Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 11:41   #121
Senior - BHPian

sathya

there is no issue with the rear lamps. even in logan its like that. latest trend i guess. there is one reverse light only so you will NOT have a red plate covering it. so its perfectly normal and nothing to fix.

teflon coating helps to add beauty and spares the car of accumulation of dust which is hard to remove. if you see my car in the long term reports (maruti 800, 17.5kkms) you ll know what i mean.

do gsports customize the seat covers for sx4? since the rear has an arm rest too, i wonder how they handle it. also will they scrape off the bottom portion of the middle part of the rear seat a bit to bring the height in line with the left and right parts. so that the third person can sit a bit more relaxedly? and how much is it costing you?
Old 4th June 2007, 11:48   #122
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
Dear Mclaren1885/Memo...

Could you pls help me in getting a faster delivery of SX4 Zxi with Leather from RNS...The sales guy's name is B.S Manjunath...When I called him last week he had told me that I was the only person to book the zxi with leather...but still the wait period is two months....Pls help me....
Sudhir, pls PM me your details regarding date of booking, agent name and variant. I shall see what can be done.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:07   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
sathya

do gsports customize the seat covers for sx4? since the rear has an arm rest too, i wonder how they handle it. also will they scrape off the bottom portion of the middle part of the rear seat a bit to bring the height in line with the left and right parts. so that the third person can sit a bit more relaxedly? and how much is it costing you?
Yup, that's what he said. He saw the car before taking orders. He had done for other cars which too had armrest, so shouldn't be an issue for him. It costs 4.3K. I doubt if he will be able to adjust rear centre seat, will ask him.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:17   #124
BHPian

sx4 1400 km update

Hi all. Went for 500 km trip (up and down) mainly highways and winding country roads in kerala. Did my first service before the journey so was able to push her a little, did a top speed of 140. Unlike other states where you get long stretches of uninhibited land, in kerala even on highways you get a lot of pedestrian activity so didnt think it was very prudent to touch very high speeds though she was very eager to go all the way ( by "she" i mean my SX4). On the fifth gear when you are doing 100 kmph the tacho reads just under 3000, and hereon accelerates very quickly to 140, after wich i left it may be some other day. I have a feeling that the fifth is a little too short. A taller gear would have given the car better mileage when cruising. I got an average of less than 10. No complaints though as i have an aggressive driving style . A typical highway drive here in kerala is you accelerate had to 100 then the next instant you brake to almost a stop.(people with 2000cc cars driving at 40 kmph on highways thinking they are the safest and also bikes riding in the middle of the road, these guys have no clue how much danger they are putting themselves and others to) So with five people on board that is a lot of wasted kinetic energy. Personally i feel that should return worse FE figures than driving in a city. Also the country roads have a lot of sharp curves and steep slopes so again that too means lot of braking. One thing for sure she handles much better than my esteem on the curves and the brakes are a beauty. The only con here is the horrible visibility when you take a right hand curve, you go almost blind into the curve, so you better keep your side of the road.
Can anybody tell me what can be done about it. I feel very unsafe going blind into a curve, I dont know what was suzuki thinking, dont they ride the car before they send it on roads. The car is a good performer and its fun pushing her. The power is more than adequate for Indian roads. So drive safely and wear seat belts and insist on others wearing it, whatever little discomfort you might feel is far out weighted by the safety it provides. Maybe you are a very safe driver but the one who collides with you might be somebody like me who is doing 140 testing his new car. I want to go on on safety but will do that on some other post.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:32   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
teflon coating helps to add beauty and spares the car of accumulation of dust which is hard to remove. if you see my car in the long term reports (maruti 800, 17.5kkms) you ll know what i mean.
That's actually just a load of bull. It's nothing but a normal polishing job & has no additional benefits. I've done a lot of reasearch on this recently & will be opening up a new thread very soon on it, to tell everyone the real story behind this.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:44   #126
BHPian

Dear Mclaren,

Pls find below the details...

Variant: Sx4 Zxi with Leather, Beige Colour
Date of Booking: 21st May 2007 @ RNS Yeshwanthpur, B'lore in the name of NXP Semiconductors.
Sales Representative: B.S Manjunath (98450 23945)

Pls help me in getting the delivery ASAP..

Thanks in advance
Old 4th June 2007, 12:57   #127
BHPian

Hi All,

I have booked a white ZXi on 8th (second day) but I have not yet got the car and dealer is saying that new ZXis will come only after 10th. Since I have not yet got the car, I am having second mind as I need a car now and comfort in upright(ish) sitting position of back seat. I likes the car from driver's angle.

So my question for the people who have SX4 or test drove it, how do you rate the comfort of the back seats especially going for a long drive (2 hours plus). Front seat can be reclined but the back seat are very upright, because of this I hypothesized that the back seats will be uncomfortable during long drives. Please clear my confusion. Any comment is appreciated, dont hold back.

thanks
Old 4th June 2007, 13:37   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strips007 View Post
Hi All,

I have booked a white ZXi on 8th (second day) but I have not yet got the car and dealer is saying that new ZXis will come only after 10th. Since I have not yet got the car, I am having second mind as I need a car now and comfort in upright(ish) sitting position of back seat. I likes the car from driver's angle.

So my question for the people who have SX4 or test drove it, how do you rate the comfort of the back seats especially going for a long drive (2 hours plus). Front seat can be reclined but the back seat are very upright, because of this I hypothesized that the back seats will be uncomfortable during long drives. Please clear my confusion. Any comment is appreciated, dont hold back.

thanks
Please see my long trip report in same thread, few pages back. Only centre seat is bit uncomfortable, otherwise the seats are good. My parents (both aged above 57) felt comfortable even when I drove almost 5 hours continuously long.
Old 4th June 2007, 14:48   #129
BHPian

@Geeksrik,
mine is also almost nearing a month.. i am trying thro' my friend who works for MUL (He is part of SX4 team) to deliver the vehicle in my name to the dealer... I hope will get it in a week or so... that way i used get full details abt the SX4.

Quote:
@santosh - forget your car for one month buddy. after that they will call you automatically. mine is nearing one month, and i ll be getting maybe a grey by another week max. i missed the first grey, but this time i ll take whatever comes in.

@sudhir - 2 months is bulls*** unless there are more customers than you before you on the queue. why dont you ask mclaren's or memo's help on this forum to know the exact status of your delivery?
Old 4th June 2007, 19:49   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanthosh View Post
@Geeksrik,
mine is also almost nearing a month.. i am trying thro' my friend who works for MUL (He is part of SX4 team).
Please get TBHP's message across to MUL thro' your friend in the SX4 team that the center hump in the rear seat must go!
Old 5th June 2007, 10:12   #131

Hey guys does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the rocking feeling on the SX4.I agree its a tall boy and will have a little rock, but wuld surely love to reduce it and improve cornering etc. Will wider tyres help. If yes has anyone tired it out and any suggestions for the tyres. Is anyone contemplating reducing the height and if yes any ideas on who can do it and do it well.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:48   #132
BHPian

I talked to him reagrding same...Since sx4 is an international brand and in western countries generally 3+1 seats... so left the back seat as it is in other countries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_bhp View Post
Please get TBHP's message across to MUL thro' your friend in the SX4 team that the center hump in the rear seat must go!
Old 5th June 2007, 12:34   #133
Senior - BHPian

i m tired of waiting and the grey too is not coming. all they are offering me is white white and white. and i am tired. thinking of taking my money back at this point of time.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:37   #134
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
Hey guys does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the rocking feeling on the SX4.I agree its a tall boy and will have a little rock, but wuld surely love to reduce it and improve cornering etc. Will wider tyres help. If yes has anyone tired it out and any suggestions for the tyres. Is anyone contemplating reducing the height and if yes any ideas on who can do it and do it well.
Reducing the GC would be where I would begin from. I am sure a certain psycho here can manage this. He is good with suspensions.
Old 5th June 2007, 13:11   #135
BHPian

Quote:
i m tired of waiting and the grey too is not coming. all they are offering me is white white and white. and i am tired. thinking of taking my money back at this point of time.
Wow. Over here in Indore, the dealers say 2 months waiting for the most in-demand color which is white!
One Azure grey and a black (both zxi w/o leathers) are readily available at different dealers!

Try asking for "PQ" - Priority Quota/Queue. Dont know how (if) it works, but the dealers claim that for corporate customers they do it all the times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks