Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2008, 10:36   #46
fk7
BHPian

Thanks for the info. So, it is not easy to get a 550 in Mayapuri also. And I thought that finally I found a place where I can get one easily.

Anyway, on with the search, appreciate all your help.

FK
Old 30th November 2008, 17:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
And I thought that finally I found a place where I can get one easily.

FK
So are you also looking for an army disposal. I mean, generally, in south India, the jeeps that are there, are they Army disposals or privately owned.
Old 30th November 2008, 18:00   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Great information about army disposal jeeps. Very useful for 4 X 4 fans indeed! And the Peugeot XDP 3 engine is a marvel of engineering- though a bit noisy its a real workhorse. I have traversed thousands of kms many a time without any trouble on my 2001 Bolero LX 4X4 which has this gem of an engine.It requires very lees maintenance other than routine.
Old 1st December 2008, 10:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. So, it is not easy to get a 550 in Mayapuri also. And I thought that finally I found a place where I can get one easily.

Anyway, on with the search, appreciate all your help.

FK
Hi Fk,

I'd suggest you to wait till mid Jan, thats when auctions take place and new jeeps come into the market from Jammu's vehicle depot.

Randeep
Old 1st December 2008, 15:59   #50
fk7
BHPian

Thanks randeep,

I will wait till mid jan and maybe you guys can update me when they arrive..

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
So are you also looking for an army disposal. I mean, generally, in south India, the jeeps that are there, are they Army disposals or privately owned.
Hi Harjeev,

Most of the ones here are private 540s and very rarely do you see 550s.

FK
Old 1st December 2008, 16:44   #51
BHPian

What a beauty. Would love to own one like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Happened to see this Mahindra with a Renegade badging on the sides. Thought this conversion would interest you hence posting the same.

Attachment 74237
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:42   #52
fk7
BHPian

Hi All,

I think I can manage to get an army disposal from mayapuri. But the question is how can one get the same to Kerala? Can it be driven or needs to be shipped? any pointer and help is much appreciated

FK
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I think I can manage to get an army disposal from mayapuri. But the question is how can one get the same to Kerala? Can it be driven or needs to be shipped? any pointer and help is much appreciated

FK
FK,

The jeep can be driven provided you get the enging running that is by paying extra. Else when you come to buy the vehicle, you can on the very same day get the jeep loaded in the truck and have the same sent to Kerala.

Regards,

Randeep
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

FK
Hi FK7,

If you have a budjet of 2.5 lakhs, there are 2 excellent and well maintained 550's for sale in Delhi. Both jeeps are from military and completely restored now using for only OTRs

tks/sadiq.
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi FK7,

If you have a budjet of 2.5 lakhs, there are 2 excellent and well maintained 550's for sale in Delhi. Both jeeps are from military and completely restored now using for only OTRs

tks/sadiq.
Can you give us more information on these? Who to contact? Pictures? URL?....anything?
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi FK7,

tks/sadiq.
hey salikt
Are you talking of the two jeeps owned by two NIOC members?
Old 3rd December 2008, 00:23   #57
BHPian

Quote:
hey salikt
Are you talking of the two jeeps owned by two NIOC members?
Hi Harjeev,

Yup. You are right! Laxman and Pushkin has willing to dispose it. I think one more there for sale. Don't remember his name. They are asking only whatever they spend on it.

tks/sali
Old 3rd December 2008, 05:44   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Harjeev,

Yup. You are right! Laxman and Pushkin has willing to dispose it. I think one more there for sale. Don't remember his name. They are asking only whatever they spend on it.

tks/sali
Hi Salkit,

Do you have more info on the 3rd guy who is selling his Jeep. I mean what specification, details , Model etc.
I am on the lookout for one a MM 550 4x4 post 1999 for myself but dont want to spend 2.5 L. My budget is 1.25-1.50 and even if the asking price was about 1.75-2.00 I could have streched it a little, to but 2.50 is very much outside my comfort zone considering there would another 40-50K that I could be spending in the next 6-8 months for the modificatins as per my likings.

@ randeep:
How are the restoration modifications comming up. Please update. I am more interested on the mechnical overhaul, parts installed etc
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Salkit,

Do you have more info on the 3rd guy who is selling his Jeep. I mean what specification, details , Model etc.
I am on the lookout for one a MM 550 4x4 post 1999 for myself but dont want to spend 2.5 L. My budget is 1.25-1.50 and even if the asking price was about 1.75-2.00 I could have streched it a little, to but 2.50 is very much outside my comfort zone considering there would another 40-50K that I could be spending in the next 6-8 months for the modificatins as per my likings.

@ randeep:
How are the restoration modifications comming up. Please update. I am more interested on the mechnical overhaul, parts installed etc
Hi Harjeev,

As of now i have not been able to visit Jaipur, but would be going around the third week.

Will click pics and update you guys

Cheers

Randeep
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:26   #60
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Why am i not able to upload a profile picture. When i do upload the reply comes saying failed to upload picture.

Regards,

Randeep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks