Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 18:25   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I asked for the cost of locks and was told approx 3000 (for 4 locks - Ignition, driver door, petrol lock and rear door). I argued saying it was not so expensive as Kaushik had mentioned approx 700 for the same. The service guy then took me to the inhouse stock store and it was confirmed as 1200 as the cost plus labour and taxes would get it till 2k. I am not sure whether changing locks cost this much. What if i buy these from MASS, Can i get it installed from outside.
He is surely taking you for a ride. I bought the lock-set 3 days ago from GAPL - Delhi's biggest MGP parts supplier for 938/- including taxes. And it does not have a lock for petrol tank lid, instead it has a lock for glove-box.

And the guy who did the tinkering on my vehicle changed these for free. It is a 15 mins job.

\N
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2010, 18:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Wow, now thats a shocker. Thanks for the update Ntomer.

Now where in Mumbai do we get MGP parts. If such is the case, then better to buy the required parts and get it installed by a trusted mech.

I think i should only learn how to change most of these things. The labour charges are driving me nuts. This way half what i plan to do will never get done.

But arent the cost of parts and labour supposed to be standard across the country? Can someone enlighten me on this.

Secondly can anyone tell me if i dismantle the hardtop, how many parts does it dismantle into. i have a buyer who wants me to send it to bangalore and i was worried whether i can transport it to bangalore in perfect condition.
Do not want the buyer to get it in broken condition. Please help. Photos of the dismantled hardtop will help

Last edited by Desmosedici : 7th March 2010 at 19:03.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:54   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I bought the lock-set 3 days ago from GAPL - Delhi's biggest MGP parts supplier for 938/- including taxes. And it does not have a lock for petrol tank lid, instead it has a lock for glove-box.

\N
hey Nitin
Can you please elaborate what GAPL stands for and if its a dealer where is it located???
Location/ phone numbers etc will be useful
Old 7th March 2010, 22:28   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
hey Nitin
Can you please elaborate what GAPL stands for and if its a dealer where is it located???
Location/ phone numbers etc will be useful
Hi Buddy,

I don't know the full form of GAPL, but they are spare parts supplier to almost all Maruti service centers in Delhi. I have been there 3-4 times and have seen people from many work-shops there, who have come to collect parts.

It is located in Okhla, Phase-I; exact address is D-23. I don't have their phone number, will get it tomorrow. Actually, my office is in D-152, hardly 500 meters from GAPL; so I just walk to them and buy whatever I need :-)

I have ordered a Gypsy part manual from them, which I will get this week. I suggest you too buy one. With the exact part number, it is much easier to order/check.

If you need any more info, just ask :-)

\N

Last edited by ntomer : 7th March 2010 at 22:34.
Old 8th March 2010, 13:24   #80
BHPian

GAPL Contact No. - 011-40506900, 32036900

\N
Old 9th March 2010, 01:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Samurai AC Installation Manual

A pal got hold of this, seems to be a very AC comprehensive setup.

Gurus, can you you please look and let us know whats the difference between these and our aftermarket fitment.

Hope i am not

.:Suzuki Download Archive:.

The PDF is 5MB hence pasting the link here.
Old 9th March 2010, 11:17   #82
Senior - BHPian

My Reply in Bold

Quote:
My Gypsy is on full clutch setting (cant move the vehicle with 3/4 clutch release) hence asked for a clutch setting, the service engineer pressed the clutch a couple of times and told me that the clutch plate is gone, cost of replacement is 7.5K. I have asked him to hold on to it.

I just changed the complete clutch setup. 3k for OEM full clutch assembly(CP, PP & Br) and 1k for labour. before that pls do the hand break test to check if the clutch needs to be changed.

He told me that cannot be done as it might make the brakes loose. This is something i didnt understand. Can someone help please.

Crap. It can be done, 15 min job again.

The cost of parts vis a vis the cost of labour is nearly the same at MASS.

Here are the approx costs.

EngineOil - Cost 1000 Labour 760
Brake Oil - Cost 250 Labour 290
Coolant - Cost 1200
Radiator Flush - Cost 450 labour 255
Throttle Body Lubrication (God knows what this is) - Cost 175 Labour 315. is this that big a task?
Injector Cleaning - Cost 348 Labour 480

The consumables cost is ok but you should pay a total labour of Max 1k for every thing put together

I asked for the cost of locks and was told approx 3000 (for 4 locks - Ignition, driver door, petrol lock and rear door). I argued saying it was not so expensive as Kaushik had mentioned approx 700 for the same. The service guy then took me to the inhouse stock store and it was confirmed as 1200 as the cost plus labour and taxes would get it till 2k. I am not sure whether changing locks cost this much. What if i buy these from MASS, Can i get it installed from outside.

Get the locks from outside, i am sure it will cost you less than 800.

Cost of painting (without the hardtop) with bodywork, rust treatment etc is 30K at MASS. This paint will be only from the outside and will not cover the engine bay etc.

If i am not wrong Devang was telling me that Maruti sells new Gypsy body(white) for 30K, isint that a better idea than getting the current one re done

Again, is this cost justified. It seems the parts are cheap but labour is where they recover their moolah from

The Gypsy will be back on Tuesday, Shall post updates then.

Get it back now and do the work outside, ill send you contacts for all the jobs.
Quote:
Now where in Mumbai do we get MGP parts. If such is the case, then better to buy the required parts and get it installed by a trusted mech.
You get them at Laxman Auto @ opera house - Auth dealer

I think i should only learn how to change most of these things. The labour charges are driving me nuts. This way half what i plan to do will never get done.

Perfect idea, spend more time at the workshop. Be sure it will help when you are stuck somewhere. My GF threatened to leave me(during the Gypsy restoration period) because i was not giving her enough time. I would go to the workshop straight from work and spend the entire weekend there from morning to evening, sometimes midnight

Secondly can anyone tell me if i dismantle the hardtop, how many parts does it dismantle into.
4 major parts(Top F & B, Side L & R) excluding the rear door frame, few more smaller support parts. What are you going to do about the glass?? Anyways taking the HT off is the best thing you can do to a Gypsy
Old 10th March 2010, 00:07   #83
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Kaushik,

you are a great help as always.

My total bill is 7950 out of which i am nearly paying 3500 as labour, maan next time i am not going to MASS for all these things.

and i didnt want to get it painted from MASS, i just inquired to check the rates, which BTW are exorbitant.
Old 10th March 2010, 00:21   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
My Reply in Bold
If i am not wrong Devang was telling me that Maruti sells new Gypsy body(white) for 30K, isint that a better idea than getting the current one re done
A Gypsy body for 30K ??? I hope you haven't misspelled it. Engine comes for 60K, that means the rest of the interiors and the chasis will turn up to around 1L. So the total cost turns out to be 1.90 L. Cool. Turns out that the Gypsy is the cheapest car in India.

How come Maruti charges 5.37L ex-showroom Delhi for the Gypsy. Frankly speaking I don't think the Gypsy body will be available in the first place (Considering Maruti takes a hell of a lot of time to deliver Complete Gypsy's), and even if it is available it would cost at least 1.5L and above.

Just my 2 cents

Regards,
Zorro4X4
Old 10th March 2010, 08:59   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro4X4 View Post
A Gypsy body for 30K ??? I hope you haven't misspelled it. Engine comes for 60K, that means the rest of the interiors and the chasis will turn up to around 1L. So the total cost turns out to be 1.90 L. Cool. Turns out that the Gypsy is the cheapest car in India.

How come Maruti charges 5.37L ex-showroom Delhi for the Gypsy. Frankly speaking I don't think the Gypsy body will be available in the first place (Considering Maruti takes a hell of a lot of time to deliver Complete Gypsy's), and even if it is available it would cost at least 1.5L and above.

Just my 2 cents

Regards,
Zorro4X4
Buddy, MPFI engine plus gear-box costs 1.85L; and body for a MPFI King costs 93K. Somewhere else on this forum, there is a list of prices of Maruti spares, check that :-)

\N
Old 10th March 2010, 12:22   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro4X4 View Post
A Gypsy body for 30K ??? I hope you haven't misspelled it. Turns out that the Gypsy is the cheapest car in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post

First, i was not very sure about the price as some one else had told me the same some time back.

I think the post from N should be an eyeopener on the costing for you. ya maruti is in business and i am sure they want to make some money on the complete cars they sell right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Buddy, MPFI engine plus gear-box costs 1.85L; and body for a MPFI King costs 93K. Somewhere else on this forum, there is a list of prices of Maruti spares, check that :-)\N
Quote:
Thanks Kaushik,

you are a great help as always.

and i didnt want to get it painted from MASS, i just inquired to check the rates, which BTW are exorbitant.
Ya i think thats a better idea. Find some good guys outside and your are done.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 10th March 2010 at 12:23.
Old 10th March 2010, 13:54   #87
BHPian

MASS is not allowed o charge like this. Insist on "WARRANTY FLAT RATES". MUL has a fixed labour charge for each and every job done. Most of the service centers do not keep to these rates. The customer can ask for the flat rates catalog at the time of billing if they think that the bill is too much!
Old 10th March 2010, 14:01   #88
BHPian

First, you have to remove the roof above the front seats. This can be done unscrewing the four brackets (eight screws). Try not to disturb the screws on the fiber part. Unscrew the screws on the windshield frame

Then you will have to remove three nuts which you will find above the B-pillar. After doing so you can remove the front roof.

Secondly, you need to take out the back door. You will have to unscrew the bolts there. Remember that there is a bolt inside that small metal plate.

Third part is the rear cabin. This can be taken out after unscrewing the bolts along the side.

Note: make sure that you dont damage the rubber beeding during the process. It is difficult to source them later.
Old 13th March 2010, 21:30   #89
Senior - BHPian

Thanks AT,

I went to Bombay Tyres at Milan Subway, cost of 215/75 r15 Yoko is 4890/-.

Cost of buyback of old tyres is 800 per tyre.

Also went to Ravi Tyres at Mahakali Caves road, Andheri Chakala. That sardar guy over there was pooh poohin the Yokos and was of the opinion that Dunlops are the best.

he didnt quote any rates 'Aap aa jaao, deal kar lenge' types.

Large elephant ear type mirrors costing 600 bucks.

please advise if the tyre rates are good, if yes then i can get those changed next week.

Also at Bombay Tyres, i saw a Alloy Wheel of PLATI Make costing 19K. Can somene advise whether these make are ok. Lenso available for 23K.
Old 14th March 2010, 00:37   #90
BHPian

Raj, better to avoid the large elephant mirrors - they'll give you quite a major blindspot near your front A-pillars.. So i've heard..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks