Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 09:16   #46
BHPian

@Amar: thats what all dealers have been saying for a decade now!

what they mean is that new white gypsies will be available immediately ex-stock. any other color will take longer: like in my case close to a year!
Old 4th February 2010, 21:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
like in my case close to a year!
yikes !! thats too long a time !!
Old 6th February 2010, 07:28   #48
BHPian

If I must admit, I am a die hard Gypsy fan. However the deterrent till date has been availability and financing terms. Can anyone guide me if it is available at any of the dealerships in/around Delhi or Mohali and how about getting it financed? Can I get a car loan for Gypsy, well otherwise it sounds a distant dream.
Old 6th February 2010, 10:08   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajender View Post
If I must admit, I am a die hard Gypsy fan. However the deterrent till date has been availability and financing terms. Can anyone guide me if it is available at any of the dealerships in/around Delhi or Mohali and how about getting it financed? Can I get a car loan for Gypsy, well otherwise it sounds a distant dream.
Yes you can get a car loan for Gypsy.

In/around Mohali check with Berkeley and Modern in Chandigarh.

In/around Delhi check with Apra Gurgaon, Competent (they have a number of outlets in Delhi)

Most easily and readily available color will be White. In case you want a colored version you may have to wait for some months.
Old 6th February 2010, 10:52   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajender View Post
Tajender,
I have read on t-bhp that not all the bank provide financing for Gypsy. SBI is the only one if i recall correctly(I may be wrong). Its best if you can afford a new one.
Old 6th February 2010, 12:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Tajender,
I have read on t-bhp that not all the bank provide financing for Gypsy. SBI is the only one if i recall correctly(I may be wrong). Its best if you can afford a new one.
Financing options are available for the Gypsy, the only caveat being that the amount for down payment be slightly higher as compared to other cases.
Old 6th February 2010, 13:08   #52
BHPian

Hooa, lot of speculations.
Guys if you have info then let us know. Please do not speculate.
Old 6th February 2010, 14:16   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Tajender,
you do get financing for Gypsy: only problem is Citi and HDFC quoted 1 percent higher RoI for the Gypsy.

I finally went for SBI courtesy the sales guy at Sai service, JM Road who really did his research to get me the best deal. I actually got the deal at 2 percent LESS than what Citi was charging. Only condn is that while I wanted a 3 to 5 year repayment, I was offered only a 7-year option.
Old 8th February 2010, 09:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Tajender,
Banks have recently started taking a little more liberal stance towards gypsy financing. I got mine financed from HDFC in Augut 2009. 3 months prior to that they had refused to do it. So things change. Always good to ask ...

Last edited by Jeepster 4x4 : 8th February 2010 at 09:47.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:15   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
G13 --> G12 RWD BS4 package already exists on the Eeco. Its a nobrainer for Maruti to use this in the Gypsy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post
I wish MSIL does an EECO on the Gypsy... Plonk in the EECO engine, Revamp the interiors and bring in the overall length with 4.0m (Just 11mm reduction from the existing length) to avail the excise benefit and price it at 4.5 Lac (for the 4WD + Softtop base version). It will set the cash registers ringing like never before (in case of Gypsy only)...

Harshavardhan
Other than the option of removing the spare wheel, they can reduce the wheelbase. In other markets the Gypsy (Samurai/Santana) was sold in the SWB form. Otherwise why not introduce the previous generation Vitara soft top.
Attached Thumbnails
Gypsy's Fate after Bharat Stage IV-vitara.jpg  

Gypsy's Fate after Bharat Stage IV-venta1507381789.jpg  

Last edited by Live To Jive : 8th February 2010 at 10:17.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:38   #56
BHPian

i think MS should bring in the Jimny/Sidekick with all goodies as it is available internationally both in petrol and diesel provided they can get the tax advantage as per the length norms @ 5-5.5 lakhs it would be nice, we don’t have anything like that after the primitive base MM.s

check this links
Index

http://www.alrostamanigroup.com/artc...og/catalog.pdf

Last edited by bblost : 8th February 2010 at 10:54. Reason: Please do not copy paste from any editor except notepad. Font Tags were removed. Thanks
Old 8th February 2010, 12:15   #57
BHPian

Looked at the Jimny link, that would be 8+ Lakh if launched in india.
Old 9th February 2010, 01:12   #58
BHPian

what is the problem the problem with G series engine? Even the new eeco has it. If 1.2 L G series engine can be sold, why not the 1.3 L G series engine? Only the swift and the ritz have the K series engine.I belive that the gypsies will be sold with same G series engine!

Last edited by tharakan9 : 9th February 2010 at 01:13.
Old 9th February 2010, 18:04   #59
BHPian

So whats the latest update on this ? Anyone has any updates/latest info ?
Old 10th February 2010, 11:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Looked at the Jimny link, that would be 8+ Lakh if launched in india.
its OK if they meet the performance level of current Gypsy interms of OTRs and extra comfort for On road use.so as we can meet a both OTR+family vehicle in true sense

Raj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks