Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 10:14   #121
BHPian

Fwh

Thanks jaggu dada, your words are inspiration to me.

Spike buddy,
After having all my funds siphoned off my M&M where's the question of any more investment on my 3B. Am waiting for my next salary pack so that i can get those installed. Then there's the windscreen change since the old glass is all scratched up. The rubber beading around it has gaps which also need to be addressed.
Am waiting for the 1st of june friend.

Regards,

atul
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-p5120139.jpg  

Old 14th May 2010, 12:40   #122
BHPian

Congratulations Great Looking JEEP

Is There a little color change on the Bonnet ??
Old 14th May 2010, 23:57   #123
BHPian

Colour Change

$Sreejeshmp
When you pointed it out i also thought the same but maybe it was because of the setting sun angle. will only be able to confirm it when i next see my jeep. But you do have a great eye for detail buddy.

atul
Old 15th May 2010, 00:11   #124
BHPian

Your CJ has turned out real nice, Atul.
Would love to see it someday in flesh.

Cheers
Vaibhav
Old 15th May 2010, 00:32   #125
BHPian

Thanks vaibhav.
why not. maybe i can plan an outing to shimla. only the wheather in the plains is currently impractical for a jeep doing a long outing.

atul
Old 15th May 2010, 00:42   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Either i am too fussy, or purely unlucky. I just hope the gathered clouds blow away soon bringing some good luck finally.

Regards

Niether bro !! You have just been had,..for your money and peace of mind,..just like another fellow petrol jeeper,..uumm ME

A-V-O-I-D,..those A.S.S who cant look past their smokey diesels man !

Last edited by Torque-ative : 15th May 2010 at 00:48.
Old 15th May 2010, 16:19   #127
BHPian

hi atul ,
was very caught up in the last few days so couldnt get back to you.
congrats on finally getting it up and about , itwas a pleasure to meet you and even more to hear you so excited up after your test ride.
there were a few things i noticed that you need to get done , in due course of time, as of now get it, drive it , and love it .
after me and harjeev you are the 3rd cj3b guy to have been rescued by nirankar and gang at classic, it keeps him also in sync with the 3b work.
your idea of the spare wheel mount cover got me thinking that we can get about 10 or maybe 20 odd such screen printed to get the costs down and i feel there would be enough guys here who would want a thing like that .
cheers
sharat
Old 30th May 2010, 13:41   #128
BHPian

I'm home

Buddies, the jeep finally reached my house on 21/05 evening. have been using it regularly ever since for commuting to office. have managed to do in more than 400kms in the last one week. the new larger radiator core seemed to have done the trick. even on tuesday when we at delhi recorded 46+deg C my jeep managed 80deg normal cruising and badarpur jam for 30 minutes at 7pm only took it upto 90-92.... Once got quite a scare on wednesday evening when while coming back there was a sudden loss of power and those dismal vibrations crept...thought that one of the cylinders had packed in again. Classic motors were supportive enough to send their team on thursday morning to check out my vehicle. It was a fouled and badly choked spark plug and also cables to the distributor requiring tightening. no sweat after that (touchwood) and since then i have been enjoying drives whenever i get a chance to get behind the wheel. as suggested by doctor i have been maintaing speeds of 35-38 and occassionally upto 45 (only during overtaking cycle rickshaws since everything else including autos are quicker). But the engine's a gem...humming at 38kmph in 3rd... posting some snaps which i took the. The last ones for comparing technology 55 years apart. The 1952-53 tech cj3b and the 2007 fiesta.

atul
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-p5230002.jpg  

Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-p5230004.jpg  

Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-p5230005.jpg  

Last edited by ATUL SINGH : 30th May 2010 at 13:43. Reason: wrong date
Old 1st June 2010, 15:16   #129
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Atul,
Finally your efforts have paid off. Classic seem to have kept their promise and 400 kms in the melting heat of the past 10 days seems to have given its verdict. Congrats again.

You are right the engine surely is a gem, and it being a 55-60 year old technology the only thing worries me is the fuel pump heating in the summers. Those indian UACL electric pumps are ok but they seem to pack up sooner or later. If I find a reliable replacement today I would change it in a heartbeat. Other than that I can safely say there is no better engine than the 2.2 hurricane.

Congrats and keep jeeping
Cheers
Old 17th October 2010, 09:59   #130
BHPian

Long Range Test Report.

Sorry guys for not chipping in in the last few months.
have completed more than 5500kms on my CJ3B and am still wonderstruck with the simplicity of this machine.
at present trying to salvage a 1969 CJ3B, an MM540, A CJ500D and a maruti gypsy from being sold off as scrap from the railway scrap yard. trying to convince people to release it to the National Rail Museum so that i can get them restored and displayed as exhibits there. will be writing about my experience with my CJ3B during the last monsoons soon...

atul
Old 18th October 2010, 09:27   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Sorry guys for not chipping in in the last few months.
have completed more than 5500kms on my CJ3B and am still wonderstruck with the simplicity of this machine.
at present trying to salvage a 1969 CJ3B, an MM540, A CJ500D and a maruti gypsy from being sold off as scrap from the railway scrap yard. trying to convince people to release it to the National Rail Museum so that i can get them restored and displayed as exhibits there. will be writing about my experience with my CJ3B during the last monsoons soon...

atul
Thats great Atul
My Gosh 5500 kms and you don't even have you vehicle for a year now. I have my CJ3B for over a year and a half and I've driven it only for 3.2k kms.

Will be calling you in a couple of days to catch up
Cheers
Old 18th October 2010, 09:54   #132
BHPian

Atulji,

It is good to hear that you are finally enjoying the fruit of your hard labour of love and patience. I am sure you will enjoy the 3B for many more years to come.

Regards

Jasvinder
Old 18th March 2011, 22:50   #133
BHPian

Re: Jeep from Yamuna Nagar

Completed 8500kms on my 3B a couple of days back. If i had time to write a long term report i would actually utilise it to drive to the workshop to get the gremlins removed. Body noise has increased and the thrashiness of the engine is erratic. At times its silky smooth and at times it feels like its going to pack up. However every time i drive to Classic motors/Noida the jeep behaves impeccably while its out there. am getting 6.5 kms/lit in normal delhi rush hour traffic. In terms of speed have taken it upto an indicated 88kmph on the DND flyway. It now needs a paint job badly specially in the rust prone areas like the under body, mudguards, rear wheel arches, etc. have been using the jeep lately as my primary vehicle since the 800 and versa have packed up. But inspite of all the hiccups i still would'nt trade it for any other car. will try to upload some current snaps next time.

atul
Old 16th April 2011, 11:11   #134
BHPian

COMPLETED 9000KMS ON 10th April, 2011. Not the best but still my most preferred vehicle. OOdles of road presence in a subtle sort of way.

atul
Old 10th July 2011, 11:51   #135
BHPian

9597...THATS ALMOST 9600km and my 3b chugs along. It has been one of the most involving and demanding of assiciations - from both our sides mind you. The 3B with its strong character, and me not willing to get bogged down by its idiosyncrasies...be it the instance when i drove through knee deep water and got bogged down with water in the distributor to it simply stalling and refusing to start- because of muck in the petrol filter (the petrol tank inner lining or paint or whatever simpling doing the job). Its almost time for some major overhauls since there's a lot of squeaking and squeeling everytime i drive from the suspension, and the gearbox and to add to it lots and lots of body noise.
Meanwhile there's some additional info for 3B buffs. Managed to get approval for salvaging the 1969 RHD 3B from the railway scrap yard and am looking forward to the rebuild. This will be the 2nd road vehicle in the Rail museum collection after the 1914 Morris Fire Engine.

Atul
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-img_2529.jpg  

Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-img_2528.jpg  

Jeep from Yamuna Nagar-img_2530.jpg  

Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks