Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2018, 11:11   #916
BHPian
 
asit.kulkarni93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune/ Bahrain
Posts: 621
Thanked: 690 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Why do you want to re-register it to MH12? What's the issue in keeping it MH46? No one in Pune will have a problem you driving around with a MH46 reg car.
I'd suggest you keep the car MH46 and just get the RC transferred to your name.

Unless he doesn't have an address in or around Panvel he can't just transfer the car to his name under the MH-46 RTO. He has to get an NOC from there and register it in Pune. Either ways he will be driving around in a MH-46 registered vehicle as within the state the Number doesn't change.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 21:52   #917
BHPian
 
anshuman_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: India
Posts: 213
Thanked: 408 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Hi all, I have a query: what should be a good cost for an Audi Q3 Nov 2015 model, run for about 10,000 (ten thousand) kms in Bangalore? Any idea what a new car would have cost back then and what should be a good rate now. I have seen the car and it is as good as new.

Thanks in advance!
anshuman_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2018, 14:35   #918
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Hi All,

Need suggestion in buying a pre owned polo with these details:
1. KMS run: ~9300
2. MFG & Reg: Oct 2015
3. Trim: Comfortline 1.2Petrol ABS 2 Airbags
4. Damages: Visually None. Looks pristine.
5. No of Owner: 1
6. Final Price: 5.2L


Is it worth a go? I am planning to get a checkup done at Volkswagen service before finalizing the vehicle.

Last edited by amods : 10th April 2018 at 14:49.
amods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2018, 16:22   #919
BHPian
 
KaandBaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 187
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar82 View Post

One last word of caution - AVOID ABULKALAM CARS (AK CARS) AT ALL COSTS!!!
Apologies to quote a old post, but I also have a similar story(not mine , a friend who had to suffer coz of shoddy practices of AK cars)

If you check all the advertisements by the crook on OLX, you would notice all cars have a ODO range of 45-50K kilometers. Also all cars are Mumbai RTO registered. He basically just cars for cheap from Mumbai, repaints it, slaps some faux leather seats and sells it to unsuspecting buyers.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2018, 19:18   #920
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 564
Thanked: 520 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Hi All,

Need suggestion in buying a pre owned polo with these details:
1. KMS run: ~9300
2. MFG & Reg: Oct 2015
3. Trim: Comfortline 1.2Petrol ABS 2 Airbags
4. Damages: Visually None. Looks pristine.
5. No of Owner: 1
6. Final Price: 5.2L

Is it worth a go? I am planning to get a checkup done at Volkswagen service before finalizing the vehicle.
2 words - Simply Overpriced. I wouldn't pay anything beyond 4.3L despite knowing the resale values being higher in bangalore. The owner will have to wait for an eternity to get the price he is expecting, unless he sells it to someone in close proximity.

Please continue posting here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-1-a-846.html

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 10th April 2018 at 19:20.
jetsetgo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 08:43   #921
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 536
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Hi Guys,
Looking at picking up a 2014 April Gypsy soft top for use on weekends.
Car is Goa Registered but for sale on OLX in Bombay. 2nd. Owner. Run 18500 Kms.
Goa RTO has issued an NOC. Have checked this on the Vahaan site.

I have a few queries about the points below :
1. No service history after second free service. Is it advisable to pursue this car further? I intend to take a Maruti Service Advisor with me to check it out.
2. Asking price is 5.50L including power steering, alloy wheels and A.C. and free flow exhaust. I do not intend paying any more than 4.00L. Is this a fair price?
3. I intend to use the car in Goa so, if I buy it, I will drive it back down there. However, I am not sure if once an NOC is issued to a vehicle whether the car can be transferred to another owner in that State itself?
4. Anything specific that I should look out for?

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.
Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 08:46   #922
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,401
Thanked: 2,868 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Having a trusted mechanic along to check the Gypsy is a good idea.

The process for re-registering the vehicle in Goa involves getting a NOC not in use certificate from the concerned RTO in Mumbai. You can then take the NOC back to the RTO in Goa that issued it, and get the NOC cancelled.

If the tax has been refunded to the original owner you will have to pay life tax afresh on the vehicle. Else the original tax that he had paid should still be available with the RTO and it won't cost you beyond the usual re-registration fees.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 08:59   #923
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 536
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

The process for re-registering the vehicle in Goa involves getting a NOC not in use certificate from the concerned RTO in Mumbai. You can then take the NOC back to the RTO in Goa that issued it, and get the NOC cancelled.

If the tax has been refunded to the original owner you will have to pay life tax afresh on the vehicle. Else the original tax that he had paid should still be available with the RTO and it won't cost you beyond the usual re-registration fees.
Hi Hserus,
Thanks for the super fast reply.

I have never been involved with this NOC business before so really glad that you answered.
So, what you are saying is that the NOC is usually issued to a particular RTO in another State?
How would the Owner know to which RTO (e.g. MH01/02/03/04) to make the NOC out to when he has not yet got a buyer?
How will I know if the tax has been refunded to the last Owner? The person selling the car is a "dealer" who claims he is a "friend" of the Owner.

I am also a bit concerned that even the 3rd free service has not been made use of but I guess I can take the car to an M.A.S.S. and get a thorough engine check done.

Thanks in advance,
SS
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 14:34   #924
BHPian
 
shreyak_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Meerut/M'lore
Posts: 193
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

A friend is looking to pick up a 2016 May KA20 registered Brio S MT done 25000 kms. Asking price is 4.25 lakhs and the dealer is ready to give it for 4. The problem is that he will be the third owner because according to the dealer the second owner just bought it 15 days back but got her visa so is moving out. I drove the car, got it checked by a mechanic also. The condition is fine and the service history is also clean, last service being done in November 2017. What do you think about this deal? What more can he do to assure that everything being said is genuine?
shreyak_ss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 16:36   #925
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,401
Thanked: 2,868 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

The noc should be valid for any RTO in Mumbai or even Maharashtra depending on how it is worded.

Stay away from this car due to dodgy service record and being sold by a dealer. Regardless of whether the dealer claims the old buyer was his friend, cousin or whatever else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Hserus,
Thanks for the super fast reply.

I have never been involved with this NOC business before so really glad that you answered.
So, what you are saying is that the NOC is usually issued to a particular RTO in another State?
How would the Owner know to which RTO (e.g. MH01/02/03/04) to make the NOC out to when he has not yet got a buyer?
How will I know if the tax has been refunded to the last Owner? The person selling the car is a "dealer" who claims he is a "friend" of the Owner.

I am also a bit concerned that even the 3rd free service has not been made use of but I guess I can take the car to an M.A.S.S. and get a thorough engine check done.

Thanks in advance,
SS
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 19:58   #926
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 536
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Thanks Hserus.

Owner is denying that NOC has been issued even though I have seen the same on the Vahaan website. Something not right here.
Therefore, as you suggested, I have decided to stay away from this vehicle.

Could you please tell me the fair price for a 2010 Accord 2.4L AT? Owner expecting 6.00L. Direct deal with First Owner. Bombay registered. Run 30K Kms. Looks in very good condition from the pics I have seen. I was thinking about 4.25L. What mileage will this car give in the city? Any maintenance issues to worry about?

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2018, 13:40   #927
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Chennai
Posts: 21
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Hi Guys

Could you share your experience with UTrust, TrueValue etc., Which one is better? I would like to buy a certified car, since I am a novice w.r.to cars. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2018, 15:22   #928
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 454
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

I saw a used BMW X1, 2018 model used for some 2500 odd kms only. its a dealer demo car. and they are quoting around 33.50 lacs. generally I would not even consider a test drive car. but this got my interest somehow as its hardly used and price isn't so bad. though there is some space for negotiations ofcourse. so is it worth considering or should pass?

Last edited by magikrider : 28th May 2018 at 15:35.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2018, 15:53   #929
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Anand
Posts: 25
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Hello Members, As I am planning to buy 2014 Honda City VMT with 41000 kms @ 5.50 lacs and it is a 1st owner car. The insurance on the car has expired.

So, is it a good deal and what are the points to check in City iDtec before buying? The car is in Kolkata and I am going to take the car to Gujarat. So, please do suggest me for right price as well the check points to be taken care of before finalising. Waiting for your very fast reply friends. Drive Safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
I saw a used BMW X1, 2018 model used for some 2500 odd kms only. its a dealer demo car. and they are quoting around 33.50 lacs. generally I would not even consider a test drive car. but this got my interest somehow as its hardly used and price isn't so bad. though there is some space for negotiations ofcourse. so is it worth considering or should pass?
As, I guess first you need to see which version it is as the Base Expedition is very basic as it is not xDrive equipped. If it is M trim version you can just close your eyes and can proceed for purchase. As it would be steal deal and now a days even Demo cars are taken care of and rash driving is not allowed due to safety reasons.

Last edited by navin : 29th May 2018 at 16:18. Reason: grammar, typos, spelling
patel8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2018, 18:15   #930
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 454
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel8585 View Post
As, I guess first you need to see which version it is as the Base Expedition is very basic as it is not xDrive equipped. If it is M trim version you can just close your eyes and can proceed for purchase. As it would be steal deal and now a days even Demo cars are taken care of and rash driving is not allowed due to safety reasons.
Its a sDrive20d X-line model.

Theres one more similar model of 2016 also for 22 lacs. 8000km driven. Though have yet to inquire about that with the dealer. And one 2015 X3 20d expedition (11000 kms) for 23 lacs. But I would prefer the current model of either and not older versions of X1/X3.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India GTO On buying a car 274 30th July 2018 11:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks