Team-BHP - The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/10775-commitment-maintain-team-bhps-quality-7.html)

Missed this thread.

HATS OFF to ALL THE MODS for a GREAT JOB in miantaining this forum brilliantly.
It is an object lesson on how to keep a community clean and together.

From personal experience I know how difficult it is to manage 300 odd users in a closed network in a corporate environment.

Doing the same in a public and free-for-all environment and maintaining the response, quality and committment levels that is being maintained is a tough ask, and not to mention, often a thankless job.

My thanks and appreciation to all our moderators here on team-bhp for a wonderful effort. Most of us probably don't think of it that way, but its in fact a valuable service that is being rendered at considerable personal expense, in time and effort.

Just saw 5 'unread' messages, checked and found link to this thread. I usually don't believe in browsing, I use searching. So couldn't reach this thread earlier.

I joined Team-BHP a couple of months back, I found it in a google search. Then on I visit it almost daily, twice or thrice a day. Its really nice experience to be here among champs. Moderators are doing their job exceptionally well. I am too moderator of a small yahoo group (200 odd members, 100 odd messages daily) and know very well how hard it is to manage a public group.

Whenever I logged in to TBHP having some doubt in mind, I got the answer without asking. A very light search within the forums comes up with the answer.

However I have a concern for team-bhp.com pages listed in google. If I am not wrong then TBHP is up for last two years or so, now how come there are just 54 pages listed in google? If the number of pages were bigger, surfers could easily find TBHP in google search and they could be benefited as well.

Quote:

However I have a concern for team-bhp.com pages listed in google. If I am not wrong then TBHP is up for last two years or so, now how come there are just 54 pages listed in google? If the number of pages were bigger, surfers could easily find TBHP in google search and they could be benefited as well.
Hi Yeis,

It actually keeps varying and not even God can figure out Google.

The last I had checked, we had about 170,000+ pages indexed. Dont worry, it will be back.

GTO

I finally found my way to this thread.

GTO, Aditya, Dippy, ajmat, v12, Rehaan, Rtech, Stratos, Rudra Sen, ported_head, navin, Samurai, normally_crazy, F 50, tsk1979, adya33, Mpower, aah78

U guys deserve a standing ovation for your work. Keep up the good workclap:

I have been going through the various threads old and new from last month . Couple of things I found . very good repsonse time for a public forum , even over slow speed cdma , uptime is very good.

With the number of threads available I wonder how the mod's are able to monitor the kind of traffic that is flowing through.

I am part of IT group managing around 6000 users and know how difficult it is .

This is amazing stuff
Kudos to you all.

Deepu

Got to learn a lot of things from this forum

thanks mods

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
The last I had checked, we had about 170,000+ pages indexed. Dont worry, it will be back.

I think you are right Mr. GTO. I too can recall that I used to find TBHP on first page of google search for various keywords related to indian automobile industry. Merely 50 pages can't make this to happen. Just for the record, today site:team-bhp.com is coming with 74 results.

Yeah, we will be back. :-)

i came here casually, and trust me, its the ONLY forum that i go to now.....Cheers! PROUD to be a TBHPian.

this forum has become an addiction that i love to be addicted to ...the most meaningful discussions, great restraint from all users...great moderation..good administration....terrific experience...absolutely world class.....]
thanks GTO & the moderators.:Cheering:

gentlemen, give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back and take a bow...the growth here is exponential, and a tremendous effort on your part...dont let a few illiterate nuts discourage you, the appreceation is unanimous...cheers!

This forum has changed my life. And my life was always with cars and this forum has now become like an encyclopedia for me and my cars.

Kudos to all the GURUs here. Life was'nt much colorful before this forum happened.

And I think this is one forum which has enough dose of quality information, well practiced manners, Nice group of moderators and lot of worshippers!
What more does anybody need from a forum??

hello bhpians,
Your commitmentsare doing wonders.i have started to type normal english nowadays rather than chat language or sms language.i hope its the same with you all.It has been an expierience being with you .and atlast i have got what i always wanted.i had been curious about OUR history -meant tbhp history.Are there any threads for that.

ram

Quote:

as i said earlier, i feel a little jealous not to start early a be a part of the "ELITE" Tbhp group.....
Me too...... I wish I had found this forum a little bit earlier.

I really like team bhp.... my only complaints are that the rules are a bit too harsh (like onyl 2 smileys per post... what if I make a long post and I need to use more than 2 ?? ), and the fact that before my first 50 posts, some posts I made didnt become visible.... I had to repost in the thread.....

But on the other hand, you guys have a tough job to do and you are doing it well I guess and I also love rules like no SMS lingo :D

Hi Nikhil2008,

Your posts did not appear in the threads (before you reached 50 posts) because all posts from newbies go into a moderation que, and have to be approved by a mod before it becomes visible. Read about it here.

Some people complain about not being able to type in sms language, some people complain about not being able to use more than 2 smileys, but in the end we have to look at the majority, and base our rules on what pleases the most people.

cya
R