Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2012, 11:34   #1
BHPian

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

I had been searching for a place in Bangalore to remove some extensive damage (hard water spots) on all the windows, windshield of my second car which was parked for longtime as we were not using it. I called windshield experts in Bangalore and they mentioned they were only into glass replacements and did not do any kind of glass repair. I had laid my time and hands on DIY skills mostly researched through internet and some expert advice. I had tried my luck through some dish washers, vinegar, lime, toothpaste etc.. but none of them helped (Maybe the damage was that bad). I was guided by one of my friend who is a manager with Toyota dealership to a person named Satish.
Now about Satish,Satish together with his elder brother Dinesh and younger brother Anish runs the garage called Trend Automobiles. They specialize in body repair which includes paintless dent removal, tinkering and painting, all kinds of body care including, polishing, waxing, interior cleaning etc. My car was returned spic and span with clean /clear glasses.
For those who are looking for affordable, reliable automotive body work , glass/windshield care,car body care and maintenance in South Bangalore (near to HRS layout/Bommanahalli) , this can be a place that would bring smiles and a service than could bring value for money. The three brothers have a vast experience and expertise in anything related to body works and have worked with several leading authorized car service centers (Hyundai, Maruti,Honda etc) in the city from 1987. Their skills have been proven and recognized with all the companies that they have worked with. For the past few years they specialize their skills in a garage in Garvebavipalaya, Near Bommnahalli, Hosur Main Road. It is a small area and their equipped with painting booth, SPOT denter, MIG welders,Paint less dent removal tools and equipments.
PDR – Paintless Dent Removal
They do paintless dent removal using
· Suction
· Gum/ Glue system
· Specially customized/ designed tools to reach the most difficult areas
Advantages :-
· Original paint retention
· To retain company seals/sealing
· Quick and minimal timing
· Lesser expenditure
However, please bear in mind that you may not get a 100% finishing and the accuracy may vary on the extend of damage, area and region of damage. You can refer to some of the pictures posted

Glass Repair
Glass repair involves
· Minimizing / eliminating wiper marks on windshields
· Removing Blurriness
· Improving night vision
· Removing light scratches
· Water repellent
· and Mainly , Hard water spots removal

Body Repair, Tinkering and Painting
Tinkering – Normal patch work, dent work and Accidental repair (extensive repair experts)
They have good tools and equipments that includes SPOT denter , MG welding to name a few among the other equipments/tools and expert hands under expert supervision handling these.
Conventional body repair
Usage of SPOT denter can avoid breakage of frames, company seals etc where the accessibility to tinker is limited hence and also saving you from body part replacements.
MIG welding (Co2 welding/electric)
MIG will only heat up the contact areas unlike normal welding; CO2 will cool and prevent mixture with moisture. This can also avoid corrosion and better finishing
Some painters also tend to use more putty ,fillers like me tal paste etc to fill these areas and paint on them which will have less life and finishing. Avoids cracks in the paint and discolourisation.

Other services
· Interior cleaning
· Under chassis body painting (anti corrosion)
· Teflon coating
Overall this garage is run by experts in their own setup. It is a normal garage with one of the ever smiling brothers always present (mostly the three of them are always there). They also have a carom board were one can test their skills in the game if they have come for a quick PDR J . Please keep in mind that I am in no way related to the three brothers or the garage, but I am one of their satisfied customer and yes , I am beginning to be friends with them and ofcourse I thought I should share this with my TeamBHP friends and there is nothing better if this article can help you restore the shape , paint and the automotive spirit of a true Team bhpian . I have also heard great feedbacks on their skills and work from other customers/ people.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120728_105445.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120728_105509.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-07072012941.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-07072012943.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-09072012387.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-09072012388.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-09072012389.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-09072012390.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-09072012391.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-09072012392.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120721_104320.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120721_104326.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120721_104529.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120721_113954.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120721_120318.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120721_120518.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120721_120557.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20120721_115428.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by decode : 28th July 2012 at 11:59.
decode is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 12:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Thanks for posting this. Its very well explained in technical details, and the pics do justice to what happens behind the scenes when it comes to dent repair and repainting.

Last edited by hrman : 28th July 2012 at 12:08.
Old 28th July 2012, 15:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

How much do they charge for removing the scratches from the glass?
Old 28th July 2012, 15:37   #4
BHPian

re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Thanks hrman. I agree to your statement. There are so many people including myself who have had bad experiences from the Biggies and that does not mean that all of them are bad.. There are few who take advantage like some Authroised Service centres and some are extremely good.

Sagarpadaki - The rate would depend on the extend of damage (scratches). I would recommend that you call or meet them with your car. One thing I can assure you is that rates would be nominal.
decode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 22:24   #5
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Hi,

I was looking for denting work of running board which heavily damaged, Last week it was showned to concorde body works SA, he told me that, whole runing board will be replaced by new one by cutting the damaged one for around 12k, but i am against the cutting & welding job, so searched here for reasonably good workshop to do this job, last saturday i was there in trend, spoken to Mr. Anish........he knows his job, explained the work has to be carried out & how it should be done, most important thing that, he is against the cutting & Rewelding work, quoted very much lesser than concorde. tommorrow morning my punto will be there for said repair work, hope i will get best work from his team.
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:09   #6
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Does anyone know such workshop @ Chennai.

My car 8 months old car has 3 to 4 such dents when two fighting Cows hit my rear left door.
Old 24th August 2012, 14:25   #7
BHPian

I got a nice dent on my car yesterday when the guys who play in the building smacked a cricket ball into my car. There was just a dent and no cracks. I live in HSR and hence thought of visiting this place. Dropped in there. Dinesh, quickly surveyed the dent and said it could be fixed without need for repainting. I had a couple of other small dents. One he said would need repainting. The other he said he could fix to a large extent. They took about 60 minutes to fix the dents. The main dent done by the cricket ball was done emaculately. The other dent was fixed better than my expectation. I got some touch up work on a few scratches done. Since its raining I did not want to take chance with rust. I paid about 900 Rs for the whole thing.

@Subbarao - I saw your red Punto over there. They seem to have done a good job with it.

Finding this place is not straight fwd. From silk board while going towards E-City hit the service road. About 500mts from Shell bunk you see an auto accessory shop called omex (bang opposite pillar 48 of BETL). Take a left there and then the first left again. Its at the end of the road.
The brothers worked with Trident apparently where they seem to have learnt their trade.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 22:07   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
@Subbarao - I saw your red Punto over there. They seem to have done a good job with it.
Anish told me about your visit & the work done on your drive,

Yes it's my punto, I satisfied for dents removing work. But in the painting it's not upto the mark, they accepted that & again they are doing paint job......so.....will take delivery tomorrow.

Last edited by subbarao : 24th August 2012 at 22:12.
Old 10th September 2012, 14:39   #9
BHPian

Classy touch!

Hi,

Paint redone & delivered as it should be, if any one required body work i deffinately recommend these brothers for VFM work.
subbarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 14:40   #10
BHPian

Thanks a lot, I was looking for such contact for long time after similar workshop near Garvepalya area got closed where I repaired my wagon-r. I visited them today asking for a quote, its definetly cheaper, I will be giving the car to them in the month end. Will post rest of the details with picture once job is done... some interesting quote I found which will be useful to others

To remove hard water marks near glass shield and near symbols they are charging only Rs.450
whole body polishing (sedan) its Rs.1200/-, which I felt cheaper than 3M quote of 3200/-, I know quality of 3M will be much better, but its cheaper option if someone looking for...
Old 19th November 2012, 15:26   #11
BHPian

After reading the reviews here, i visited them to get the dents repaired on my Zen. I had 2 prominent scratches on both the left side doors (bottom panel) and one dent on the right fender. They inspected the vehicle and said the one on the fender and the scratch on the rear left door can be fixed without paint job, but the other one will require painting.

Though they assured me that the paint job will be a perfect match in colour, i wasn't sure about it, so asked them to leave the one of front left door as it is. On a side note, the same fender was once re-painted couple of years back by MASS, and he easily distinguished it as re-painted. Trained eye.

So all in all, 1500/- was quoted and agreed (though i felt it's a tad high; i was expecting around 1000/-). Unfortunately, i couldn't be around when the job was being done. I left for office and collected the car in the evening with both the dents gone without a trace!

The car was a little dirty with all the work, but the dent repair was very well done. But of course, the place is nondescript and don't expect 3M kind of cleanliness.

But for their core job of dent repair, i would definitely recommend them.
Old 3rd January 2013, 17:59   #12
BHPian

Guys, could you help me out with the exact location of this place? I am not familiar with that area. Google map co-ordinates will help a lot.

Or even a major landmark nearby will do just fine.

Last edited by akshay_b : 3rd January 2013 at 18:04.
Old 3rd January 2013, 22:58   #13
BHPian

Hi,

Just see the the photos in the first post of this thread, you will find the visiting card of Mr. Aneesh & Dinesh call any one of them, they will guide you, & or refer the ZOOMBIE's post, [even you can quote my name with ref.of red punto]

It's easy to find out, It's behind the Garebhavipalya busstop on the way to electronic city,

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Guys, could you help me out with the exact location of this place? I am not familiar with that area. Google map co-ordinates will help a lot.

Or even a major landmark nearby will do just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-capture.jpg  

Last edited by subbarao : 3rd January 2013 at 23:06. Reason: edit
subbarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 00:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Just see the the photos in the first post of this thread, you will find the visiting card of Mr. Aneesh & Dinesh call any one of them, they will guide you, & or refer the ZOOMBIE's post, [even you can quote my name with ref.of red punto]

It's easy to find out, It's behind the Garebhavipalya busstop on the way to electronic city,
That was of a great help subbarao, thanks a ton appreciate it.
Old 4th January 2013, 14:12   #15
BHPian

HI Akshay.. Good that you could call Aneesh or Dinesh, they will guide seamlessly . Let me know if you need any more help or to recommend .

Most Viewed