Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 17:45   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

quadra --- We arent perfect, unfortunately :( . Tweaking is ALWAYS underway!
Old 6th September 2010, 18:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
quadra --- We arent perfect, unfortunately :( . Tweaking is ALWAYS underway!
I agree but i hope you have taken my / others comment as a feedback rather than a complaint.

M not going anywhere
Old 9th September 2010, 22:21   #63
BHPian

I just had a query
A friend of mine was looking to buy alloy wheels/upsize his tyres for his bike, do you stock bike tyres/wheels as well?
Old 9th September 2010, 22:28   #64
BHPian

They only stock bike tyres at langford road. Not sure about other facilities.
Old 10th September 2010, 14:37   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Only bike tyres. No bike wheels though.
Old 10th September 2010, 15:49   #66
BHPian

Hi,

One of the best set up I have ever seen (12J rims fitted without a help of lever).
Small feedback Pls have a small carpet on the floor so that the rims can be placed without getting scrached.

Regards,
PJ
Old 11th September 2010, 00:34   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSPEED
12J rims
Whoa!
Do such things exist?
The widest I've seen is 10J

That said,a testimonial for Madhus coming from someone who's seen the best tyre and wheel equipment in the country should be a real feather on the cap.

PS: What was the tyre size? 335?
Old 17th September 2010, 17:37   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSPEED View Post
Hi,

One of the best set up I have ever seen (12J rims fitted without a help of lever).
Small feedback Pls have a small carpet on the floor so that the rims can be placed without getting scrached.

Regards,
PJ
Thank you for your kind words. I have noted your feedback. Will think of a solution and implement it asap.
Old 17th September 2010, 17:54   #69
BHPian

I went to Madhu's today to balance and align wheels. I asked for Nikhil, however, he was out. But as soon as I mentioned that I was a member of TBHP, I got the VIP treatment The whole thing was completed in just over an hour! Even on a weekday, the crowd is crazy.

I liked their mission statement - be better than what they were yesterday. So here is how you can be better.

A value add that I've noticed happen in (some) other alignment centers is that they give your rims a good wash before the wheels are balanced. After all, dirt and grime has it's own weight.

Next, I'm not sure how much I understood the balancing methodology. But I'm certain that the weights don't have to be knocked out before checking first the condition first. Though they did check the wheel before knocking the existing weights, on one wheel, I noticed the reading was to add 60 units (or whatever) he then proceeded to remove the existing weights. Now when they checked again, they had to add 130 units! So clearly he didn't have to remove the previous weights. So small things like this can help finish the job faster and cheaper.
Another thing is that the guys need to use something other than steel (hard wood perhaps?) to knock out the existing weights. There were a few scratches left on the alloys. Since it is usually on the inside, it won't show much. But still.... an area to look into.

Overall, great experience. They come highly recommended from several car owners. If you want to see what clockwork is like - visit them! I'm definitely coming back in another 5000 kms - whenever that may be.
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:24   #70
BHPian

Good service

All

Visited Madhu's over the weekend to get my alignment and balancing done. The time taken for the complete job was good. Service was good too. In summary I would just very efficient.

Requested the prices for new Yoko A drive and Michelin XM1+.

Weekends are busy and parking / waiting for alignment does get tricky.
Old 27th September 2010, 20:00   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, thanks for the honest feedback.

@Triedeverything ---- The reason we remove the old weights is that they all have a life. they might have become loose and might fall off if we just add the new weights without removing it.

Also, in your case when you noticed it was 60 grams before removing the old weights and then 130 grams, you wouldnt have noticed one very important factor. The location of the new 130 grams would be different because the point of imbalance would have changed due to the wear of the tyres.

The weights becoming loose and falling off are less of a threat with the sticker weights but with normal clip on weights, the tension in the clip gets reduced over a period of time.

However, you can insist that they re use the old weights but that is not advisable as the weights might fall off soon after the balancing is done and you might never notice it.

And Hunter gives a plastic tool for removing the weights, however, over repeated use, it breaks very soon. And those tools are hard to get in India.

Anyway, I have noted your feedback. Let's see what we can do! If you have any suggestions, please do go ahead and give it to me!

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 27th September 2010 at 20:02.
Old 10th October 2010, 19:10   #72
BHPian

I would like to pen down a few good words on Madhus Enterprises.
My Cedia needed new shoes so I visited the showroom after an SMS to Nikhil.

I am not sure if I should complement Nikhil's management training or his inherent good nature coupled with Customer skills.

The folks at Madhus were very courteous and customer friendly.
I was impressed with the modern equipment they use, it aids in efficient service and gets the work done faster as well.

I walked out as a happy camper and would definitely visit again for any of my rubber needs.

Here's another Kudos to Madhus Enterprises!

Last edited by raajks : 10th October 2010 at 19:14.
Old 14th October 2010, 08:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

Another visit to Madhus, this time to get the Safari wheel alignment done and to get a long standing puncture on the Optra fixed, since it was about 11 am, the shop floor was relatively free and the alignmnet was done in 10 mins, I then had to wait for our driver to bring the Optra, the time was spent watching the cricket match on TV in the lounge, I am really amazed at the memory of the technicians, they come over and ask if my other car is due for some service, not just me, in the 45 mins that I was there, I noticed quite a few loyal customers and by the way the staff greet and help, I'm sure the client list is bound to grow.
I take back my opening post remarks about cons being the attitude of the managerial staff, Nikhil, I commend you.
Cheers,
Hari.
Old 15th October 2010, 17:04   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Took my Aveo a few weeks back and forgot to post. Got the usual excellent 'TBHP' service, quick turnaround and customary discount. 2 things I wanted to point out:

1. I know the cashier/manager is always busy but it would be great if he could spend 2 minutes explaining the values and why some are still in red font after the alignment. I always study the report closely and a layman will puzzle over it without understanding the content.

2. IIRC, the Hunter system directs the technician to "jounce" the car after a certain step but no one ever does it! Is it an optional step?

These are nitpicking! Service is always great at Madhus in my experience :-)
Old 17th October 2010, 12:44   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys

Hari, feedback like the one in your first post is very important. I am of course extremely happy to see that you no longer feel the same way. I look forward to more honest feedback from you in the future

Itwasntme --- I will get back to you about the jouncing in a while. And please feel free to ask the guy to explain the numbers to you. I will also have a word with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks