dated March 31st 2010, the tax is 14% for vehicles that cost between 5 and 10 lac rupees. That comes up to about 1,22,000 Rs.

Why is the dealer asking for 12k more? And then there is a handling charge of 6000 Rs which is taken as commission for registering the car. Can someone who bought the car tell me if you saw a receipt for the exact amount you paid the dealer?

The dealer is charging 20% as road tax for the top end model while the circular on the RTO website says the max taxation amount is 17% (for vehicles that cost over 10 lac rupees).

Somehow, something doesnt seem alright. I want to register my vehicle myself. Can I? Any personal experiences of trying to do this in Bangalore (By the way, K.R. puram RTO is my area RTO)
Old 19th August 2010, 09:39   #1535
BHPian

Hi Redliner,

Thank you for your response. I was unable to decide whether or not to go ahead with this myself. Since it is possible, I will do this myself. Also thanks for your advice on the insurance.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:58   #1536
Distinguished - BHPian

@ak916:

I did the registration for my Scorpio myself. Dealership took the temp registration and I did my own registration.
Old 19th August 2010, 19:21   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
You will need to be vocal and firm if you want to be heard, otherwise they will just put some grease, show the part working and the moment you step out of the A.S.S. it will conk off again.

This is coming from personal experience of Scorpio ownership of almost 2 years .
That piece of junk started working this morning all by itself. I was planning to pay a visit to the service center tomorrow and voila I have the power windows working now. I wish it ceases to work tomorrow and if it does am heading to the service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
@rjstyle : Do you have any small kid ?
errr not any that I know of . Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:53   #1538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
That piece of junk started working this morning all by itself. I was planning to pay a visit to the service center tomorrow and voila I have the power windows working now. I wish it ceases to work tomorrow and if it does am heading to the service center.
Thats what we call the self heal vehicle.

I am going in for an extended warrenty now, I have a feeling that many things will stop working once the warrenty is out next month (Murphey's Law).
Old 20th August 2010, 11:59   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Went 6 times for the same issue.. still not fixed

I have a nagging quality issues. For the last 1 year, from the day 1 I went to A.S.S 6 times for the same issue (three along with the free service), Still they didn't fix it permanently.

My back door is not connected with the central lock. Which means the last door doesn't care about the central locking - if it is opened. In other words, if i keep the last door opened, and press the lock button, it locks all the doors and doesn't bother about the opened one. I get the "Glick" sound. Neither the Voice assist system cares about it - it doesn't say that one of the doors was opened.

This is irritating me.

Whenever, I go to the A.S.S. they fix it, but it becomes temporary. After a day or 2 it comes back to the previous condition.

Anybody knows what to do? At worst case I would like to change the lock at a after market store. These M&M people never want to change the system, even after my request. What should I do not sirs?
Old 20th August 2010, 13:16   #1540
Senior - BHPian

benny, sorry to hear that. regarding the VAS, it is anyways not connected to the rear door.

have you tried mailing to the customer care? it did wonders in my case when i had this persistent issue of driver's door squeaking.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:38   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I have a nagging quality issues. For the last 1 year, from the day 1 I went to A.S.S 6 times for the same issue (three along with the free service), Still they didn't fix it permanently.

My back door is not connected with the central lock. Which means the last door doesn't care about the central locking - if it is opened. In other words, if i keep the last door opened, and press the lock button, it locks all the doors and doesn't bother about the opened one. I get the "Glick" sound. Neither the Voice assist system cares about it - it doesn't say that one of the doors was opened.

This is irritating me.

Whenever, I go to the A.S.S. they fix it, but it becomes temporary. After a day or 2 it comes back to the previous condition.

Anybody knows what to do? At worst case I would like to change the lock at a after market store. These M&M people never want to change the system, even after my request. What should I do not sirs?
Hi, do you have the Nippon factory fitted system ? If yes it can be taken care by the Nippon person, just check with the A.S.S. if they can provide you their local number someone can come over and do the setting.

The VAS indeed does not care if the back door door is open, probably M&M are still living in the days of the tailgate where it dosent matter much unless it swings and hits someone .

I also have a peculier issue with my auto lock functionality, I have got it set to an auto lock of 30 sec after the keys are taken out and doors are locked, however for the last few days I get the sound and the flashing lights but the doors remain open, I realised this when some kids accidently opened the supposidly door while playing, the only saving grace was that even though the door was not auto locked and opened the security system was armed to give the alert. So this is one thing I need to get corrected when I visit the A.S.S. next.

And yes if I manually press the lock button of the remote the doors do get locked.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:45   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats what we call the self heal vehicle.

I am going in for an extended warrenty now, I have a feeling that many things will stop working once the warrenty is out next month (Murphey's Law).
I am entering into Extended warranty this month, and I am not sure if that covers electrical parts.

Quote:

This is irritating me.

Quote:
Hi, do you have the Nippon factory fitted system ? If yes it can be taken care by the Nippon person, just check with the A.S.S. if they can provide you their local number someone can come over and do the setting.

The VAS indeed does not care if the back door door is open, probably M&M are still living in the days of the tailgate where it dosent matter much unless it swings and hits someone .

I also have a peculier issue with my auto lock functionality, I have got it set to an auto lock of 30 sec after the keys are taken out and doors are locked, however for the last few days I get the sound and the flashing lights but the doors remain open, I realised this when some kids accidently opened the supposidly door while playing, the only saving grace was that even though the door was not auto locked and opened the security system was armed to give the alert. So this is one thing I need to get corrected when I visit the A.S.S. next.

And yes if I manually press the lock button of the remote the doors do get locked.
Yes it is a factory fitted one. I am going for one last try before I write to M&M customer care. I found one Support manager's contact through Linked in, I will write him too, if things didn't work again.

They fixed one other peculiar issue too.

When even it showers with lightening, the siren starts with panic lights which was terrific and people lives around be looked at me like they see an insect. when I was away from the country it was worse once. It happened thrice, and it was fixed by M&M A.S.S after two attempts (two services :-()

Another issue still exist, but It really didn't bother me. Even if i press opening through the keyless, it doesn't really open but just gives the sound twice "Glick, Glick" I have two try again. I am not sure if A.S.S can even identify the issue, as it happens only one in ten times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
benny, sorry to hear that. regarding the VAS, it is anyways not connected to the rear door.

have you tried mailing to the customer care? it did wonders in my case when i had this persistent issue of driver's door squeaking.
i want to try once again on Monday, I already been informed by the A.S.S that this time they will fix it for sure. :-) Just one more chance to them.

Unfortunately, I made few of them friends and it prevents me from going hard on the, LOL!

M&M has to improve 100 times on Quality. Except a great engine everything is just plastics and wires pasted around.

Last edited by agbenny : 20th August 2010 at 17:46.
Old 21st August 2010, 08:41   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
M&M has to improve 100 times on Quality. Except a great engine everything is just plastics and wires pasted around.
very true. somewhere else i made a comment that scorpio sells majorly due to its engine & everybody blasted me!
Old 21st August 2010, 11:46   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Benny, the electricals are covered - I had the front-screen wash motor replaced on mine a few weeks back, under extended!

It does seem to me that the quality of everything is following a downward trend! My four years old Scorpio has not given me any troubles of the kind I am reading about here; though I must quickly add that the odo is at 26K only.
I am now out of warranty! I mean my car is out of warranty coverage now!
Time to keep my fingers perpetually crossed!
Old 21st August 2010, 12:23   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Time to scout for a FNG & authorised genuine spares dealer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I am now out of warranty! I mean my car is out of warranty coverage now!
Time to keep my fingers perpetually crossed!
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks