Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 16:40   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Those chrome plated alloys look a little out of place on the Jeep. .....
@svasantosh: if ever you want to throw those alloys away, you know which directions to throw them in . I am actually looking for these alloys for my Gypsy :-)

BTW, never seen a jeep so clean in the engine bay :-)
Old 13th November 2008, 16:55   #257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
@svasantosh: if ever you want to throw those alloys away, you know which directions to throw them in . I am actually looking for these alloys for my Gypsy :-)
svasantosh can't throw it, the alloys aren't his. I would have preferred a duller shade alloys to go with the color of the Jeep, the mirror finish alloys on the dull color Jeep is odd for me.

The engine bay however looks very different than my Jeep. They have suffled it a lot.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th November 2008 at 16:57.
Old 13th November 2008, 16:58   #258

as a daily user of jeep i changed the all terrain tyres to MRF ZIGMA due to the additional safty provided by them.for the last 12 years i was using DP 340and
i am so confident about the perfomance of the 15' tyres.any way i am fully satisfied
with the overall perfomances except the seats ;back rests are not adjustable,moreover pillion rider's backrest and seat mounting are fixed .THE MILAGE IS EXCELLENT in town and country.side wall projection of tyres due to the size of alloys i used[8.5x15] with 139.7 PCD.As a proud BHPian i am fully satisfied with the major.
Old 13th November 2008, 17:06   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

2. MRF Zigmas : Long time no see that pattern. Are you happy with the rubber? Any reason why you chose the Zigmas?

He he he.. I agree. but you know I use the same tyre/pattern on my Gypsy that i use for pure off-roading. How crazy can that be. And to top it all, I had bought them just a year ago. .

Quote:
svasantosh can't throw it, the alloys aren't his..
My bad. Maybe he can convince Abby to throw them away. Let's all comment in unison that this alloys don't look good on his Major and force him to throw the alloys away.

Quote:
.. I would have preferred a duller shade alloys to go with the color of the Jeep, the mirror finish alloys on the dull color Jeep is odd for me....
I fully agree. The alloys don't go well with this jeep. the owner needs to change these. :-) :-)

Jokes apart, it nice to see a new 'old' jeep as GTO mentioned.

Cheers,
Old 13th November 2008, 17:19   #260
BHPian

Quote:
I see it has the single lever 4WD shifter.
@ Samurai, mahindra had discontinued the 2 lever 4WD option on Mahindra jeeps long time back. The newer ones come only with a single lever to engage and dis-engage the 4WD. The single lever for 4WD seems to cause more problem in jeeps than the earlier 2 lever simple setup.

Quote:
@svasantosh: BTW, never seen a jeep so clean in the engine bay :-)

Come down to kerala and you will find lots .
Old 13th November 2008, 17:51   #261
BHPian

I have the same size and pattern alloys on my CJ3B.You must use a tire size of atleast 255/70/r15 for the sidewall to flex. Cos anything less will result in a rigid side wall. I have tried 235s on thos e too.
The best part is these alloys can accomadate upto 32.5/11/r15 tires.The zigma if i remember correctly donot come in sizes above 235.
cheers
jammy
Quote:
Originally Posted by abiacherian View Post
as a daily user of jeep i changed the all terrain tyres to MRF ZIGMA due to the additional safty provided by them.for the last 12 years i was using DP 340and
i am so confident about the perfomance of the 15' tyres.any way i am fully satisfied
with the overall perfomances except the seats ;back rests are not adjustable,moreover pillion rider's backrest and seat mounting are fixed .THE MILAGE IS EXCELLENT in town and country.side wall projection of tyres due to the size of alloys i used[8.5x15] with 139.7 PCD.As a proud BHPian i am fully satisfied with the major.
Old 13th November 2008, 19:49   #262
Senior - BHPian

Sir, Is the jeep used in town? Cos, the MRF Zigma tyres are more suited better for onroad use than offroad whereas the OE tyres appear to take a beating

Ofcourse, I may be completely wrong here!
Old 14th November 2008, 10:06   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....I use the same tyre/pattern on my Gypsy that i use for pure off-roading.
Seeing the pics of your gypsy in action, it is hardly believable! And I thought Zigma's are pure on-road tires!
Old 14th November 2008, 18:26   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Seeing the pics of your gypsy in action, it is hardly believable! And I thought Zigma's are pure on-road tires!
Its the man behind the machine, my friend, our man Khan drives the gypsy with or without tyres!
Old 14th November 2008, 18:31   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The zigma if i remember correctly donot come in sizes above 235
Agree. The max size zigma comes in is 235.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Yeah you are right. the zigma's are possibly thr worts tyres for off-roading. the sidewall is just tooooo soft. Have to be careful of rocky edges ready to damage the sidewalls. I already have 1 damaged tyre from a very very innocuous looking rock.

They are reasonably good on loose rocky gravel surface -- at best.

But yes, they are good, if at all, on 'on-road' only. my stupidity that i got them in my gypsy. but then everyone is allowed some stupid mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Its the man behind the machine, my friend, our man Khan drives the gypsy with or without tyres!
.. good one Headers. I wish the driving without tyres part was true :-)

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th November 2008 at 18:36.
Old 16th November 2008, 18:17   #266

Mahindra CL500 SWB??

Hi All,

Just some Qs about the Mahindra CL500.
1. The CL500 is the model name for the Major, isn't it?
2. Did it ever come in a short wheel-base (like the Classic/CJ3B)?
3. What is the CL550?

The reason I am asking is that in today's classifieds there is an ad for a '99 CL500 "Short Jeep". I called the number and the gentleman who answered said it is shorter than the regular Mahindra jeeps. He didn't know what a Classic/CJ3B is and so couldn't say if it is the same length or not.

The location is kinda far out of my way to go and check it out. So I want to know if the CL500 was at any point of time offered in the SWB before I took the trip.

Thanks
Teja
Old 17th November 2008, 10:19   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I swear that after relating the pictures of the places he was and the tyres he had!
Old 6th December 2008, 20:17   #268

i bought a 4WD jeep in 2008 feb. and duely rgd with reg authority, due to the poor road grip, i want to change the tyre size to 215-75-15 instead of 600x16.i want to authorise it from the respected authorities.will u plz explain the legal formalities in this regard.........
Old 6th December 2008, 22:07   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiacherian View Post
i bought a 4WD jeep in 2008 feb. and duely rgd with reg authority, due to the poor road grip, i want to change the tyre size to 215-75-15 instead of 600x16.i want to authorise it from the respected authorities.will u plz explain the legal formalities in this regard.........
Why does the RTO care about tire size?? I have never heard of this before..
Old 7th December 2008, 00:12   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Why does the RTO care about tire size?? I have never heard of this before..
He said respected authorities, surely he doesn't mean RTO. He must be referring to Team-BHP experts, the authority on these kind of mods.

abiacherian, the procedure is as follows. You must go to the Tyres and Alloy wheel Section, it is under Modifications and Accessories section. First you search for items of your interest. You will find a lot for info, if you don't find your answer, do post a query under a relevant thread. Don't tip the peon, no bribes are accepted here, just click and you shall have your answer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks