Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 14:30   #46
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Maybe even get two Y connectors installed to make it inline but parallel circuits
This is exactly what I want to do. Once I find a non return valve then will route the pipeline this way.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:46   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Once I find a non return valve then will route the pipeline this way.
How is a non-return valve different than a regular valve? Aren't they same?
Old 16th March 2010, 14:47   #48
Team-BHP Support

Air horn Y connectors might just workout
Old 16th March 2010, 15:16   #49
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How is a non-return valve different than a regular valve? Aren't they same?
Quote:
Air horn Y connectors might just workout
You get Y connectors. Problem is unless you fit a non return valve the electric pump when in parallel line to the mechanical will pump in a loop with fuel going back to the tank. To prevent this from happening, in the main mechanical fuel pump line, before the point where the electric's output meets the line, you need a one way or non return valve.

Last edited by DKG : 16th March 2010 at 15:18.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:32   #50
Team-BHP Support

Yup but wiper washer has these one way valves. It has metal balls and springs which are corrosive, that's the only problem. Let me see for now I'll connect in series with manual switch.
Old 16th March 2010, 18:48   #51
BHPian

Jaggu

It was good to meet you and your Jeep today. The Jeep is surely in a great shape. From the looks of it, it should be back on the road (Oops I mean Off the road ) in no time. The color too looks neat on it.

Hope to catch up with you soon.

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 17th March 2010, 10:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Right now my idea is to put her under the body, close to fuel tank with a filter before. This will go direct to mechanical pump. Powering up will be by a separate switch to control the usage only when required
Hi Jaggu,

Here are the pictures which is basically what you intend to do. Filter -> Electronic Fuel Pump -> Manual Fuel Pump -> Carb in series.
Attached Thumbnails
Got Jeep! CJ3B Hurricane.-p1011488.jpg  

Got Jeep! CJ3B Hurricane.-p1011489.jpg  

Old 17th March 2010, 12:37   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Cheta, take care of your swift as wel. it wil feel lonely from now onwards. but now on you can never feel lonely on any weekends or whenever there is no work or nothing to do. The JEEP will keep you busy.

@Archit: dude from now on you will be noticing your ex where ever you go in your gypsy
I agree with both of Star_Aqua's points. Weekends it will definitely keep you busy whether you want it to or not.

I am already seeing a lot of jeeps around me when i am driving in the gypsy
Old 17th March 2010, 15:53   #54
BHPian

hi, congrats on your new jeep. its a pleasure to drive a 3b, soon you would find it difficult to manage in your swift, thats what happened to me, havent cranked my car since long now.
the arrangement in my jeep for the electronic fuel pump is that its in series with the mechanical one, mounted such that the pipes remain horizontal , its mounted on the firtewall close to air opening made by me near the mechanical punp level, and its connected to a switch put under my steering to be switched on when needed. this set up has worked fabulously over the bad delhi heat as well , though i hardly remember having to use my electronic fuel pump in the first place .
points to be kept in mind : dont mount it too high or else you disturb the normal flow, keep it as away from the engine block, keep the pipes horixontal and make a vent for air to come freely to your mechanical fuel pump as well.
also keep the coil away from the block

happy jeeping
sharat
Old 17th March 2010, 16:01   #55
BHPian

Congrats Jaggu on your CJ3B.

Cheers
Sunil
Old 17th March 2010, 16:08   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
Jaggu

It was good to meet you and your Jeep today.
==================
Cheers

Nishanth
Likewise Nishanth. Your jeep just blows my jeep off when it comes to preparations though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbanavar View Post
Hi Jaggu,

Here are the pictures which is basically what you intend to do. Filter -> Electronic Fuel Pump -> Manual Fuel Pump -> Carb in series.
Thanks i was thinking ill mount it on the body instead of the chassis. Otherwise precisely the set up i have in mind Anyways good that you posted the pictures, now i can show this and explain better to my mech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archit_ag View Post
I agree with both of Star_Aqua's points. Weekends it will definitely keep you busy whether you want it to or not.

I am already seeing a lot of jeeps around me when i am driving in the gypsy
Too early to say Archit, too early to say. The mechanical build has just started, then the stabilization phase which will go on atleast for a year or so. Then i should have better control on the garage visits

When you really miss the jeep, just give a call to take it for a spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfreak View Post
points to be kept in mind : dont mount it too high or else you disturb the normal flow, keep it as away from the engine block, keep the pipes horixontal and make a vent for air to come freely to your mechanical fuel pump as well.
also keep the coil away from the block

happy jeeping
sharat
Thanks Sharat, you meant for cooling the mech pump, by the underlined part right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisunil View Post
Congrats Jaggu on your CJ3B.

Cheers
Sunil
Thanks Sunil.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th March 2010 at 16:11.
Old 17th March 2010, 19:27   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Simply fantastic buy, Jaggu! Remember : You buy a Jeep once, and then keep building her forever . No resale, ok? Congratulations.

As we spoke earlier, you need to get the roll-over bar & seatbelts installed. Top priority.
Old 17th March 2010, 21:36   #58
Team-BHP Support

Yes sire, i plan to do it soon. Only confusion is, if should go for a lap belt till i upgrade the front seats to proper bucket set up? for the shoulder belts. It will spoil the look, but do i care about that he he.
Old 17th March 2010, 21:45   #59
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfreak View Post
this set up has worked fabulously over the bad delhi heat as well , though i hardly remember having to use my electronic fuel pump in the first place.
You mean your mechanical pump doesn't fail despite summer?

Quote:
make a vent for air to come freely to your mechanical fuel pump as well.
To prevent radiator heat from being blown directly onto the fuel pump I am toying with the idea of a vent from under the radiator to blow cool (well relatively compared to the hot blast from the radiator and fan) air onto the fuel pump. Not sure if it works. If you have done something like this could you please post a picture? would help
Old 17th March 2010, 22:12   #60
Team-BHP Support

Isn't it better to put a deflector shield around the pump? Even a simple flexi tube with "ram air" from the front would do good?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks