Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 12:36   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

I got balancing and allignment done at Madhu's last week. As usual, very prompt and efficient service!

Last edited by Stratos : 30th May 2011 at 12:24. Reason: We don't permit any discussion on vendor discounts for BHPians
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:28   #152
BHPian

Congratulations on 30 Years - Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Nikhil and Team,

Congratulations on completing 30 years..... Great going. Keep up the wonderful work.

I was there on Sat and came to know that today Madhu's completes 30 years of operations. I myself have been going there for a large part of it :-)
Old 2nd May 2011, 20:07   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
I had been to Madhus last month after my 5K service at Suraksha for wheel alignment and balancing for my '99 Zen.

I has bought my tyres from Madhus 5K kms back (Michelin XM1+ 155/70 R13).

I was happy to see none of them required any additional weights as rim/tyre wasnt damaged. Happy i was as I had done trips to Coorg, Tuticorin/Kodaikanal, Mangalore and Tirupati in last 5K kms

I asked for tyre rotation, however guy there at front desk said it isnt req! Wondering why...?

Wheel aligment was gone for a toss as front left lower arm was replaced at service.

Steering was a little misaligned. It was fixed. However after driving for a while noticed, its still off!
Please come back and get it rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I got balancing and allignment done at Madhu's last week. As usual, very prompt and efficient service!
Sure sure! Give me a call when you are going!

Last edited by Stratos : 30th May 2011 at 12:24. Reason: We don't permit any discussion on vendor discounts for BHPians
Old 2nd May 2011, 20:28   #154
BHPian

Congratulations to Madhu's and Nikhil for completing 30 yrs of service
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:18   #155
BHPian

Congratulations Nikhil. Keep up the good work.
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:30   #156
BHPian

Hi team,
Madhus have expert team and workers that careful handled my car when I went for wheel alignment 1 month back. However I am feeling steering to be bit stiff. Shall go to their shop again and get it checked.

Also Congrats Nikhal, you are the lead example of "Customer first" concept. Also I would recommend Nikhil to provide a complimentary cleanup of tyres (Just a simple dusting of rims would do, which is not easily approachable ) when cars come in as this would do a value add to already gr8 service and would hardly take 5 mins.
Old 5th May 2011, 18:53   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Anand, first check the air pressures. That is the most common cause of a stiff steering.

About cleaning the tyres and rims, it would be very time consuming. Once we start it, we would like to do a thorough job. That means wiping the outside and he inside of the wheel with a wet cloth and sometimes scrubbing really hard to get rid of the dirt. It would be very time consuming to do it to 4 wheels for every customer.

If we do a 5 min job, we ourselves wont like it. Just think about it. How long does it take you to clean the alloy wheel on your vehicle? Multiply that by a hundred for us.
Old 5th May 2011, 23:02   #158
BHPian

Went to Madhu's today for wheel alignment. the car was pulling to the left and there was a noise in running as if the wheel has a bit of play. after wheel alignment, the noise is gone, but now the pulling is towards right. the technician told me that some amount of left / right pulling is expected as the tires are pretty old.

need to go back and get the alignment checked again tomorrow. the problem with pulling to right is that after some time, the right arm starts paining as you have to continuously keep it slightly pushed. just by driving it till my home in Sarjapur road, i was not able to take it. i have a Kerala trip planned for this weekend and i dont think i can manage it till there. on the contrary when it was pulling towards left, i just needed one finger to keep it straight, but still was comfortably able to rest my hand. [completely understand either of them is not good for the car; not just the comfort POV]

@Nikhil - have a question; if you could clarify that, will be helpful. before that, i need to tell you the history of this issue. the wheels used to wobble beyond 80kmph and i got the wheels balanced at 'Tyre Empire' on Whitefield road. [it's on the way to my office and was easily accessible]. the tech over there suggested that i do alignment as well, but did not do that bcos there were other 2 vehicles in queue for the same, and i was short of time as i had to leave for Kerala the same day, in fact in a couple of hours.

so i did the balancing and left the place, wobbling was sorted out completely, but i could find that the car was pulling to the left slightly, but very much manageable. so i left it at that and drove down to KL. after covering almost 450-500 KMS i started noticing this mild, but continuous 'jig-jig' noise as if there is some bit of play on the wheel(s). reached home [Cochin] and checked the wheels for any play; dint find any, and left it at that. since the schedule was tight, i could not take it for further diagnosis. and all 4 days when i was there, the car was not used. on 25th eve, we started back, the noise was minimal and the pull towards left continued. reached bangalore and the noise became more and more evident and thats when i decided to come to Madhu's.

the question i have is,does the age of the tires alone affect the alignment?

i have done wheel rotation appropiately and the all the tires, including the spare has even wear. but before the balancing was done and the alignment issue cropped up, the steering was dead straight, with the same set of tires. all the other parameters which could affect, are proper. the tech at your place confirmed that the tie rods, arms, bearings [basically all under body elements - i am not too technical :-( ] are good. the tire pressure was on the higher side, but was reduced to the recommended [30psi]
Old 6th May 2011, 05:55   #159
Team-BHP Support

As per my understanding, worn out tyres cannot be balanced perfectly, but alignment can still be done. I am not sure how Tyre Empire was able to balance them.

For a detailed tecnical discussion, i suggest we take this to the other thread from Nikhil in the Technical Section for discussion. This thread is ideally for reviews on Madhus alone.
Old 6th May 2011, 08:12   #160
Senior - BHPian

Nikihil and Madhus, congrats on completing 30 years of tyre services, I personally am a customer for half of those years and wishing you and your team all the very best for the future.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:34   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As per my understanding, worn out tyres cannot be balanced perfectly, but alignment can still be done. I am not sure how Tyre Empire was able to balance them.

For a detailed tecnical discussion, i suggest we take this to the other thread from Nikhil in the Technical Section for discussion. This thread is ideally for reviews on Madhus alone.
oops . Is it possible to move the post there? will save from duplicating the entire info.
Old 7th May 2011, 10:45   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Nikihil and Madhus, congrats on completing 30 years of tyre services, I personally am a customer for half of those years and wishing you and your team all the very best for the future.
Thank you Hari! Wish you also a very happy birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENnist View Post
Went to Madhu's today for wheel alignment. the car was pulling to the left and there was a noise in running as if the wheel has a bit of play. after wheel alignment, the noise is gone, but now the pulling is towards right. the technician told me that some amount of left / right pulling is expected as the tires are pretty old.

need to go back and get the alignment checked again tomorrow. the problem with pulling to right is that after some time, the right arm starts paining as you have to continuously keep it slightly pushed. just by driving it till my home in Sarjapur road, i was not able to take it. i have a Kerala trip planned for this weekend and i dont think i can manage it till there. on the contrary when it was pulling towards left, i just needed one finger to keep it straight, but still was comfortably able to rest my hand. [completely understand either of them is not good for the car; not just the comfort POV]

@Nikhil - have a question; if you could clarify that, will be helpful. before that, i need to tell you the history of this issue. the wheels used to wobble beyond 80kmph and i got the wheels balanced at 'Tyre Empire' on Whitefield road. [it's on the way to my office and was easily accessible]. the tech over there suggested that i do alignment as well, but did not do that bcos there were other 2 vehicles in queue for the same, and i was short of time as i had to leave for Kerala the same day, in fact in a couple of hours.

so i did the balancing and left the place, wobbling was sorted out completely, but i could find that the car was pulling to the left slightly, but very much manageable. so i left it at that and drove down to KL. after covering almost 450-500 KMS i started noticing this mild, but continuous 'jig-jig' noise as if there is some bit of play on the wheel(s). reached home [Cochin] and checked the wheels for any play; dint find any, and left it at that. since the schedule was tight, i could not take it for further diagnosis. and all 4 days when i was there, the car was not used. on 25th eve, we started back, the noise was minimal and the pull towards left continued. reached bangalore and the noise became more and more evident and thats when i decided to come to Madhu's.

the question i have is,does the age of the tires alone affect the alignment?

i have done wheel rotation appropiately and the all the tires, including the spare has even wear. but before the balancing was done and the alignment issue cropped up, the steering was dead straight, with the same set of tires. all the other parameters which could affect, are proper. the tech at your place confirmed that the tie rods, arms, bearings [basically all under body elements - i am not too technical :-( ] are good. the tire pressure was on the higher side, but was reduced to the recommended [30psi]

I will post my reply here. The mods can move it to the wheel alignment thread.

1). Worn out tyres cannot be balanced well.

2). They can be aligned, however due to uneven wear, there will always be a pulling to one side or some other problem. This is why when you change 1 or 2 tyres, it is recommended that tyres at the front have equal wear.

Zennist, please give me a call. I will sort out this matter for you. I will PM you my number.

Also, without looking at the tyres, I cant really comment on your particular issue.

The 500 kms you drove without alignment could have resulted in uneven wear which might make alignment difficult. Also, older tyres develop something called "Road Force". So, even though alignment is perfect, they could pull to one side. Alignment is actually done to the suspension and not to the wheels.

In your case, we need to do a bit of trial and error in terms of tyre rotation to minimise the pulling.

As I said, give me a call.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:42   #163
BHPian

Took my fiesta for alignment, balancing and wheel rotation yesterday to Madhus @ langford road. The experience is awesome, true professional job. One of the advantages of Madhus I feel is you can book time you drop in! Usually you get serviced at that time. Whole exercise took little more than 30 min.

As part of tyre rotation, I asked technician to put spare tire on rear left wheel (damn one of the wheel is steel, other wise it could have just fixing the wheel!). My only issue now is the changed tires valve stem hasn't fitted correctly, I have issue with measuring the pressure. Pressure gauge doesn't fit correctly, air leaks and pressure couldn't be measured. I have portable air compressor, pumping air also difficult on this wheel. I should have verified it at Madhus, but anyway its not a major issue as this can be done any tire shop nearer to my house.
Old 30th May 2011, 12:25   #164
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod : Please note that Team-BHP does NOT permit any discussion on discounts or special prices offered to BHPians.
Old 6th June 2011, 14:28   #165
MCR
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Saraswathipuram , Mysore)

Had gone to Madhus Service, Mysore for a wheel Alignment, balancing and tyre rotation. The required things were taken care of. They first completed the alignment and later on took up the balancing and tyre rotation work. Also a puncture was fixed. All in all a very satisfactory visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks