Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 09:59   #181
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
I was personally with the technician during the works, and I had seen the balancing was set to '0' meaning it was balanced at least on the machine.
I have my wheel balancing done at the Bridgestone/Michellin tyre and wheel alignment center at Minister road, Hyderabad. The technician finishes the work with the computer showing some of the values in yellow (instead of green), so I asked, "Doesn't yellow indicate that the values are not in the correct range?" and the technician replied, "We don't look at the color and only look at the number," and he added that the negative number displayed on-screen indicated the right setting. It is not very confidence-inspiring when the computer, drawing upon a database of recommendations from experts, says otherwise.
Old 25th September 2011, 10:41   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Can you post a pic of the alignment report? Then we'll be able to tell you if the technician was wrong or not.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:24   #183
Team-BHP Support

I was at Madhus on Saturday morning to get the wheel balancing done on my Scorp. I experienced vibrations in the steering as the vehicle climbed over 100 kmph.

Service was smooth, and quick and my family waited inside the cool environs of the shop as the work was carried out.

I havent been able to check if the issue has been resolved, but just an update here on the service offered.
Old 28th September 2011, 08:26   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Can you post a pic of the alignment report? Then we'll be able to tell you if the technician was wrong or not.
Sure! I've attached the alignment report. This was right after I hit an unmarked speed breaker on the highway at about 35 kmph and lost the power steering and AC belts.

BTW, I just noticed the forum doesn't support the BBCode for tables.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf wheel-align1.pdf (12.7 KB, 495 views)

Last edited by k_nitin_r : 28th September 2011 at 08:30.
Old 28th September 2011, 09:27   #185
BHPian

Have booked a slot for this saturday at 11 AM in the langford road outlet. This is my first visit to Madhus and that way, hope to meet a fellow team-bhpian too...
Old 28th September 2011, 13:33   #186
Senior - BHPian

I had done my alignment there, took the car back, on driving the car was found to be pulling to one side. went back after couple of weeks, they checked the alignment again for free and confirmed that the alignment was perfect and pulling is due to the worn out tires. They were right. Good service.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 14:16   #187
Senior - BHPian

I need to replace the rear tire on my ninja. I have already sourced the tire (Pirelli Sport Demon 140/70/17). Does Madhus attend to bikes too? I called but they weren't sure. Also i need to know if the wheel balancing is required post the tire change.

Please advise.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:10   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I need to replace the rear tire on my ninja. I have already sourced the tire (Pirelli Sport Demon 140/70/17). Does Madhus attend to bikes too? I called but they weren't sure. Also i need to know if the wheel balancing is required post the tire change.

A wheel balance is needed when you fit a new pair of tyres over your rims (either the tyre or the rim would be uneven). Some dealers throw it in as a part of the package when you buy the tyres but the Bridgestone/Michellin store that I buy tyres from at Minister road, Hyderabad, does not.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:27   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
A wheel balance is needed when you fit a new pair of tyres over your rims (either the tyre or the rim would be uneven).
I am aware of this. But AFAIK, no one does balancing/alignment for bikes when new tires are fitted, hence my post.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:46   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya

I am aware of this. But AFAIK, no one does balancing/alignment for bikes when new tires are fitted, hence my post.
True , I have not heard of balancing bike wheels. Although I have come across hero Honda bikes wit steel weights on their alloys . Do let me know if you find a shop that balances bike alloys
Old 28th September 2011, 20:04   #191
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please advise.
Adi, there was a thread on xBHP for Superbikes wheel alignment and balancing. Not sure if your particular query is addressed but no harm in checking out.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 12:05   #192
BHPian

Back from Madhu's after doing the balancing/alignment for my ride.Saw a TBHP stickered KL10 Ikon just pulling out of Madhu's when I drove in. On the service part, no complaints and lots of praises.Got a discount ( which I think is for the BHPians) (?) cos in my invoice, could see reference to Team-BHP.Thanks Nikhil for taking care.Thumbs up for the service/job done.
Old 1st October 2011, 14:15   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Got a discount ( which I think is for the BHPians) (?) cos in my invoice, could see reference to Team-BHP.
Did you have a Team-BHP sticker on or did you tell them you are a BHPian? I'm sticker-less. I lost all my stickers during an accident repair while the car was loaned out twice (first time they fitted a new bumper and second time they simply patched it up after removing the stickers). I'm planning to visit Moto Axis and am hoping they've got Team-BHP discounts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Posted my alignment report in this thread. I was wondering if you get all the adjustments to 'green' (assuming you've got an alignment device that shows you this with a color code) when you get the alignment done.
Old 1st October 2011, 20:37   #194
Senior - BHPian

Got the tyres changed this evening to Michelin for my Getz at Madhus. Staff did a commendable job though it was raining heavily. Thoroughly professional. Time taken for replacing, alignment and balancing was roughly 1 hour in the rain though there was considerable crowd waiting.

Ride felt quite good post the job.

Way to go!!!
Old 15th October 2011, 12:21   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Sure! I've attached the alignment report. This was right after I hit an unmarked speed breaker on the highway at about 35 kmph and lost the power steering and AC belts.

BTW, I just noticed the forum doesn't support the BBCode for tables.
The AFTER report seems to be fine. If you are still having problems, it means either their machine isnt calibrated or something else is the problem.
Quote:
Alignment basically refers to making sure all the tyres are pointing in the same direction. For bikes, this is quite natural. It can easily be seen or felt if one tyre is not aligned. Your bike will basically by un-rideable!

Balancing is done for bikes but most places (including ours) dont have bike balancing mchines simply because it isnt worthwhile. Balancing doesnt make that much of a difference to steel rims. Earlier, it used to be called wheel truing or something like that.

Now that lloy wheels are common, bike balancing should take off...

Others, thanks for the feedback!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks