Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2015, 23:34   #166
Newbie
 
newway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Any thoughts on how to fix this. My friend got this error on his hotaudio HU. Is there physician reset button on the system ?
Attached Images
 
newway is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 09:51   #167
kcz
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
I got the same HU ordered and installed it couple of weeks back. My car interior looks so much premium now.
Hi BlueEyes, I plan to get the same Android HU for my Vento TSI (Sep 2015 model). It appears that you are from Bangalore. Where did you get the HU fixed? Was it a DIY or did you get services of some workshop? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks,
Kiran
kcz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 10:48   #168
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,782
Thanked: 2,003 Times
Default

Hii
The easiest solution to all problems is to switch off the Head Unit.
And keep the power button pressed until the recovery mode comes on. The rotate the volume knob to highlight factory reset and again keep the volume button pressed. The unit will be factory reset and such errors may not occur again.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 02:37   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,782
Thanked: 2,003 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Boys, 2 parts have arrived:
1. The Cruise Control Retrofit kit
2. The GTI Instrument Cluster.


I am now planning to attempt the unthinkable, and ask VW if they can install the same for me, for a fee. I doubt it will happen, but I will try.


In other news, I am keen on ordering the Front Parking Sensors Kit and the OPS module for the rear parking sensors.

Wish me luck. I will need it. Since I have now reached the BCM level modifications, and I really don't know how I will manage them, since I don't have too much electrical knowledge, and I barely trust anyone with this.
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 10:14   #170
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 282
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Boys, 2 parts have arrived:
1. The Cruise Control Retrofit kit
2. The GTI Instrument Cluster.


I am now planning to attempt the unthinkable, and ask VW if they can install the same for me, for a fee. I doubt it will happen, but I will try.


In other news, I am keen on ordering the Front Parking Sensors Kit and the OPS module for the rear parking sensors.

Wish me luck. I will need it. Since I have now reached the BCM level modifications, and I really don't know how I will manage them, since I don't have too much electrical knowledge, and I barely trust anyone with this.
Great. All the very best for your mods.
Where did you source the GTI Instrument cluster from? I've almost finalized a deal for GTI IC at 275. But still not sure whether I'll go ahead, as I couldn't find a dealer yet, who can swap this for me.
ventoman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 18:21   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Boys, 2 parts have arrived:
1. The Cruise Control Retrofit kit
2. The GTI Instrument Cluster.


I am now planning to attempt the unthinkable, and ask VW if they can install the same for me, for a fee. I doubt it will happen, but I will try.


In other news, I am keen on ordering the Front Parking Sensors Kit and the OPS module for the rear parking sensors.

Wish me luck. I will need it. Since I have now reached the BCM level modifications, and I really don't know how I will manage them, since I don't have too much electrical knowledge, and I barely trust anyone with this.
Frank am keenly following the Cruise control fitment of Gannu and yours and plan to follow suit.

Does anyone know the part number of the cruise control stalk that comes in the facelifted Ventos in India. Would like to match the same part number while ordering one. Thanks!
Jamsukh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 18:38   #172
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 14
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

The Android unit has changed the face of in-car entertainment. Period.

Hi Frank, I have ordered the same Android unit for my Polo. I need some information regarding the delivery. Could you please ping me or email with your contact? Please help.
msiva75 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 02:01   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,782
Thanked: 2,003 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Great. All the very best for your mods.
Where did you source the GTI Instrument cluster from? I've almost finalized a deal for GTI IC at 275. But still not sure whether I'll go ahead, as I couldn't find a dealer yet, who can swap this for me.

If it's a used cluster, don't attempt importing it. Otherwise, Sugesh from VAGTune charges 6.5k to program it for you by copying your current cluster IMMObilizer key on the new one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by msiva75 View Post
The Android unit has changed the face of in-car entertainment. Period.

Hi Frank, I have ordered the same Android unit for my Polo. I need some information regarding the delivery. Could you please ping me or email with your contact? Please help.
Sure, but how? You don't have the PM feature enabled. You can mail me at franksmehta at the rate gmail.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 04:20   #174
BHPian
 
cedricsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 133
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post


It's NOT a universal mirror. This replaces your car mirror which is attached to the windscreen (or the top of the roof) so you need to dismount your mirror and compare your mounting point photo with the various ones provided at the bottom of the page in this link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-R...315331108.html
Frank, I wish to order this from Ali Express for my GT TSI. Please advise if there are any specific bracket instructions I need to provide or, just simply click on the link you have provided and add it to the cart.
cedricsg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 10:06   #175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Frank am planning to go for the TPMS that you have deployed. As it is an internal sensor, during tyre rotation how do you change the label of the same i.e. from Front Left to Rear Left? Or is that you have to remove the sensors during tyre rotation? That is making me contemplate between the internal and external sensor version.

Also where did you install the control module and from where the power source was taken? Thanks! Given it is the 11.11 Aliexpress sale want to pick this up today.
Jamsukh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 10:49   #176
BHPian
 
BlueEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Driving Around
Posts: 90
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
Hi BlueEyes, I plan to get the same Android HU for my Vento TSI (Sep 2015 model). It appears that you are from Bangalore. Where did you get the HU fixed? Was it a DIY or did you get services of some workshop? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks,
Kiran
I did install it myself with some technical help from my trusted regular electrician
It's certainly doable with so much information available on this forum itself. Check this latest DIY from this member HU DIY (Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home).
Hope this helps.
BlueEyes is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 11:08   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,782
Thanked: 2,003 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsukh View Post
Frank am planning to go for the TPMS that you have deployed. As it is an internal sensor, during tyre rotation how do you change the label of the same i.e. from Front Left to Rear Left? Or is that you have to remove the sensors during tyre rotation? That is making me contemplate between the internal and external sensor version.

Also where did you install the control module and from where the power source was taken? Thanks! Given it is the 11.11 Aliexpress sale want to pick this up today.
Please buy it immediately. It's around 1500 rupees cheaper in the Ali sale.
Also, rotation is a slight inconvenience, but then again, the internal sensors have better battery, much much better air seal than external (valves are of super quality)
so air loss is almost minimal. Also, internal valves cannot be stolen, which is a very big factor in Mumbai at least.
During rotation you may not have to exchange the valves. There was a protocol to recalibrate valves in the manual, but I haven't looked into it. I believe I'll be exchanging them every time I do the rotation. Don't mind it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Frank, I wish to order this from Ali Express for my GT TSI. Please advise if there are any specific bracket instructions I need to provide or, just simply click on the link you have provided and add it to the cart.
I may be wrong but i think it's bracket no. 1. Go to gannus thread. There's a photo of the backside of the irvm or the stock mirror. You just need to match it with the seller's bracket photo.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 11:10   #178
BHPian
 
Happysmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: pune
Posts: 63
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Frank, I wish to order this from Ali Express for my GT TSI. Please advise if there are any specific bracket instructions I need to provide or, just simply click on the link you have provided and add it to the cart.

Message the seller and ask him to send Bracket number 1.

It is one of the best upgrades. The auto dimming feature and size of the mirror is perfect for night driving.
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 12:12   #179
kcz
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
I did install it myself with some technical help from my trusted regular electrician
It's certainly doable with so much information available on this forum itself. Check this latest DIY from this member HU DIY (Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home).
Hope this helps.
Thanks BlueEyes for the response and the link to graaja's DIY post.

I ordered the HU on aliexpress last night and hope to be able to install it myself on my Vento following graaja's DIY post.

Frank, sorry for hijacking your thread. Thanks for discovering this wonderful Android HU for all of us. Your thread has a treasure of information and thanks for sharing it with all of us at Team-BHP.

Thanks,
Kiran

Last edited by kcz : 12th November 2015 at 12:32.
kcz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 12:33   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Please buy it immediately. It's around 1500 rupees cheaper in the Ali sale.
Also, rotation is a slight inconvenience, but then again, the internal sensors have better battery, much much better air seal than external (valves are of super quality)
so air loss is almost minimal. Also, internal valves cannot be stolen, which is a very big factor in Mumbai at least.
During rotation you may not have to exchange the valves. There was a protocol to recalibrate valves in the manual, but I haven't looked into it. I believe I'll be exchanging them every time I do the rotation. Don't mind it.
Thanks Frank, basis your suggestion I have placed order for the internal sensor version of the unit. Will need your help and guidance on how to carry out the installation once I get it.
Jamsukh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 318 22nd October 2016 11:04
Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15 sarthakgupta The Indian Car Scene 441 25th April 2013 12:26
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34
VW Passat 1.8 TSI Vs Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI ivar1951 The Indian Car Scene 21 14th April 2010 19:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks