Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 09:52   #271
BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post

I had mentioned in an early post in this thread, unlike like potatoes or milk, which you buy everyday, vehicles is something you buy once in every 3/5 years. Many of us put the everyday DAL ROTI at stake to live up to our dreams. Dont shatter them!!

Yours truly.
Yep. I heard this from a Mahindra guy, but didn't think it was true. However, on second thoughts, I feel Mahindra is doing this to take on the beefy and mighty Wrangler, which is currently on the way even as we speak!
Old 10th August 2012, 09:55   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
The competition is also getting heated up somewhere and we as customers sincerely hope for the best.
Dear Slalom - you are correct, the "competition" is really getting heated up. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 09:59   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
[b][u]you are correct, the "competition" is really getting heated up. .
Do I sense a smirk from the TATA guys! WOW...I hope this will be way better than Xenon.
Old 11th August 2012, 11:19   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DB Sir - always the teaser!
Old 11th August 2012, 17:36   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
DB Sir - always the teaser!
Dear discoverwild - You'll love this teaser and as before, I shall get what I want.

I love and will always remember the song "The Power of the Dream" sung by Celine Dion (of Titanic fame). Google it and listen to it, it will blow you away!

Deep within each heart, there lies a magic spark, that lights the fire of our imagination
And since the dawn of man, strength of just "I can", has brought together, people of all nations
There's nothing ordinary in the living of each day
There's a special part, every one of us will play

Feel the flame forever burn
Teaching lessons we must learn
To bring us closer to THE POWER OF THE DREAM

As the world gives us its best
To stand apart from all the rest
It is the POWER OF THE DREAM that brings us here

Your mind will take you far
The rest is just pure heart
You'll find, your fate is all your own creation
As every boy and girl, as they come into this world
They bring the gift of hope and inspiration

Feel the flame forever burn
Teaching lessons we must learn
To bring us closer to THE POWER OF THE DREAM

World unites in hope and peace
We pray that it will always be
It is the POWER OF THE DREAM that brings us here

Your mind will take you far
Reaching for the stars

To realize - THE POWER OF THE DREAM
To realize - THE POWER ----- OF ----- THE ----- DREAM !!!!!

I shall repeat my dream.

I shall do it because I want to do it. I know I can do it. I know you will want it. I know you will love it. I know that there is a latent demand in India.

I need all your good wishes, as always. I know I can count on all of you. Thank you all, thank you TeamBHP. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 23:43   #276
BHPian

Would Love something like a SWB Jeep from the stables of TATA, they always surprise you but Off late they are doing this in an awkward manner with wrong strategy and more importantly the Pricing part.
We should remember what Fusion could not do for ford was ultimately achieved by Figo with correct pricing for the Cost sensitive indian market.
Old 12th August 2012, 13:45   #277
BHPian

Quote:
I shall repeat my dream.
Holy Cow ! DB's upto something big
Deshi Basara!

(MODS: Can this be forked out to a different thread?)
Old 12th August 2012, 16:47   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Dear discoverwild - You'll love this teaser and as before, I shall get what I want.
I knew this was coming. Thanks for the news DB sir. I can't stop .
There were some old news about Tata partnering with Chrysler for the JEEP
Old 13th August 2012, 01:44   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Dear discoverwild -

I shall do it because I want to do it. I know I can do it. I know you will want it. I know you will love it. I know that there is a latent demand in India.

I need all your good wishes, as always. I know I can count on all of you. Thank you all, thank you TeamBHP. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Can I dream a Jeep Wrangler, my dream vehicle, from your stable? Then I will forget about Thar and cancel all my plans regarding buying a Thar.... All the best wishes for your new babe..

Saali
Old 14th August 2012, 17:00   #280
BHPian

hi guys,

I think it will be a land rover defender 90 with a tata safari ? engine.
cheers
Old 17th August 2012, 21:43   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Dear discoverwild -

To realize - THE POWER OF THE DREAM
To realize - THE POWER ----- OF ----- THE ----- DREAM !!!!!

I shall repeat my dream.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Mr. Dhabhar:

What I found really interesting and exciting was to see an almost different you on the forum (going by your posts). It seemed to me that you are totally charged up, excited and enthused and that's good news for all of us on the forum as we can all expect something exciting to come our way.

I understand that confidentiality concerns would preclude complete disclosure but is it possible to indicate which side of the Atlantic it is going to be? I hope its Jeep in the Rubicon avatar.

All the best for your endeavours. Let some of us live our dreams too - the sooner the better.

Cheers!!!

Deep
Old 19th August 2012, 17:38   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Aha!!! Behram, you sly ole fox! Something that looks vaguely like an Axe or humvee would get my vote. The jeep look is not the ONLY look....What? Too early for a Tata wish list?

Please include the usual stuff plus option for MLD....and I need it by Tuesday. Morning.
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 15:28   #283
BHPian

Just visited the Mahindra showroom to check out the Thar. The moment i opened the driver side door, the shoddy interiors were an instant turn off. Even in the newer version of the Thar, the plastics are still very crude. I failed to understand why would anyone pay almost 8 lakhs for this!

Still went ahead and requested for a test drive. The demo vehicle had about 4500kms on the odo. The engine note was gruffy and the gear shift was the final deal breaker. It just wouldn't slot into the first gear. The accompanying sales representative was quite embarrassed and mumbled something to cover up the situation. I did not bother to drive it for long and returned back to the showroom after a quick u turn.

I don't think Mahindra is going to make any further changes to the interiors of the Thar. They seem happy selling whatever goes off the shelf to fan boys.

The test drive actually spoiled my Sunday morning.
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:38   #284
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Just visited the Mahindra showroom to check out the Thar. The moment i opened the driver side door, the shoddy interiors were an instant turn off. Even in the newer version of the Thar, the plastics are still very crude. I failed to understand why would anyone pay almost 8 lakhs for this!

Still went ahead and requested for a test drive. The demo vehicle had about 4500kms on the odo. The engine note was gruffy and the gear shift was the final deal breaker. It just wouldn't slot into the first gear. The accompanying sales representative was quite embarrassed and mumbled something to cover up the situation. I did not bother to drive it for long and returned back to the showroom after a quick u turn.

I don't think Mahindra is going to make any further changes to the interiors of the Thar. They seem happy selling whatever goes off the shelf to fan boys.

The test drive actually spoiled my Sunday morning.
hi,
Thar crde doesnt have it own engine or gearbox variant.Its a NEF crde engine from earlier scorpio and scorpio NGT530R gear box.Both are tried & tested. Go and buy friend.Its a fantastic machine.. and after all its a JEEP THING , as usual all wont understand.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:03   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
hi,
Thar crde doesnt have it own engine or gearbox variant.Its a NEF crde engine from earlier scorpio and scorpio NGT530R gear box.Both are tried & tested. Go and buy friend.Its a fantastic machine.. and after all its a JEEP THING , as usual all wont understand.
Hi Rajith,

I am sure the mechanical parts are reliable and offer good performance.

But what pissed me off was the lack of even basic quality on the interiors. It looked as if it was put together by some engineering students in a college project. I had to ask the sales guy twice if this was indeed the newer version of the thar.

I feel as a consumer if we readily pay for such shoddy work, it gives out a wrong signal indicating that such lower standards are acceptable by us. One one hand Mahindra has taken a significant leap with the development of the XUV500 and on the other hand the Thar's interior package is still so crude. I mean what sort of pride does the Mahindra team take in their work.

In spite of all the negative feedback on the interiors that the Thar generated during the launch, there has hardly been any changes in the plastic quality and fitment. I am not asking for a luxurious cabin but by all means I do want a basic level of finish on a 8 lakh vehicle.

Cheers,
Trek

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks