Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 22:57   #1756
Senior - BHPian

I'll try Waxpol too!(on my dad's car)

btw techWax 2.0 liquid one cost me 1400 INR via 20north.com!

I personally feel that there's nothing like a 'best wax', it all depends on what suits your car's paint the best!

I use techwax cuz its easier to apply/remove and generally suits all paint finishes!
Old 1st March 2010, 23:27   #1757
Senior - BHPian

What's the update on your polisher? I suppose we might see these brands on Indian shelves soon as Turtle entered with Xenos, Meguiars might partner with someone too.

I'll be grateful if anyone can post a job review along with the pics of the Claybar kit and Tech Wax; also explain what these do. They're so confusing.

Last edited by tsk13 : 1st March 2010 at 23:29.
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:04   #1758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
can you order for me also ??? i will deposit money in your bank account and bear the courior charges.
Srry bro. SIL leaving from there in a couple of days. Free shipping takes between 5-10 days and sometimes longer. Maybe next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

I personally feel that there's nothing like a 'best wax', it all depends on what suits your car's paint the best!

I use techwax cuz its easier to apply/remove and generally suits all paint finishes!
20north.com is very very expensive . Costs almost 3 times . Techwax2 paste costs about 2500RS :0

Mothers paste wax is very very easy to use . You should try it to see how easy it is. Easy to apply and easy to remove.
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:38   #1759
BHPian

Has anyone used Eagle one nanowax paste? Available for about 800Rs in Blr, but I did not buy it because no one here seems to have used it. As of now its good old Turtlewax hardshell but I'd like to try a different product.
Old 2nd March 2010, 01:43   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

just wanted to know how was your experience buying stuff from 20north.com?? was it a prompt delivery as mentioned and waht about the customs? also was it genuine?
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:14   #1761
Senior - BHPian

It was an ok experience(shipping time 21days)

but so far I've ordered two things from them nd got both of em within the time frame they mentioned!(only applicable to car waxes and car care products)
customs are handled by 20north themselves!
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:28   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
. Member Sonirohit mentioned a easy DIY technique for Waxpol in another thread. /
Can you kindly point out to the said thread please ?
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:36   #1763
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Srry bro. SIL leaving from there in a couple of days. Free shipping takes between 5-10 days and sometimes longer. Maybe next time.

20north.com is very very expensive . Costs almost 3 times . Techwax2 paste costs about 2500RS :0

Mothers paste wax is very very easy to use . You should try it to see how easy it is. Easy to apply and easy to remove.
Free shipping is for order above $25 only so buying only a Tech Wax will not qualify for that. Once i used that option and it took 10 working days to reach and by that time my friend had left so had to get a refund done:(. I also saw some place that for sites like amazon since they sell cheaper, there is a watered down version that is sold. Meguiars themselves have an online store which sells at more. Not sure what is the truth but getting the cheapest from amazon is great, something that i have never managed to get as i always end up paying the extra shipping to ensure it gets through in time. $13 translates to about Rs 630 which makes it even cheaper per use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
What's the update on your polisher? I suppose we might see these brands on Indian shelves soon as Turtle entered with Xenos, Meguiars might partner with someone too.

I'll be grateful if anyone can post a job review along with the pics of the Claybar kit and Tech Wax; also explain what these do. They're so confusing.
Clay Bar is used to remove contaminants that bond to the paint and surface imperfections, making it ready for waxing. I got to learn about it seeing posts from people who used and from online DIY videos
Tech Wax is not only a wax but a sealant also, which is why its more expensive and better. Waxpol is the best option for people who need something locally and are not that big a detailing enthusiast.
Go to meguiars online forums and see videos - you will know exactly what and how they are used for.
BTW: i did mention, i never used a wax so far so i think even without anything - waxpol, tech wax my cars were doing great. I am just trying out a few things, so whats best is what works for you!!!

3M has probably the best professional detailing products in fact. Now that they have acquired Meguiars, they are the market leaders

Last edited by mkh : 2nd March 2010 at 09:39.
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:41   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
....Clay Bar is used to remove contaminants that bond to the paint and surface imperfections, making it ready for waxing......
...3M has probably the best professional detailing products in fact. Now that they have acquired Meguiars, they are the market leaders
So is it necessary to clay before waxing? My car has done 58k km in 26 months but I've never used clay as I thought that was best left to the detailing centres. I must have waxed my car about 8 times, each time over whatever remained of the previous coat. Do you think I should be claying it now? Could that damage the clearcoat?
Mkh, while I disagree with your views on Turtlewax hardshell, I am very impressed with the Amway carwash. Borrowed it off a neighbor this sunday & was quite impressed by the results. I spilled some of the concentrate on my hand and it did not bother me. So either its really mild or I have a thick hide.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:11   #1765
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
So is it necessary to clay before waxing? My car has done 58k km in 26 months but I've never used clay as I thought that was best left to the detailing centres. I must have waxed my car about 8 times, each time over whatever remained of the previous coat. Do you think I should be claying it now? Could that damage the clearcoat?
Mkh, while I disagree with your views on Turtlewax hardshell, I am very impressed with the Amway carwash. Borrowed it off a neighbor this sunday & was quite impressed by the results. I spilled some of the concentrate on my hand and it did not bother me. So either its really mild or I have a thick hide.
I am no expert so my views are based on very limited experience as mentioned. I just started off seeing sites and others, claying is good but not a must. Its a must only if there are surface contaminants and if you want the BEST results for the wax( as quoted by detailing experts). I have never even waxed till last 4 months back so cant say about the essential of claying. However when i went for pro detailing for my car, they started off by claying. I tried it myself also- its easy and bring good results. There is very little chance of damaging the clear coat- only that should be careful not to drop the clay bar.
Turtle wax- my own experience was not good, maybe its an isolated case, as i said, nothing is perfect, whatever works best for each one. Maybe i got a bad bottle or my technique was not good, dunno but it did not come close to Megs Tech Wax. Only way to find out- come over and we shall do a session with each
As i said, i have years of experience in using the amway car wash and never had a single complaint on skin harm etc
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:38   #1766
Senior - BHPian

^Yup! Claying is totally safe!!

but one needs to properly wash their car before using it! (as its meant for surface contaminants that a wash cant remove)

and also the wax adheres better to contaminant free surface yielding long lasting gloss etc.

I think I'll have to buy one of these - FS 488 Paint Meter Main Site-Home Page FS488 and FS 688 Paint Meter

just to be sure how much clear is left!!(but is wayyy expensive! :( )
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:58   #1767
BHPian

Meguiars , In India ???

Meguiar's India
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:15   #1768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Clay Bar is used to remove contaminants that bond to the paint and surface imperfections, making it ready for waxing.

3M has probably the best professional detailing products in fact. Now that they have acquired Meguiars, they are the market leaders
Thanks for the info MKH.

Quote:
Turtle wax- Maybe i got a bad bottle or my technique was not good
We were talking of Paste Wax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Meguiars , In India ???

Meguiar's India
Quite old. I've seen it many times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Can you kindly point out to the said thread please ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1750475
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:27   #1769
BHPian

We are not able to order it online.. What is the purpose though.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:14   #1770
BHPian

See This , any body know this ????

EDIT :
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 2nd March 2010 at 22:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks