Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 22:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

i know Imran but thats one thing i want to try out. i had always had a liking for them.
if they do create a blindspot then i shall get it removed.
Old 16th March 2010, 08:55   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
...Large elephant ear type mirrors costing 600 bucks....
Kind of ok price. Do bargain, as these are normally available for ~400 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
Raj, better to avoid the large elephant mirrors - they'll give you quite a major blindspot near your front A-pillars.. So i've heard..
Quote:
...i had always had a liking for them.
if they do create a blindspot then i shall get it removed.
Yes, they do create a blind spot + the fact that these are "large plain mirrors" can cause confusion. Also, in OTR's these get damaged very easily (in bushy terrain) and you will not even realize where you lost them -- even if they are folded.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:13   #93
Senior - BHPian

Point noted Khan Bhai, i am planning to get both, the big ones and the normal ones as well.
Old 17th March 2010, 19:15   #94
Senior - BHPian

Got a normal side view mirror today as a make shift arrangement.

Also got new number plates made after the old ones met their fate at the Lonavala OTR.

Checked out rectangle shaped Fog Lamps under the name NEOLITES. They were priced at 650 a pair. Checked out Skoda Horn costing 550 and 700 (2 types available)
Old 17th March 2010, 23:13   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Got a normal side view mirror today as a make shift arrangement.

Also got new number plates made after the old ones met their fate at the Lonavala OTR.

Checked out rectangle shaped Fog Lamps under the name NEOLITES. They were priced at 650 a pair. Checked out Skoda Horn costing 550 and 700 (2 types available)

Lumax standard Yellow lamps with phillips 90/100 with the right kind of wiring is a cheaper, reliable & better option.

Stick to Roots windtone horn approx Rs 450.
Old 18th March 2010, 00:30   #96
Senior - BHPian

Raj - the OEM horn is really good. I was pleasantly surprised at how loud and "commanding" it sounded. Check mine out before you spend big bucks on aftermarket horns.

Also I find the stock headlights on my Gypsy to be adequate. I may require additional lights for tricky places like Leh but otherwise I won't add them as a cosmetic accessory. More stuff to get stolen.

Check out my thread for some interesting suggestions by Tejas, KSM etc.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:49   #97
Senior - BHPian

I again went out to check the tyres. 4700 seems to be the normal rate for Yoko Geo 215/75R15.

I just need those changed first.

I also spoke to a guy who deals with auto spare parts in goregaon for a pretty long time.

For ST, Seats and Bull Bar, he spoke to someone and suggested that i go to CST Road as i can get most things fitted from there. He also showed me a Hella Yellow Fog Lamp square one. didnt take the cost for it.

GS - I need the extra pair of lamps as my OE Headlights just are not adequate.
and i am waiting for you to complete your AC Setup, i shall check it and then go for the same.

Thanks Rossi. I might just scout opera house this weekend to see what all i can get.

Furthermore, a gearlock can be fitted for 1500. It will be fitted by the company guy who will come to your place and fit it. Again, forgot to ask about the company name.
Old 18th March 2010, 19:08   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I again went out to check the tyres. 4700 seems to be the normal rate for Yoko Geo 215/75R15
Factor in about 800 for your current tires. I got 5 new tires with exchange for a total of 15000 INR from Saifee in Santa Cruz. Basically Rs.3000 per tire after exchange.

Quote:
For ST, Seats and Bull Bar, he spoke to someone and suggested that i go to CST Road as i can get most things fitted from there. He also showed me a Hella Yellow Fog Lamp square one. didnt take the cost for it
I am meeting Allan tomorrow (Extremepower) to get his help. I like his bull-bar as it integrates the stock running lights and it looks fantastic.

Quote:
GS - I need the extra pair of lamps as my OE Headlights just are not adequate
My OE lights are quite adequate. Perhaps you should check and replace the reflectors and use higher output bulbs. The Philips nightbreakers consume the same power but provide brighter output and they are installed on my Superbike as well. I am ordering the nightbreakers for the Gypsy as well.

Quote:
and i am waiting for you to complete your AC Setup, i shall check it and then go for the same.
If you are lukka tomorrow, meet me at Mahim and we'll check the progress on mine as well. Planning to meet Allan tomorrow to check out seats, bull-bar, rear flooring and cabin-divider etc.

Quote:
Furthermore, a gearlock can be fitted for 1500. It will be fitted by the company guy who will come to your place and fit it. Again, forgot to ask about the company name.
Last I heard was that Xenos doesn't have gearlocks for the Gypsy. This is a MUST have accessory so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it will be great. I DO NOT WANT my Gypsy stolen.

OFF TOPIC:

Download the manual here:http://www.filestube.com/024a604128b...al-Haynes.html

Last edited by gsferrari : 18th March 2010 at 19:15.
Old 18th March 2010, 22:07   #99
Senior - BHPian

i shall get details about the gear lock on sat.

Not lukka tomorrow as off to work after a 2 day leave.

Allan can get those bumper set done, he said an approx of 14k for that.

Philips Nightbreakers, need to check that out.

Let me know if you wanna scout around Opera House on saturday.
Old 20th March 2010, 09:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I am meeting Allan tomorrow (Extremepower) to get his help. I like his bull-bar as it integrates the stock running lights and it looks fantastic.
Quote:
Allan can get those bumper set done, he said an approx of 14k for that.
Hi gsferrari & Desmosedici

Can you post a link or the picture of the bullbar/ bumper

I am thinking of maybe procuring a off-road bumper for my Gypsy, later than sooner, so am considering all option.
tks
Old 21st March 2010, 13:31   #101
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev,

check out Xtreme Power's Blue Gypsy, GS is talking about those front bumpers.
Old 24th March 2010, 23:23   #102
Senior - BHPian

Alternate AC Setup for a Gypsy

I heard from a friend that a guy in his village down south has retrofitted a bolero with an AC.

That guy has attached an electric motor (0.5HP) to power the compressor and a 12V dry battery to power the electric motor and also attached it to the alternator.

This setup does not sap the engine of its power when the AC is switched on.

My question is has anyone spotted a similar setup in any vehicle.

Can this be done on a Gypsy, i feel there is a lot of space in the engine bay towards the right side but not really sure whether an additional motor and battery can be fitted and whether this is a good option.

Gurus, please help

OffTopic - Need a Classic for my friend, please contact me if available.
Old 24th March 2010, 23:55   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard from a friend that a guy in his village down south has retrofitted a bolero with an AC. That guy has attached an electric motor (0.5HP) to power the compressor and a 12V dry battery to power the electric motor and also attached it to the alternator. This setup does not sap the engine of its power when the AC is switched on
This is not required at all. Just drive around in Imran's gypsy with the AC on and you will understand what I am talking about. No need to come up with a complicated solution for a simple problem.

Just get the Subros 80cc installed if you are looking for quick, cheap and easy. It works great in Imran's car...no reason why, with better insulation and the hard top, it won't work as well or better in yours.
Old 25th March 2010, 00:14   #104
Senior - BHPian

i am more worried about the gypsy enegine heating up as many have experienced it and it is my only drive so i will be using it as my daily car and i do not wish to experience any suh problems post installation hence was thinking whether this would be a viable solution.
Old 25th March 2010, 00:34   #105
BHPian

Raj, the simpler you keep the gypsy, the less prone it will be to breaking down.

When I drive on city roads in the afternoon sun, my temperature needle barely crosses the 1/4 mark.. Even during the OTR, my ac was on most of the time, and then too, the temp needle barely rose above the half mark.

I really feel, that it is ok to spend a little extra, and ensure that the work is done by someone reputed.. More so in your case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks