Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2017, 04:48   #256
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Total bill 27225/- including tax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Don't you think that for 5 panels this exorbitant? For bumpers they can always do partial painting if the dent is on one side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You might get small garages that do it for much lesser maybe sub 20K but will you get the same quality?

If the quality is good and going by pics it looks like it is, I don't mind paying that 6-7K premium.
You can indeed get this done at a lower cost with equal if not better quality results.

Just sharing my recent experience for my shadow blue Vento -- got denting and full re-painting done for 7 panels of my car removing small dents and scratches collected over the years only for a total of 18K including taxes! I was quoted 2.5k per panel. I think the result was as good as any VW workshop. There was only one flaw - they forgot to polish down the surface at the back of the door handles. This was done from Motorzo.
nileshch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 16:45   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Motorzo will give your car to the nearest franchisee and they wont assure quality every time, as each garage is different. Since they pick up and drop, if parts are removed/exchanged there is no recourse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
You can indeed get this done at a lower cost with equal if not better quality results.

Just sharing my recent experience for my shadow blue Vento -- got denting and full re-painting done for 7 panels of my car removing small dents and scratches collected over the years only for a total of 18K including taxes! I was quoted 2.5k per panel. I think the result was as good as any VW workshop. There was only one flaw - they forgot to polish down the surface at the back of the door handles. This was done from Motorzo.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 17:18   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Motorzo will give your car to the nearest franchisee and they wont assure quality every time, as each garage is different. Since they pick up and drop, if parts are removed/exchanged there is no recourse.
They give you the option to choose the workshop to send to (gave me three options). They have their standard workshop in Koramangala too, if you wish to go with that.

I did clearly warn them that if I find substandard work with the Vento, I will not pay. They delivered the car back home to me. I verified everything for a day and then I made the online payment. This was the second time I gave for painting work after I tested their service with my hatchback. So I could trust them the second time.
Old 28th February 2017, 18:01   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This is a myth. You can chose the workshop and you can drop and pick up as well. I just did denting and painting work on two panels last week for 5K from an online vendor. Since this is not the relevant thread I am not naming the service provider. The average rate per panel has now dropped to around 2.5K-3K inclusive of taxes with advent of online denting and repair services. They note down existing minute scratches, some even hairline in my case and give step by step update. So there is no scope for further arguments at time of delivery. If you are not happy with work, just refuse payment and ask for a better job. They will oblige. Since these guys are better polished than workshop guys, you feel much better in handling and communicating with them.

Last edited by poloman : 28th February 2017 at 18:06.
Old 28th February 2017, 19:03   #260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
====
I think the result was as good as any VW workshop. There was only one flaw - they forgot to polish down the surface at the back of the door handles. This was done from Motorzo.
Great, why don't you put up a review of this with some before and after pics, would be useful for others atleast. Infact i want to do a clean up of our Ritz if its cheap option.
Old 2nd March 2017, 11:47   #261
BHPian

I have given my Palio Stile, Magnesium Grey, to Trend again for dent removal and repainting. Work is required on LH fender, LH front door, LH rear door, RH fender (rework from their last round), front bumper half-painting, and rear bumper re-fixing/re-alignment. Handed over the car on Tue morning to Mr. Dinesh, with expected delivery by Sat. Initial estimate is around 20K plus taxes. I was told paying by credit card will incur 2% extra charge, no extra charges if paid by debit card. I forgot to ask about cheque payment option.

I'll post a detailed update once I get the delivery.
Old 5th March 2017, 18:40   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Great, why don't you put up a review of this with some before and after pics, would be useful for others atleast. Infact i want to do a clean up of our Ritz if its cheap option.
Should do this on a separate thread. Will do so!
Old 6th March 2017, 21:50   #263
A.R
BHPian

How much do you guys think will cost me for a full repaint of XUV 5OO - P White? Except the roof.

Worth going to Trend and not to Mahindra?
Old 7th March 2017, 21:29   #264
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your recommendation. I was sceptical initially but decided to give it a shot. My car had the front bumper ripped off, which has been replaced for a good 2 grand less. I'll see the job on March 15th and give a full review then on but here are some pics. Overall very satisfied with the response and service.

Since these guys are better polished than workshop guys, you feel much better in handling and communicating with them.[/quote]
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-eon.jpeg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 12:15   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Should do this on a separate thread. Will do so!
Hi nileshch,

Could you please share some pictures of the paint job, I have booked denting/painting work with them this week. It would be of great help if you can share pictures to help me/others decide.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 09:02   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Do they(Trend) also handle insurance related work? I scraped my skoda Laura over a stone while parking & there is damage below both doors. Am thinking the ASS would be very expensive for such work?
Update. They have a tie up with bajaj allianz and cholamandalam for cashless claims. Wish they had a tie up with tata aig too!!!
Old 27th June 2017, 11:28   #267
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

One month into the ownership, the Creta got a dent and scratch on the right Quarter Panel arch. ( thanks to the crooked turns and slopes in my apartment parking ).

First checked with HASS and they quoted 5.5K+Tax. Took the vehicle to Trend and got a quote of 3.7K+Tax. Decided to give it to Trend. Given the good reviews here, I was not very worried about quality of work. But everything was put to rest when saw a BMW undergoing paint jobs in their garage.

Gave it on Friday morning and as promised, the car was ready Sat morning. Absolutely no marks of the scratch and dent. No roughness in the painted area. It felt as smooth as the adjacent door panel.

Excellent job by the team at Trend.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 09:57   #268
Senior - BHPian

My dream run with the Eon was shattered early morning by some teenagers riding triple on an Activa - the wrong side of the road and banging my car on the drivers side. Took it to Trend directly and got great results. These three brothers are some of the best in the business, and my car is back to looking like NEW! I found their 'per panel cost' to be quite reasonable - only that 'perfection takes time' and one needs to be a bit patient with time lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-running-board.jpg  

Old 16th July 2017, 16:17   #269
BHPian

Re: ICICI Auto Insurance?

Can we do insurance claim on their work? If so, do they accept ICICI Lombard Insurance? Howz the experience?

Please advise!
Old 16th July 2017, 21:01   #270
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICICI Auto Insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Can we do insurance claim on their work? If so, do they accept ICICI Lombard Insurance? Howz the experience?

Please advise!
Last time when I had been there, I think they mentioned that they do work with insurance folks on claims. But I am not sure about what all companies they deal with if at all they do!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks