Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 15:17   #166
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Another nasty infidel harmed my front right flank with a curved sharp instrument, which left a nasty indentation on the car body. Luckily it didn't crack through the paintwork though there was an evil looking crescent shaped indentation there.

Then, there was a mishap involving a mis-hit golf ball at the club, which landed as a bouncer on the road while I was driving in and clunked off the right side of the car after bouncing once on the tarmac.

Luckily the bounce must have robbed it of a lot of velocity so the net effect was a dull thunk as I was passing and it actually took me some time to figure out the dent which was on the rear door.

I took the Yeti to Dinesh this morning and spent a profitable 2 hours there while they undertook these repair jobs. Am glad to say that after their treatment, the vehicle looks as good as it was before - neither of the two dents are visible now.

Let us hope for some respite from such vandalism and other ill luck, for my poor dear Yeti!

I did not bother with pictures - suffice it to say that I am more than satisfied with Dinesh's work and will gladly recommend him to anyone who needs similar services.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 19:51   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Good for Layman , terrible for an enthusiast

Last month, our i20 scrapped a electric pole which resulted in the running board ,rear quarter panel and rear door needing repainting. Headed towards trend and got the panels repainted . Service was good and color matching was excellent.

I know ABC of detailing.So after a thorough wash a couple of weeks back i inspected the panels painted. And a horror picture was revealed. The paint was pitted underneath the clearcoat. It was as if someone had put a thousand pits on the panel.There was also a lot of scratches underneath the clearcoat.

The clearcoat has terrible orange peel and is rough is many places.The finish is really dull compared to other factory painted panels.Looks like they used a wool pad and some rubbing compound and just ran the rotary on the panels. Lots of buffer swirls.And the whole car was covered with paint overspray.They did not mask the other panels before spraying. I have a tedious job of claying with a aggressive clay bar to remove the overspray from other panels.Decided i would tackle the re-painted panels first

So i took the rotary myself today and got down to the task of repairing the 'damage' they had done to the paint.Washed and decontaminated the paint. Meguiars Ultimate Compound + Orange Pad did a bit to correct the badly swirled and dull finish. Followed it up with White pad and Carpro Reflect and things started looking better. But it is still nowhere near what should be the finish from a ideal paint job. And it cannot be rectified through detailing too since the defect is below surface and the only way to completely correct it would be a proper Re paint.

Verdict- This place is good if you are not looking for a perfect paint job. Detailers, don't even go near this place. You will end up after you inspect the painted panels. For those who just want a proper color matching and superficial 'looks good' feel, this is a very good place.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 15:21   #168
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Trend is not trust worthy anymore, he did a poor paint match on my Rapid. He no longer has the patience to do a neat work.

Last edited by deehunk : 28th June 2015 at 15:22.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 22:03   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Trend is not trust worthy anymore, he did a poor paint match on my Rapid. He no longer has the patience to do a neat work.
Can you post some pics please? It will help us to understand better. I am planning to visit them for a minor paint/rubbing work.
Old 9th July 2015, 16:19   #170
BHPian

It's bad to see unsatisfied owners post on trusted workshop like trend

What happened to Dinesh Bro's?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Verdict- This place is good if you are not looking for a perfect paint job. Detailers, don't even go near this place. You will end up after you inspect the painted panels. For those who just want a proper color matching and superficial 'looks good' feel, this is a very good place.
Quote:
subbarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 16:33   #171
BHPian

Quote:
+1, He did a terrible Bonnet and Bumper re-paint job on my Punto.
Quality of paint job is decreasing day by day.

Last edited by mnvvishwa : 9th July 2015 at 16:37.
mnvvishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 18:12   #172
BHPian

Damn, hate to see this place go down like this, based on recent reviews. Had nothing but great experiences with them, with top notch work carried out every time, save minor rough edges noticeable to only the sharpest eyes.

Would really like to know more about members about recent observations.
Old 9th July 2015, 20:28   #173
Senior - BHPian

If this is recent maybe one of their skilled painters has quit? Can some regulars who recognize the staff confirm this?

This sounds like some famous + sleazy chennai restaurant where the "biryani master" suddenly quits.
Old 10th July 2015, 09:45   #174
Senior - BHPian

I guess the issue here is the quick work they do. It is not that they can't do a quality job,its that they do it fast so the customer is satisfied and in the process compromise on quality.

My first visit was a paint less dent removal which didn't matter since there was no painting involved.
The last visit involved re-painting the rear quarter panel. It was done in 24 hours flat and I was actually surprised that the work was done fast. When I went to pick up the car , my main concern was the shade matching which was perfect.
It is only after few recent posts that I decided to check the finish again and noticed that to touch and feel,the surface was smooth,but on close inspection ,it looked like the whole surface was not smooth to look at. I am not sure what would be the long term effect.
There was also a couple of small dimples on the panel.

These are imperfections when looked closely and not at a glance. I am okay with it as long as it doesn't fade or change texture on the long run.

I am aware Trend gets a load of cars and they need to move them out quickly,but I am sure Dinesh will look into this as he follows this thread.
Old 10th July 2015, 11:26   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I guess the issue here is the quick work they do. It is not that they can't do a quality job,its that they do it fast so the customer is satisfied and in the process compromise on quality.

My first visit was a paint less dent removal which didn't matter since there was no painting involved.
The last visit involved re-painting the rear quarter panel. It was done in 24 hours flat and I was actually surprised that the work was done fast. When I went to pick up the car , my main concern was the shade matching which was perfect.
It is only after few recent posts that I decided to check the finish again and noticed that to touch and feel,the surface was smooth,but on close inspection ,it looked like the whole surface was not smooth to look at. I am not sure what would be the long term effect.
There was also a couple of small dimples on the panel.

These are imperfections when looked closely and not at a glance. I am okay with it as long as it doesn't fade or change texture on the long run.

I am aware Trend gets a load of cars and they need to move them out quickly,but I am sure Dinesh will look into this as he follows this thread.

Exactly the same thing in my case too. Paint matching is excellent. They are very good at that. But the quality of the job is poor.

That imperfections are cause the surface is not prepped properly before painting. Clear coat defects like orange peel can be removed by wet sanding followed by polishing. But the below surface defect cannot be! And that is my biggest problem with these guys.

Any painting involves few major steps
1. Surface prepping
2. Few base color coats followed by few coats of clear
3. Wet sanding to remove/reduce/match orange peel
4. Compounding with an aggressive compound and an appropriate pad to give the sanded surface a glossy look

They have issues in all the steps! .There was some or the other problem in all the four steps they carried out during the painting of the car

With the increase in popularity and high inflow of vehicles and the faster turn around time, looks like quality has taken the major hit!

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 10th July 2015 at 11:34.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 17:05   #176
Senior - BHPian

Posting pictures of my car, the imperfection and paint mismatch can be seen clearly. This job costed me INR 5000 and 4 days of waiting.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20150710_163017.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20150710_163101.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20150710_163112.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 10th July 2015 at 17:07.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 13:17   #177
BHPian

My comments here are not biased and will try not to point out or name any person here (Other than Trend Brothers as I have their permission).I was and am still happy like most of their customers … about Trend Automobiles, their union as team emerging from the family, the skills and expertise that these brothers have gained through decades of experience, training (in and out), their dedication,commitment to their profession and the end result of their work in terms of SATISFACTION and Appreciation through their customers.
It was disappointing to see the recent negative comments on Trend and I was curious to understand to how “Trend” could have managed to dissatisfy our fellow Teambhpian as there have been so many among us who trusted and liked their work.
Did they change their attitude to their profession and divert it into the profit stream?

It easier to disagree. I can say no. They have not changed their attitude to work. They still have the dedication and commitment to their profession, infact trying to make it better.
They have an increasing trend in their job card - fours wheelers of all segments, shapes, sizes and types which comes accompanied with different kinds of customers. Of course, most customers want their cars back as soon as possible with a job done to 100% perfection and why not, we love our cars and are paying for it. They claim some customers do not realize the already queued up work in their garage and most or all of those vehicle owners would have been provided the closest date/time of delivery upon completion of work. They stated instances in the recent months where people come and demand their work be done in priority as they are teambhp members and some have even cautioned that they will be insulted in the forum, some demand that they have referred 2, 3 or more customers and Trend automobiles attend to their vehicle ASAP. They said that these are difficult situations, most complaints that have risen are from such conditions or from people who were not satisfied with work where they pressurized to complete the job in day or lesser date than the estimated delivery regardless of the other acceptable challenges like power failure, rain etc . The try their best to convince people and most times they refused such demands, the customer left unhappy which they did not want to do. We all know that Trend brothers are skilled, professional trainers and good people. They do not have the knack of marketing, finance targets etc.. Their customer satisfactions are solely from the product of their work. These people do all the work that automobile body repair/paint job worker need to do together with their skilled workers, they do not have the talent or staff for the glittery or artificial way of customer service and that’s what is understood and most liked from most of the customer feedback. Their work starts @ 9AM and most days it extends till 9PM. They also work extended days sometimes starting from 7AM and on Sundays to handle their delivery times. These are also people who want to spend some quality time with family. They have a stable team of skilled people and they try best not rent a person who they have not trained to make so the quality is not compromised. They were telling me about situations where their staff might need totake emergency or sick leaves when the garage is full , I have seen them many times taking control of the situations by putting themselves into the work queue working extended hours to deliver by agreed timelines. Of course they meet routine challenges like power failure, lack of sunlight/heat , rain (they agree they had received complaints during the rainy times of the summer season), customer demands without understanding these challenges etc.. We all agree that their prices are reasonable and way cheaper than the authorized service centers. They will look into every possible way that would not want you to replace a body part and will try best to fix that part to original shape and colour which help you save money, unwanted insurance claims and much more. They do not run a full-fledged service center with staff and TARGETS in all sorts of departments but does a justifiable good job for the reasonable charge. They are happy that the customers still trust them and they are able to satisfy them for the purpose and result. Could you quote one place where they give you 100% perfection than Judging them to 100% perfection of factory delivered car which they try their best to do with their limited and customized infrastructure.

Their work has been appreciated by customers, almost all of their customer base is based on the customer experiences, word of mouth marketing, social media like teamhhp, newspaper articles etc.. on their good work, quality, reasonable pricing and customer satisfaction.

Do they have competition?
Yes they have, who would not be upset if a competitor does quality product for lesser the price? If all products are the same within the same price range, the customer is left no choice than to be satisfied with what he is forced to get?
Can they handle the increasing level of work/customer?
They are the small fish and emerging, but slow. The Trend Automobile team say with grace that they are growing because of the trust and goodwill from the customer and we are all part of it. These are ordinary people who are making their living through their skills . They have a good focus to expand whatever within their reach, all their customers would have already noticed that they have rented the neighboring space, not much but maybe just more than 1400 sqft

Are they stuck with legacy methods of automobile body repair and painiting?

They have also procured some more useful tools like percisson dent pullers, welding machine better PDR kit, which reduce the need of painting/body work or replacing a part, Quality brands like Wuerth, 3 M products and machinery to support the new painting products which can give better results in lesser time.

They are also receiving Mercedez Benz, BMW, Audi cars for body and paint work. Last week I saw 1 passat, 1 Laura,1 Figo, 3- Skoda Rapid,2 i10, 1 Hyundai Accent and a Ford fiesta while I visited them. They still have their trained workforce and I noticed other customers coming there and getting their quote/estimate. I heard two people still trying to negotiate on the time of delivery than the price

Trend Dinesh and Satish were upset with the bad comments from their customers. They were telling me that they somehow wanted to convey their appologies and respond to the dissatisfied comments in the forum but they do not have a membership and it was a terrible feeling that they cannot respond. They informed me that they have tried to identify the contact number of the person who was disappointed and they were eager to sort any issue which would have hurt their customers, especially the Teambhp members who they have a huge respect and thankfulness. They agree they don’t have the 100% painting infrastructure and they are looking into different ways achieving it. They are also planning to put a full-fledged painting booth in their garage in 2 months time. They accept and recollect 4 painting errors made during the recent summer rains and even told that they would welcome them once their new painting booth is functional and address their complaints. They are eager to hear suggestions and feedback from you, but it will not be possible to respond in Teambhp as of now.

You can contact Dinesh or Satish on 09900561111 and 09686454537. They are available in whatsapp too.

I know it’s a long note, but I felt the need ,as the Trend Brothers were helpless to respond on teambhp but I should put my fare share on this Friendship Day. Cheers 
decode is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 14:26   #178
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
My comments here are not biased and will try not to point out or name any person here (Other than Trend Brothers as I have their permission).I was and am still happy like most of their customers … about Trend Automobiles, They have a good focus to expand whatever within their reach, all their customers would have already noticed that they have rented the neighboring space, not much but maybe just more than 1400 sqft

Are they stuck with legacy methods of automobile body repair and painiting?

They have also procured some more useful tools like percisson dent pullers, welding machine better PDR kit, which reduce the need of painting/body work or replacing a part, Quality brands like Wuerth, 3 M products and machinery to support the new painting products which can give better results in lesser time.

They are also receiving Mercedez Benz, BMW, Audi cars for body and paint work. Last week I saw 1 passat, 1 Laura,1 Figo, 3- Skoda Rapid,2 i10, 1 Hyundai Accent and a Ford fiesta while I visited them. They still have their trained workforce and I noticed other customers coming there and getting their quote/estimate. I heard two people still trying to negotiate on the time of delivery than the price

Trend Dinesh and Satish were upset with the bad comments from their customers. They were telling me that they somehow wanted to convey their appologies and respond to the dissatisfied comments in the forum but they do not have a membership and it was a terrible feeling that they cannot respond. They informed me that they have tried to identify the contact number of the person who was disappointed and they were eager to sort any issue which would have hurt their customers, especially the Teambhp members who they have a huge respect and thankfulness. They agree they don’t have the 100% painting infrastructure and they are looking into different ways achieving it. They are also planning to put a full-fledged painting booth in their garage in 2 months time. They accept and recollect 4 painting errors made during the recent summer rains and even told that they would welcome them once their new painting booth is functional and address their complaints. They are eager to hear suggestions and feedback from you, but it will not be possible to respond in Teambhp as of now.

I know it’s a long note, but I felt the need ,as the Trend Brothers were helpless to respond on teambhp but I should put my fare share on this Friendship Day. Cheers 
This is a fair post. I feel the same. I don't ever like kicking the underdog.
And these are nice people because they are sincere workers in this land of evil rogues.
If I had gone to Skoda Service and got the various dents done on my Yeti, I would have been seriously out of pocket. Their paint less dent repair work on my Yeti has been very satisfactory so far.
I will continue to give them my custom for sure. I love supporting the local economy and more so especially when the quality of work that I get is good.
Anyone who doesn't like them, can always vote with his/ her wheels/ feet and wallet!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:59   #179
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Trend a year ago with a friend's Punto, whose right rear door had caved in due to a hit, a PDR would fix the dent.

When I was at their center, the work happening inside gave me a rude shock. A guy was painting a car with another person sanding filler from a bumper barely 2-3 feet away. There is no doubt that the residue from sanding would fall on the paint and leave a terrible finish.

If this wasn't enough, couple of customer's cars were also inside the same room which would also receive a healthy dose of overspray.

Seeing all this made me decide I'll never come to Trend for anything other than PDR.

Once the PDR was done, the person in charge insisted he will "polish" the area which was affected during the PDR process. I had a look at their tools, which consisted of a rotary machine, a wool pad with almost no wool left and some unknown bottle of compound or polish. All these rang alarm bells, the person in charge kept insisting that they will polish for free even though we had to say no about 4-5 times.

The front right fender on my car has couple of small dents which should come out via PDR and I will be visiting Trend soon to get it done. I trust Trend with PDR since they have a dedicated "secret PDR room" where no one is allowed and it is sufficiently isolated from the painting area and so there shouldn't be any concerns with overspray falling on the car.
Old 2nd August 2015, 20:01   #180
Senior - BHPian

In some cases - yes there are process holes which they could take care of, and those are often different (you can tell the difference) from empty threats and illogical demands made by people who come over claiming they are bhpians and expecting priority treatment.

Of course, it is also not possible for them to tell a true bhpian apart from someone who simply claims he is on bhp - trend or others obviously don't ask for usernames and check posting history. Though I would like to think the ideal bhpian is a lot more professional and doesnt make empty threats like "I will post bad things about you on tbhp" to get his car service speeded up.

I think they do have a problem, and there are a few minor corners that are being cut due to wear and tear on equipment and a lack of available space for parking vehicles to be serviced. They are getting close to if not have exceeded the limit of just how many cars in parallel they can service in that area, and need to do one or both of these -

a. An appointment system like "Please bring your car on date X / time Y" coupled with a strict limit on the number of cars that they take at any given time, minimum distance between cars

b. A refresh of their consumables such as wool pads, mandatory masking of areas that are not being painted to avoid splash or overpainting etc (which a couple of bhpians noted was not being done). Little things like that which will sometimes fall by the wayside when they have many cars to handle in a short time.

ps: @sunnyboi - they tend to use Wuerth for this but I suppose they buy wuerth polish in bulk and then pour it into any random bottle they have handy from time to time. So you may not see the wuerth brand on the polish they are using. In my case, I had asked what polish it was, and one of the Trend brothers told me it was wuerth, even insisted on showing me the original bottle it came from.

Last edited by hserus : 2nd August 2015 at 20:09. Reason: add response to sunnyboi comment.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed