Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 19:25   #16
ACS
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Thank for the post decode!
In fact I have been looking for a similar kind of shop with some expert hands. I had been there with my car and referred a couple of friends as well. Their work is awesome and unmatchable with the low cost. Actually I stay at Kudlu Gate which is nearer to this shop(3KM distant). The fellows over there are very friendly and professionals. They use a variety of modern equipment do their work neatly(the same machinery are used in ASCs). Must recommend for paint/dent jobs.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Visited Trend Automobiles on Saturday to fix 2 minor dents via paint less dent repair and I am very satisfied with the results. I don't have before and after pictures as these dents were not visible in pictures and this is precisely the reason for going for paint less dent repair. These 2 dents though minor and probably invisible to others were an eye sore to me. Mr Dinesh is very knowledgeable and he explained me many things about painting, colour matching denting etc. he has over 25 years of experience in this field. Out of the 2 dents, one was done via standard PDR techniques but the other one could not be fixed by conventional PDR techniques. While Mr Dinesh was working on the dent, he gave me a book on Automobile Body Repair techniques to read.

Also, though it was not planned, I got one issue that was bugging me for more than 2 years. The right side OVRM of my Fiesta was hit by a biker and it was shaking as 2 legs holding the same were broken. The Ford A.S.S as expected suggested replacement which costs Rs 5000/-. I did not do it as there was no functional issue. This was easily fixed. The OVRM was removed, the legs were fixed with a strong adhesive and now the OVRM fits properly.

They also do bumper repairing (fixing broken bumpers - Saw them doing this for an A Star rear bumper).

Here are the brochures of Trend automobiles.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-digital-auto.jpg
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-digital-auto-1.jpg

Also, there is a Hindustan 10 car parked outside and another Hindustan (Hindustan 14 I guess) parked inside awaiting restoration. I went to 3M car care HSR layout after this for a free inspection and touch up of the under body coating. 3M car care is under 2 KMS from here.
Old 28th March 2013, 22:39   #18
BHPian

I definitely recommend them, I went there in December and amazed to see that they completed the job in 1 day and price was very reasonable compare to service center quote - backside bumper dent removed and repainted, big dent above the front wheel, body polishing and removing salt water marks including in alloy wheels....they did a great job.

Paint did not match 100% so need to show it to them, but its not so easy to make out

Last edited by raka1o : 28th March 2013 at 22:41. Reason: correction in the sentence
raka1o is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

My Accent is completing 60k kms shortly, it had accumulated minor scratches on the bumpers and also paint had faded on bonnet, boot door and right fender. I initially approached RAAM Cool cars on B.G. Road, they quoted a exhorbitant price of Rs.24,500 (full body painting at ASS itself is 33K) so decided to try Trend and went there yesterday evening, spoke to Dinesh who after looking at the car listed down the things to be done and came out with a price of INR 11500 covering

1. Bonnet painting
2. RH Fender painting
3. Front bumper half painting
4. Boot door painting
5. Rear bumper painting

The car is expected to be delivered on Saturday, will share the pictures soon.
Old 6th April 2013, 21:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post

The car is expected to be delivered on Saturday, will share the pictures soon.
Did you get the car back? I am planning to give my Getz there for dent removal and painting.
Old 9th April 2013, 09:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have taken delivery of my car and very satisfied with the work quality. I have been busy this week, will post the pictures shortly.
Old 7th May 2013, 22:47   #22
BHPian

Could you post the pics please, Dee?

I have fair bit of scratches on the front bumper. Is it something they can address?
Old 9th May 2013, 23:10   #23
BHPian

Took my Esteem to trend today. Finally. The middle brother, forgot his name checked the car and gave an estimate of 29k for a full body work. Said will bring it to showroom condition.

22k to do up the panels which need work. A difference of 7k. Which package do I select? J intend to keep car for 1-2 years more.
Old 11th May 2013, 09:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Gave my safari to trend for front bumper painting and rear bumper partial painting, wind screen polishing and touchup for minor scratchs. Estimate is 6350 rs , Got a call yesterday that vehicle is ready but couldn't pick so will take it today.

Exact location is on hosur road , take service road near to shell petrol pump while going towards electronics city. There is a small left turn opposite to pillar no 48 of elevated highway also there is a car accessories shop at this turn.
Take this left turn and after some 20 meters take another left.
Old 11th May 2013, 13:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Gave my safari to trend for front bumper painting and rear bumper partial painting, wind screen polishing and touchup for minor scratchs. Estimate is 6350 rs , Got a call yesterday that vehicle is ready but couldn't pick so will take it today.

Exact location is on hosur road , take service road near to shell petrol pump while going towards electronics city. There is a small left turn opposite to pillar no 48 of elevated highway also there is a car accessories shop at this turn.
Take this left turn and after some 20 meters take another left.
I think it was your black Safari being worked upon on Thursday. The front bumper was being painted. They were doing it quite thoroughly. Could we have a couple if pictures of the work done?

Do you think 29k for my esteem is a good deal? This includes removing all dents, scratches, etc. and polishing.

Pillar 48 is the best landmark. It's after shell pump.

Mash
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 09:22   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

My Yeti seems to have sustained some damage to the right hand side Driver Side Door.
One can clearly see the damage where the shut line has opened up.
No damage to the paint though which leads me to believe this must have been some biker fellow who banged the side while either reversing or coming forward and indeed if one looks closely one can see rubber tyre scuff marks on the area.
Do you think that these Trend boys would be able to sort it out?
Would like to do a Paintless Dent Repair job on this because that would be the most sensible thing to do given the kind of damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
I think it was your black Safari being worked upon on Thursday. The front bumper was being painted. They were doing it quite thoroughly. Could we have a couple if pictures of the work done?

Do you think 29k for my esteem is a good deal? This includes removing all dents, scratches, etc. and polishing.

Pillar 48 is the best landmark. It's after shell pump.

Mash
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_1089.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_1090.jpg  

Old 13th May 2013, 11:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it was my Safari finally picked it up on Saturday they finished the job on friday but I could not go and pick up.

Bumper job is done nicely there was a large dent on right side of size of football and a small tear on upper left side but now bumper looks as good as new also the clip to hold foglamp was torn which is now repaired.
Will click and post a couple of pictures.

Quote:
Take a quote from couple of painters and also from Sai Colorium.
If it is just painting then you can get it done at cheapest available option but if your esteem requires tinkering then skills do matter.

Paintwise their price is fair but not too low because Tata A.S.S charges 3K for front bumper painting all inclusive and they charged 2.4 K painting + 350 for fitting and 800 for repair of bumper.
I went to them because T.A.S.S wont do denting/repair but they would have replaced with a new bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My Yeti seems to have sustained some damage to the right hand side Driver Side Door.
Do you think that these Trend boys would be able to sort it out?
Would like to do a Paintless Dent Repair job on this because that would be the most sensible thing to do given the kind of damage.
I think they should be able to do it, Their setup is humble like a small mechanic garage don't get put off by that.
amitk26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 11:36   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I think they should be able to do it, Their setup is humble like a small mechanic garage don't get put off by that.
I spoke to them today. I sent them the pictures and they said that they should be able to deal with it in a few hours.
Thanks for the heads up about the setting - if the work is good and paintless, then I dont mind.
Cheers
Old 13th May 2013, 17:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

I have had the opportunity to compare the work done by Sai colorium and Trend on a Swift - Red and Accent - Mid night Grey respectively. I had two prior experience with my Accent getting painted once by Sejal Motors and once by Raam Cool Cars on Bannerghatta Road. Matching the Midnight grey color is very difficult and Trend seems to have done the better job so far because even after 3-4 washes and one month of usage I can say the paint matches very close, but on the Swift the difference is clearly showing up. When my car was worked on last month in Trend, I had seen a Honda City undergoing full body paint and the job done was very good.
Old 14th May 2013, 17:24   #30
BANNED

I visited Trend Automotive this afternoon around 4pm.
Yes it is a humble sort of "old fashioned" garage set up, tucked away quietly off the Hosur Road.
Met Mr Dinesh and Satish the owners.
They take great pride in their work - was shown a Baleno which had just undergone a repair and paint job to its side and it looked as good as new.
Apparently my vehicle's problem was clearly caused by a Motorbike whose tyre must have banged my front fender near the door with some force and there are a couple of small parallel tell tale scratches along the wheel arch, which must have come from the motorbike's mudguard. Clearly this has taken place whilst the vehicle was parked either last Friday, Saturday or Sunday when I had gone out here and there for a bit.
Anyway, apparently he will take a half day to get my work done, so Im planning to give the vehicle on Thursday morning and take it back again on Thursday evening.
Hope it gets alright quickly and I can breathe easy again.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th May 2013 at 17:26.

Most Viewed