Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2010, 13:30   #121
BANNED

FYI although the Gyspy website says G13BB, but the showroom sales man told me it is 85bhp 1200cc. He is certain that BSIV has to be a K series engine. Likewise the Sales Manager of Maruti is quiet certain that there is no option for BSIV but K series.

This will have to be the K12M engine is the current Swift as the specs match it. Any thoughts about low end torque and how this engine will suit the Gyspy?

Also FYI I booked mine earlier this month.

Thanks
Old 18th October 2010, 08:51   #122
Senior - BHPian

Tweaked 1.3 Liter engine to conform to BS-IV specs. It is not a K-Series engine as the police/army cannot afford to re-tool and re-stock their entire workshop and spares for a new engine.

Good news is that the vehicle conforms to BS-IV without any noticeable drop in it's already sub-par engine performance. So it will drive just like the BS-III Gypsy but it may sound a bit different thanks to a different cat-con and exhaust muffler.
Old 19th October 2010, 07:34   #123
BHPian

"life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you are gonna get...."

guess we will have to wait for the delivery of your monster for this mystery to be solved...
Old 19th October 2010, 07:44   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
"life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you are gonna get...."

guess we will have to wait for the delivery of your monster for this mystery to be solved...
Has the dealer given any time frame for delivery or its an endless wait.
Old 26th July 2017, 17:47   #125
BHPian

Gypsy not being made anymore ?

Made a call to a local Maruti dealer here in chennai inquiring on the current price of Maruti Gypsy. Was told they aren't taking any new orders for the Gypsy and that they've stopped making them ? I thought they were still being made.

Figured folks here on the forum would have better info on the same
Old 1st August 2017, 01:53   #126
BHPian

Re: Gypsy not being made anymore ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
... Was told they aren't taking any new orders for the Gypsy and that they've stopped making them ? I thought they were still being made...
Earlier in the day checked with the Dealership I bought my Gypsy from, as per them the Gypsy is very much still in production; infact they have one readily available with them.
SwapnilNalavade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 07:51   #127
BHPian

Re: Gypsy not being made anymore ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwapnilNalavade View Post
Earlier in the day checked with the Dealership I bought my Gypsy from, as per them the Gypsy is very much still in production; infact they have one readily available with them.
The dealer i checked with & who replied in the negative was Khivraj Motors in chennai. I later called ABT Motors also in chennai who confirmed they would be able to take an order for a Gypsy, but would take a maximum of 45 days to deliver one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks