Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 10:33   #121
Senior - BHPian

Chandan,
With 200 inchs of rainfall anually, what you need is a hard top, better still a very hard top!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
Excellent work on the soft top.The flexibility offered is too good.Work on my jeep is almost over.Will post some pics shortly.However,the soft top design given by you had to be modified a bit,as the place I live around receives almost 200 inches of rainfall annually.
Old 25th February 2009, 10:51   #122
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev,
The difference from the original and the custom is massive, the ride quality is 40% improved (no exageration) the body roll minimised, the lower set of leaf spring is to assist the main as a helper when required, this makes a clanking sound (like Scorpio) when in operation, not loud though. Since the original design does not have this conjoined twin you dont get that sound, The sound versus the great ride quality is worth it. A boon for offroaders and guys who move in the jungles, beleive me I have tried it.
Exchange of my previous four with these ones cost me 15 thousand.
Thanks for your appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Great Work Fazal,
The Jeep look WOW..

The suspension work well can you please shed some more light on it like cost past, the custom fabrication, how much better is it than the original fitment.
Old 25th February 2009, 10:54   #123
fk7
BHPian

wonderful fazal saab,

i am so inspired by the top design. if it is not much of a problem, can you please post some pictures of the bracket and frame for the rear top without the top in place?

i would like to provide these pictures to my fabricator to design one for my 550 also.

i would also like to know more about the double leaf springs. pictures of both the connection points for both rear and front will be helpful.

and can you tell me how much you paid for the apollo bullet tyres and if they are easily available.

Thanks for all your help

Firoz
Old 25th February 2009, 10:58   #124
fk7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Harjeev,
The difference from the original and the custom is massive, the ride quality is 40% improved (no exageration) the body roll minimised, the lower set of leaf spring is to assist the main as a helper when required, this makes a clanking sound (like Scorpio) when in operation, not loud though. Since the original design does not have this conjoined twin you dont get that sound, The sound versus the great ride quality is worth it. A boon for offroaders and guys who move in the jungles, beleive me I have tried it.
Exchange of my previous four with these ones cost me 15 thousand.
Thanks for your appreciation.
Hi Fazal saab,

so are you telling me that the double leaf setup was bought and not custom designed by you? If so how much will it be to just buy a fresh piece? is it a local hyderabad job or available anywhere?

sorry for too many questions

Firoz
Old 25th February 2009, 11:12   #125
Senior - BHPian

Firoz,
No problem with the questions at all, this was not designed by me but a old man who is in this trade since over 50 years and I have never heard a likewise job or seen any, so I presume he is the only man who does this job and even in Hyderabad no one can do it. No idea how much will a new set cost I can find out and let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
Hi Fazal saab,

so are you telling me that the double leaf setup was bought and not custom designed by you? If so how much will it be to just buy a fresh piece? is it a local hyderabad job or available anywhere?

sorry for too many questions

Firoz
Old 25th February 2009, 11:18   #126
Senior - BHPian

Hi fazal,
Top job is a work of art. Very good!! The suspension job is unique. I have seen many hyderabad jeeps with helper springs to reduce roll, but not like this before. Would like to see it working during axle flex sessions...just for an idea. Can you post pictures or videos of it?

Also missing is the dash board picture. You said the steering is very smooth. Any modifications there as well?
Now slowly as and when iam seeing the work on the jeep i must say that i should take back my words that this is not a patch on your white jeep. Infact i realise that both are very different in concept and execution.:-))

cheers
vinod

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 25th February 2009 at 11:20.
Old 25th February 2009, 11:22   #127
Senior - BHPian

Fazal, Super Ride....i am speechless!
I think you are a miracle jeep restorer!! I missed your white ride, now this orange one looks cool!
I am not mistaken if I all you as one of the best Jeep restorers on TBHP!!
Awesome!!Congratulations!!
Old 25th February 2009, 11:31   #128
BHPian

Congrats Fazal Bhai!
This is certainly one of the most desirable jeeps I have ever seen.

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 25th February 2009, 12:00   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hi fazal,
Top job is a work of art. Very good!! The suspension job is unique. I have seen many hyderabad jeeps with helper springs to reduce roll, but not like this before. Would like to see it working during axle flex sessions...just for an idea. Can you post pictures or videos of it?

Also missing is the dash board picture. You said the steering is very smooth. Any modifications there as well?
Now slowly as and when iam seeing the work on the jeep i must say that i should take back my words that this is not a patch on your white jeep. Infact i realise that both are very different in concept and execution.:-))

cheers
vinod
Vinod,
I just learned the art of Multi quoting.
Did my best to get what I desired but this top has one flaw, when the sides are on and the rear rolled up, the tailend of the side panels flap when driving, what I should have got done is two slant pipes on both ends. Trial and error is the best way of learning I guess. I will try and post pictures during axle flex, should have done it yesterday.
The dash is pretty same as on any 540. Steering is RANE and doing extremely great with the heavy rims and tyres, no mods there, but got all the rest on kingpins and all done.
The white one was more Majestic.
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Fazal, Super Ride....i am speechless!
I think you are a miracle jeep restorer!! I missed your white ride, now this orange one looks cool!
I am not mistaken if I all you as one of the best Jeep restorers on TBHP!!
Awesome!!Congratulations!!
Surya,
Your kind comments, I am very greatful for. We somehow missed out on meeting eachother due to unforeseen circumstances, we will meet soon.
Thanks and Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Congrats Fazal Bhai!
This is certainly one of the most desirable jeeps I have ever seen.

Cheers,
Deepak
Deepak,
A very big compliment indeed, from you.
Thankyou.

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 25th February 2009 at 12:03.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:41   #130
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Hot Jeep Fazal !! Your bikes and cars reflect your attention to detailing.

I noticed in one picture the Jeep near Sham's quarry, isn't that the spot?
Old 25th February 2009, 20:28   #131
Senior - BHPian

Deepak,
Thankyou, the attention to detail part I think is inherent as you knew my uncle Alamdar Hussain too, and helps me a lot in my profession as an interior designer. Yes it is Shams quarry, the night shot with my son on the jeep hood, but if you are reffering to the daylight pics. they are on/near the ORR, Narsingi sector.
Hope to meet you soon.
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Hot Jeep Fazal !! Your bikes and cars reflect your attention to detailing.

I noticed in one picture the Jeep near Sham's quarry, isn't that the spot?
Old 25th February 2009, 22:13   #132
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
the attention to detail part I think is inherent as you knew my uncle Alamdar Hussain too
My my what a small world. Come to think of it you do bear a resemblance to him. Yes indeed apparently as Dad tells me Alamdar uncle was an expert with watches too, meaning he could fix them !

What are your cousins doing with that fabulous Chevy of his. Do convince them to get it onroad. Its been probably 30 years since I saw that car !

We really should meet up sometime. Would love to see that Triumph of yours upclose.
Old 26th February 2009, 16:04   #133
BHPian

Wonderful!!!! Fantastic!!!Brilliant!!

Only I can Say after seen these pics.

Pls post some pics of dash board and fabrication work of roof top and roll bar.

Great Work !!!

Tarkesh
Old 26th February 2009, 16:48   #134
fk7
BHPian

fazal sahab,

can you please tell me what is the part on the rear wheel highlighted in green in the picture? This was not there in the white jeep of yours and nor is it there in my MM550.

Regards

Firoz
Attached Thumbnails
Working on a 540 (Now Completed)-j4.jpg  

Working on a 540 (Now Completed)-j-1.jpg  

Old 26th February 2009, 19:45   #135
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure but faizal have you converted the rear axles to full floating??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks