Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 16:24   #31
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

This is a fantastic review with some amazing photographs to go with it. With three Fords in the family so far, I have been a Ford 'Fan'atic a long time. And this new beast has surely planted a seed of thought, to probably replace my non Ford possession, the Scorpio, when the beast is launched.
However, the pricing has to be spot on to make it a clincher. The last few cars have been priced spot on by Ford, so I am fairly optimistic about how the new Endeavor will be priced.
AshyRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 17:21   #32
BHPian

Nice review S2!

Looks and Feels like a tough (go-anywhere) vehicle just by looking at the pictures.

Ford..., I think; I might end up being your customer!

Last edited by embee : 7th September 2015 at 17:25.
embee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 17:32   #33
BHPian

What an awesome preview.

I am on the look out for a full fat SUV in 2016 - 17 & had been seeing different preview articles / videos from other auto publications & this one takes the cake in the level of detail that has been provided.

I think it would be game on from Ford & this should take back the lost ground from T Fort which has had a virtual free run in this space. Things to be seen are the feature list that may get the cut for the India launch as well as the pricing. In the past few months the manufacturers have been surprising us with their pricing so with the already pricey Fortuner all set for a price hike (with the new model coming in) am not sure if this will be a 20 - 25 L SUV any more.

I know the looks are subjective, personally this is a better looker than the upcoming Fortuner & Pajero Sport by a long way.

Will be following this thread closely. Given a very well deserved 5 *.
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 17:51   #34
BHPian

What a Stunning SUV the new Endeavour is. It looks like a winner. The Fortuner has some serious competition coming its way. Ford has done some serious planning there. Hats off to the design team.

Looks good than the upcoming T-Fort. Ford just needs to set the pricing right on this and they have a winner in their hands.
Old 7th September 2015, 18:20   #35
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the excellent review. What an SUV! was always a fan of this butch vehicle and this version looks all the more inviting. Hope Ford brings in all the features and "again" surprise us with a great pricing.

Pricing is the key, if they manage to undercut the big T on that front, this car is gonna sell. The service and reputation of the F logo has improved a lot these days and they have a good chance at turning the ship around. If Ford is listening, bring this out at 25 Lakhs on road and see the market shake up. Yes that is all these SUV's are worth, though we have a habit of paying more lol
Jaggu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 18:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thanks for the excellent review. What an SUV! was always a fan of this butch vehicle and this version looks all the more inviting. Hope Ford brings in all the features and "again" surprise us with a great pricing.

Pricing is the key, if they manage to undercut the big T on that front, this car is gonna sell. The service and reputation of the F logo has improved a lot these days and they have a good chance at turning the ship around. If Ford is listening, bring this out at 25 Lakhs on road and see the market shake up. Yes that is all these SUV's are worth, though we have a habit of paying more lol
I think Fortuner have an edge here. Given that new Endeavour is to get long list of features, the bare basic current Fortuner cannot be compared. This means Endeavour is bound to be costlier than current Fortuner. Now how much more they can price the Endeavour is a big question mark. Adding to that misery is launch of next gen Fortuner which will happen in near future after Endy launch. They can wait and watch Endy's price,positioning and accordingly position the Fortuner.
Old 7th September 2015, 18:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I have an eerie feeling that the top end variant 4X4 with 3.2 liter engine will touch atleast 30 lakhs or even more. The 2.2 litre may come at the said price though.
So what? Isn't Fortuner falling under the same price range? Ford offers much more, and finally, FINALLY a fitting reply to the reign of the single run of Fortuner. Let's wait and see!
Old 7th September 2015, 18:53   #38
BHPian

That was a fantastic drive report S2!! Rating the thread what it deserves - 5*.

I just love the looks of this new Endeavour. It's a proper body-on-frame SUV and has loads of the typical 'tough guy' SUV character. As you mentioned, when SUVs are getting softer and softer, Ford made something which looks really butch. Ford surely got the styling spot on on this one. I am just thinking the amount of road presence this beast will have. Coupled with an advanced 4x4 system, I am sure that is is going to be a go-anywhere SUV. Hope this one's as good off the road as it is on it.

Ford, just price it right. Keep it below the upcoming Fortuner and Pajero Sport and you are good to go. Oh and yes, you have got the correct vehicle, now focus on marketing. The Endeavour brand seriously needs to let go of that bulky, bumpy, utilitarian image that the old Endeavour has created over the years. Other than that, way to go! They seem to be on a launching spree.

Aspire-> Upcoming Figo-> Endeavour -> Mustang
Oh and a 4x4 MT in any of the engine options for me.

Cheers,
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 7th September 2015 at 19:10.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 19:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Looks majestic inside out. Great job Ford.

A little sad to note that the 6-speed AT is a bit lazy. And I think its better to go for the AT in these heavyduty brutes. That means the variant to pick will be the 3.2L AT which will be expensive for sure. Hope the gearbox can really learn from the driver' driving style as Ford's engineers claim. The Watt's link looks impressive, hope Ford doesn't remove it when it reaches here. And that the 2.2L will also get it.

Nevertheless, it looks like the enthusiasts will get a worthy alternative to pick from the segment. This one looks to have addressed the big problems with both the Fortuner (bumpy and sparse) and Pajero Sport (HM).

If Ford can undercut the Fortuner with both the 2.2L MT and AT, this Endeavour can easily settle into a very healthy second place. And with the leader at 1500 units each month, that's a lot to play for. Ford needs to be smart with the configuration of different variants and pricing.
Old 7th September 2015, 20:41   #40
BHPian

What a (p)review ! Fantastic pictures.

Endeavour look smashing in its new avatar. Clean and proportionate. Butch and menacing.

IMO, even if Ford price it on par with Toyota Fortuner, It’s going to be more value than Fortuner.

Generally I am not a fan of chrome overdose, but this car manages to look superb with all the chrome it got. If I was about to buy an SUV, I will be buying the new Endy for its look only.

OT: (Mods, Please delete if found inappropriate)

Hope Ford is reviving itself in Indian market by taking us seriously (Launch of Aspire, Upcoming new Figo, Endy etc may be a start); and they will bring their amazing line of products here (Such as Fiesta Hatch, New Mondeo, Kuga SUV etc).

We have shown them time and again, that we value the brand and proven it by making ‘good attempts by Ford’ blockbusters (Like Figo, Eco Sports).

If we look every reviews in Team-Bhp, every one praises the Fiesta for what it is and feels bad about it's slow death in our market. No big complaints against Ford's relaibility and Quality. Even praises for service and ownership costs seems very less too. That shows, with right products and proper stratergy, Ford can be one manufacturer to look out for.

Come on Ford, Are you listening ?

Cheers
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 21:19   #41
BHPian

A absolutely fantastic preview by S2. This is an example to all the main stream media outlets & star reviewers of what a p/review should look like. This is the best review of the new Ford Everest, currently in the whole wide world. Well done!!.

As an owner of Ford Endeavour/s for the past 10 years, I am obviously biased , but even objectively speaking, Ford has outdesgined & outsized the competition .

I am looking to replace my current 4 year old Endy (4X4 3L AT) and was exploring different options - Fortuner, Pajero & even Discovery Sport. But looks like I am going to stay in the Ford family.

Called up my sales rep, he has no idea of the launch date, but says that a sales training has been planned in Sanand in Oct/Nov. So, this could be a late this year or early next year launch.

I am not so worried about Ford dethroning the Toyota Fortuner (It is a nice SUV, but I never really liked it - the shape or the name), a lot of fellow Indians love the Fortuner so it will continue to do well. For me, it actually does not matter if a lot of other people are not buying the car you love. It should "work" for me and the Endeavour has for the past so many years!

About the pricing, given the recent record of Ford, I am confident they will get it right.

Last edited by indusboy : 7th September 2015 at 21:20. Reason: typo
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 22:28   #42
BHPian

thank you S2 !!! I've been drooling over this beast since the first spy shots leaked. Since then I have resorted to various desperate measures including following an Indonesian Ford Everest account on Instagram. Back when the Everest and ix25 were both just conspiracy theories, I had plans of buying the now non existent top end automatic ix25, giving my wife my Ciaz and living happily every after. Then the ix25 became the Creta and the Everest/Endeavour launched abroad and youtube videos followed. Mentally I had decided. I bought my wife a Jazz and I shall wait patiently for the Endeavour. I hope its around 27 on road in Chennai.
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 23:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
How is the middle seat compared to Innova?
How bad third row seats are?
Well, the middle row was a rather comfortable place to be in. Seats were well-cushioned and recline angle was good with plenty of room to stretch your legs. I'd suggest you to wait for the full-fledged Official Review for a more detailed perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I'm sorry but I don't see that happening. The current (now discontinued) Endeavour's example costed between Rs. 22.16 - Rs. 25.67 lakh ex-showroom. In Thailand, the new Endeavour is available with only the diesel automatic variants priced between INR 23.2 - 29.2 lakhs! This, at a time when the 2015 Fortuner is priced between INR 22.26 - 29.68 lakhs in the same country. Keeping in mind that the Endeavour is manufactured in Thailand itself, still its price is touching Rs. 30 lakhs. I might be going against the tide and the expectations on this thread but I'd say that with merely 20% localisation levels, a price tag of Rs. 25 lakhs for the top end and that too on-road seems highly improbable for this feature-loaded 4x4 SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
A absolutely fantastic preview by S2. This is an example to all the main stream media outlets & star reviewers of what a p/review should look like. This is the best review of the new Ford Everest, currently in the whole wide world. Well done!!.
Thanks indusboy. Those are very encouraging words
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 23:20   #44
BHPian

Brilliantly detailed thread there S2. Loved the images of each and every element. Must have taken a hell lot of time and patience

As for the car, it looks really impresssive and much better than the upcoming Fortuner and Pajero Sport. Well at least in the pictures. I am hoping Ford will launch a fully loaded variant in India too and still price it under the top-end Fortuner. That would be a nice blow to Toyota who have priced the Fortuner way too high and the new one is expected to be priced even higher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post

Oh and a 4x4 MT in any of the engine options for me.
Slightly OT: I guess you are still some 5 years away from driving (going by your signature). So do you wish to get a 4x4 MT Endeavour right now and drive it after 5 years once you get your license? Or is it your dad posting from your account?
amansanc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 00:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the amazingly detailed preview S2. The bar for review has been really set high. Looking forward to that whenever it happens.

I am happy to see that Ford is gradually fixing things one by one and hopefully will move away from being a one trick pony. With new figo, aspire, Ecosport and now the new Endy things are surely moving in right direction. Hopefully Ford is able to handle volume and treat customers well.

I think the top of end model 3.2L engine and auto transmission will surely be in the range of 35L OTR in place like bangalore. This is at par with how much a Fortuner or Santa Fe topend would cost. Even at that price it surely will be better value given the number of addl technology features it will sport. I hope ford is able to give fortuner a run for its money given how Toyota has been making tons of profit and short changing customers with minimal features esp on safety front.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks