Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 11:34   #1141

re: All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfreak View Post
Hello Everyone,

After staying away from t-Bhp for almost a year, i thought i will put up pics of my Jeep that underwent a complete transformation, List of modification that was carried out in my 1970 Cj3B:
=======
Unlike my other jeep this one is a very sober looking yet has all the attributes of a JEEP.

Regards,

Fahad
Nicely done Jeep . Can I also know how the doors are done please? Thanks.
Old 21st December 2011, 17:44   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_4_Jeep View Post
Nicely done Jeep . Can I also know how the doors are done please? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
You are welcome, you jeep deserves the best comments. I really fell in love with the way it is done, the shade, I could feel the attention you must have given on it, the way the jerry can is fixed without the strap, antenna (which brand), number plate, JEEP diesel monogram on the front etc, good ones the best part are the doors, can I request the pics of how is it stitched and fixed .

Is it running on a 4 speed 4X4 gear box ? if so did you not feel that "an extra gear required feel" mine is a Willys 3 speed mated to 97 PEUGEOT engine and I go through that feel every day and esp when on long drives.
Thanks again i will be uploading more pics today of doors, interiors, engine bay etc, i have clicked from my cell phone. Yes it is running on 4 speed 4x4 gb, and yes the engine starts to shout beyond 100 kmph, but then its a jeep we are not suppose to do these speeds in it. I am still looking for a ngt gb, found a few they were asking for a hand and leg one guy even asked me 70 k. however its not that bad since i did almost 2000 km at a stretch without any dis comfort the doors definitely helps me out on long drives at least. if you are looking for a more silent set up in ur peugeot engine with is gb, u might need to consider changing the ratio of your crown wheel pinnion, no expert here but i have driven a few jeeps with 9/44 and 11/47 setup and they were relatively much smoother.

Regards,

Fahad
Old 21st December 2011, 18:17   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Thats a job well done, indeed a sober looking but purposeful jeep. Though it would have looked even better in the shorter wheelbase form. The soft doors have come out really neat. Where did you get that done?

Thanks Kandisa, personally even i love shorter wheelbase, but accomodating a di turbo on a short wheelbase could have been a risky business, also i was all set to go for a 5 speed gb, unfortunately couldnt find one. i had to extend this cj3b with a very heavy heart. softdoors frame were picked up from a scrap dealer and i was told its from a Mahindra classic, i had to do the canvas work done back in bhopal.
Old 21st December 2011, 18:38   #1144
BHPian

Apologies for the quality of pics, i am one of the worst photographer, but for now this is all i have.. may be ill get a photo session done for my jeep
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo1.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo2.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo3.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo5.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo4.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo6.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo7.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo9.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo10.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-photo11.jpg  

Attached Images

Jeepfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 21:22   #1145
BHPian

Hi All, posting pics of my thar, bought in July this year. Changed the rear benches to double folding forward facing seats last week.
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-img_7166.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-img_7169.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-img_7171.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-img_7174.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-img_7176.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-img_7180.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-img_7183.jpg  

nitin_80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:15   #1146

Quote:
Thanks Kandisa, personally even i love shorter wheelbase, but accomodating a di turbo on a short wheelbase could have been a risky business, also i was all set to go for a 5 speed gb, unfortunately couldnt find one. i had to extend this cj3b with a very heavy heart. softdoors frame were picked up from a scrap dealer and i was told its from a Mahindra classic, i had to do the canvas work done back in bhopal.
Thanks for the info on the soft doors. The door pair is missing on my Classic and I was looking out for some gyan to fabricate the same. Now that your doors are also from a classic,
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:37   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_4_Jeep View Post
Thanks for the info on the soft doors. The door pair is missing on my Classic and I was looking out for some gyan to fabricate the same. Now that your doors are also from a classic,
Since you are in bangalore, you can catch hold of any good fabricator and i can come along and he can have a look at my doors and fabricate the same. Infact in my other jeep i have the doors made much better using a square pipe and its really sterdy as well .. these are a little delicate. Also, i have read somewhere in this forum that some in bombay has the entire setup of classic canvas for 15 k, you can check if he can just give you the doors
Jeepfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:02   #1148

Quote:
Since you are in bangalore, you can catch hold of any good fabricator and i can come along and he can have a look at my doors and fabricate the same. Infact in my other jeep i have the doors made much better using a square pipe and its really sterdy as well .. these are a little delicate. Also, i have read somewhere in this forum that some in bombay has the entire setup of classic canvas for 15 k, you can check if he can just give you the doors
Many Thanks. Much appreciated (But your location shows Delhi, though). I am currently out of the country. It would be really helpful if you can throw some more light on the square pipe fabrication. I am sure it will help many

I have also read about sourcing canvas from bombay; I reckon it was in Trammway's or GTO's thread. But I always thought/think this can be made without much difficulty but just need a prototype to go about fabricating it.
Old 5th January 2012, 01:54   #1149
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
A CJ3B from my in-laws estate that was put to Pasture

Ever heard of a horse "being put out to pasture" when it gets too old to work. This CJ3B was put to pasture after years of hard work in our estates..
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-cj3brip1.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-cj3brip2.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-cj3brip3.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-cj3brip4.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-cj3brip5.jpg  

Old 5th January 2012, 04:10   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tini,

The camouflage paint scheme is very effective. Lots of options here, you could restore it or harvest it, for example.
DirtyDan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 21:25   #1151
BHPian

It is saddening to see the condition of an excellent machine. 4x4 Addict, you being a hardcore Jeeper, why leave him there to a slow death? Why are you not thinking of a restoration?
Old 6th January 2012, 00:22   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Re: A CJ3B from my in-laws estate that was put to Pasture

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Ever heard of a horse "being put out to pasture" when it gets too old to work. This CJ3B was put to pasture after years of hard work in our estates..
This is unbelievable . I always thought that these type of pics were only there on Facebook. Are you trying to return to nature something we dearly love. the big sacrifice.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:44   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
It is saddening to see the condition of an excellent machine. 4x4 Addict, you being a hardcore Jeeper, why leave him there to a slow death? Why are you not thinking of a restoration?
Don't you think this is too late to restore that jeep? I mean the condition of the vehicle doesn't inspire any kind of confidence that it can be restored back to life properly, unless someone is supremely determined to take the plunge!!
Old 8th January 2012, 15:21   #1154
BHPian

A very happy belated new year to all T-BHPians.
Its been a while since I've posted anything here .. So here goes . My baby, 40K+ Kms done and we're still going strong. Only Major headaches given by her are clutch cable snapping (4 times till date) and starter motor . Almost bought a Thar and get rid of her but it never happened (thank goodness). She stole my heart and still has it .
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-jeep111.jpg  

Old 8th January 2012, 17:44   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Dear Brother,

I couldn't resist myself asking the same to you !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks