Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 00:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Dear Friends,
Here i am, starting my first thread on Team BHP. It is the story of me owning my new Gypsy (Purchased on 11 October 2009).
Before i start with my report, I would like to thank several members here who’ve helped me with this.
  • Team BHP – If not for this site, I would have just continued to drool over Jeeps & Gypsies whenever I used to see them on the roads. Because of this site, I am living my dream today by owning and driving a Gypsy! Thank you so much to all the members for contributing to this forum and sharing knowledge/information for everybody’s benefit and to those people who started with this initiative.
  • Shakir (Sha) & Vijay (Swastikviji) – They were really kind to answer all my PMs and questions. When parents start posing so many questions about the practicality of a Gypsy, it was their PMs that used to bring back my confidence.
  • Rossi (Rossi) & Sawyer (Sawyer) – I guess, I was lucky that Rossi and Sawyer bought their Gypsies about a month before I decided. Thank you so much for starting those threads and gathering so much information. Every question that I had in mind was always answered in your threads.
  • Wanderhermit (Wanderhermit) – For giving me a contact person in Maruti @ Delhi. This contact person of Wanderhermit helped me so much. He gave me a contact in Maruti, Bangalore and it was these guys who actually helped in speeding up the delivery.
  • 4X4 & Off-Roading Forum members – It was all your discussions that I read and learnt about Jeeps and Gypsies. It was all your pictures that I saw and decided that I should pursue my dream.
So, thank you so much guys. You all are wonderful.

Cheers,
Deepak

To be Contd....
starter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2009, 00:07   #2
BHPian

let me be the first to congratulate you on your KING size buy pal!! pictures pleasee!!

Last edited by raamki : 8th November 2009 at 00:10. Reason: typo
Old 8th November 2009, 00:31   #3
BHPian

Hey congratulations on your purchase, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Pictures, ownership experience, upgrades, OTR trips are eagerly awaited.
Old 8th November 2009, 08:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

congrats @starter. please post pics of the king...
Old 8th November 2009, 08:45   #5
BHPian

way to go bro! once u go the gypsy way there is no going back!

welcome to this exclusive club!
Old 8th November 2009, 08:52   #6
Team-BHP Support

Congrats! Like to know about buying process as they don't display Gypsy in showroom any more. Please give us a detail report on that.
Old 8th November 2009, 11:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Stater on the purchase! I'm guessing it is a white coloured Soft Top.

Off late I can see a lot of people going for the Gypsy. I hope that makes MUL sit up and take notice and may be incorporate some improvements in the Gypsy
Old 8th November 2009, 11:19   #8
Sha
BHPian

Congrats buddy for new Gypsy, Red color looks too good. Join OTR's you will know what Gypsy is made for.
Old 8th November 2009, 11:23   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Starter, good to see this thread and as mentioned by Cougar: welcome to this exclusive club. Nothing better than a new gypsy.

Look forward to seeing your Gypsy in action soon.

Good to see the Gypsy population increasing every month :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Congrats! Like to know about buying process as they don't display Gypsy in showroom any more. Please give us a detail report on that.
. Do put up a detaild note on the complete buying experience with the dealers, booking time/amount, loans (if any), time for delivery, free goodies, landing cost, etc etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats Stater on the purchase! I'm guessing it is a white coloured Soft Top...
It is a RED. One of the best looking color on a Gypsy.
Old 8th November 2009, 14:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Dear Raamki, BlackPearl and COUGAR,
I shall definitely upload a lot of pictures: interior, exterior and everything else. Thank you so much for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Dear Rudra Sir,
I shall definitely write about my buying experience. It was really something that i would love to share here. Very true about no display/test drive vehicle. Actually Rudra Sir, you cannot even choose the colour you want . Thanks a lot for your wishes. I shall show it to you in one of the OTRs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats Stater on the purchase! I'm guessing it is a white coloured Soft Top.

Off late I can see a lot of people going for the Gypsy. I hope that makes MUL sit up and take notice and may be incorporate some improvements in the Gypsy
Dear MileCruncher,
As Shahnawaz has already mentioned, it is a Red colored Gypsy with a Hard Top. Honestly, i am happy that MUL is atleast delivering Gypsies for those who are interested. Definitely, its time they sit up and take notice. I was reading about your eventful trip with HVK. Thanks a lot for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Congrats buddy for new Gypsy, Red color looks too good. Join OTR's you will know what Gypsy is made for.
Hey Shakir,
Thank you so much buddy, for everything! I shall definitely join you all, maybe on a soft OTR track to start with..

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Look forward to seeing your Gypsy in action soon.
. Do put up a detaild note on the complete buying experience with the dealers, booking time/amount, loans (if any), time for delivery, free goodies, landing cost, etc etc..
Dear Shahnawaz,
We all missed you in the pearl valley OTR. Maybe, we meet in the next OTR. I shall definitely include all the details in this thread Khan.
Thanks a lot for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Hey congratulations on your purchase, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Pictures, ownership experience, upgrades, OTR trips are eagerly awaited.
Dear Maglev,
Thanks for your wishes. Will definitely keep this thread up-to-date.

Cheers Everybody,
Deepak
Old 8th November 2009, 14:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Part 2: Flashback

OK, before i start the story, a short flashback....
The car i owned before buying a Gypsy was a Ford Fusion +, 1.6 Liter petrol, Silver Colour. This was the first car in our family. It was a brilliant car and i had kept it in almost showroom condition. We hardly used it inside city. We have done some really long trips in the car, like Goa, Munnar and almost everywhere around Karnataka. Driven it on highways, bad roads, no roads at all (soft off the road), in the day, all through the night. It never let us down, infact, not even a puncture. And it isn't just me, my wife, and my parents, everybody were in love with the car.

Some pictures of our lovely car....

Coming to the down side, not really with the car, but with Ford, was the availability of spares. I was in need of some spares like power steering belt (rat problems) and some cosmetic parts, and it was never readily available. When it is made available by the showroom, you would literally swoon looking at the price.

Reason for selling away my car:
As already mentioned, the spares problem.
Another reason being wifey wanted to learn and start driving, but was not comfortable with Fusion since it's a little big and since it would be expensive to maintain.
Last but not the least, my dream of owning a simple, no drama and ready to go anywhere vehicle (Jeep/Gypsy).

For all these reasons, i decided to give away my Fusion and buy a Gypsy for myself. Wifey was ok with it and she decided to buy an Alto. Parents were super happy listening to my wifey's plan, but when they heard mine, hell broke loose at home. After some hundred discussions and convincing sessions, i made sure that mom, pop were ok with the plan. I gave away my fusion as exchange to Alto at Sagar's True Value center.

PS: Sorry for not uploading the pictures yet. I want to do it along with the log. So, just a glimpse of it, you could see it here <http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1530070-post409.html>

Cheers Everybody,
Deepak

To be Contd....

PIC1: On the way to Munnar (early this year)
PIC2: In Coorg, my little steps with Off Roading
Attached Thumbnails
Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms-fusion_01.jpg  

Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms-fusion_02.jpg  

Old 8th November 2009, 14:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

@starter: Congrats on your buy ! Not everyone is gifted to own a brand new gypsy ! Please post some pics (a red gypsy will look smashing to say the least!) and your buying experience. How long was the wait and how much was the on-road price?
Old 8th November 2009, 14:41   #13
BANNED

Great Man ! you are living your dream and that not possible by everyone

Pics please
Old 8th November 2009, 14:56   #14
BHPian

Congratulations Friend. Nice purchase. Fantastic Machine. A small report on buying experience please. Looks great in red. Post some interior and exterior pics friend. What's the on-road price??

Enjoy, Drive Safe.
Old 8th November 2009, 18:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

The report!

Congrats Starter on the buy! (once again)

Am looking forward to the buying experience.

The Fusion looks great and in very good condition.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks