Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/68581-article-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi-check-list-11.html)

But couldn't they fiddle with the odo and "take us for a ride"? That is, sell us a test drive car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 1716627)
But couldn't they fiddle with the odo and "take us for a ride"? That is, sell us a test drive car?

This has already been discussed in this thread and also the precaution to take to ensure this does not happen. Please do read from the start.

One more thing, is this PDI to be done at the stockyard before the car has been registered to our name or when we go to collect the car on date of delivery? Sorry, if I sound silly but it was 10 years ago that dad bought a car and I was a kiddo then.

You need to do the PDI before the car gets registered in your name.Once it's already registered in your name nothing can be done.

Guys - where can i get the PDI in XL form to down load and print ?

@ Narayan,

Here is the link for PDI list in excel.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-pdi-excel.xls

Hi Guys,My sis is going to send her car to Reg tomorrow.The Sales guy is telling her that PDI can be skipped as they have already done it and they want to send it for Registration directly.I was very angry with this and told them that we need to do the PDI and he cannot register without PDI from our side.Now he has to get the car from stockyard which is very far (Banaswadi , bangalore ).The dealer is in dairy circle, bannerghatta road ( Concorde motors ). Now my question is if something happens to the car like scratches etc is the dealer still responsible? I understand that untill the car is registered to our name he will be responsible no matter what happens. Am i right ?

Yes, as long as you check the car before its registered in your name, you are all set.

Number plates is a common goofup . One of my friends had booked a TATA Sumo couple of years back . When the number was 2525 , the board we got was 5252

We had to change it after 2 months of driving the vehicle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranga (Post 1766675)
Number plates is a common goofup . One of my friends had booked a TATA Sumo couple of years back . When the number was 2525 , the board we got was 5252

We had to change it after 2 months of driving the vehicle

You can say that again. A friend of mine drove a C segmenter with the number 3663. Once day, while casually looking through her glovebox, I saw an RC book that read 6336. That's a FULL YEAR after she'd taken delivery.

Dealer = National Garage.

Can anybody tell me if 111kms on the odo is too much for a new car? i checked my car at the stock yard and this is what I found on the odo. Also, if anyone can help me with my VIN. MCA11071609013425ANZ.
On checking the vehicle, I found the following: gap wider on the left side of the Boot; Left front door slightly out of alignment; left front side floor cladding out;glove compartment protrudes from the right side; gaps in all the silver strips around the car;badge on boot not aligned vertically.
I have pointed out all this to the Dealer (Bharati Automobiles- Jogeshwari, Mumbai). Hope they have all this fixed during the PDI.
Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by capshai (Post 1768980)
Can anybody tell me if 111kms on the odo is too much for a new car? i checked my car at the stock yard and this is what I found on the odo. Also, if anyone can help me with my VIN. MCA11071609013425ANZ.
On checking the vehicle, I found the following: gap wider on the left side of the Boot; Left front door slightly out of alignment; left front side floor cladding out;glove compartment protrudes from the right side; gaps in all the silver strips around the car;badge on boot not aligned vertically.
I have pointed out all this to the Dealer (Bharati Automobiles- Jogeshwari, Mumbai). Hope they have all this fixed during the PDI.
Thank you.

With all those issues you have mentioned, dont take this car. Seems like a potential lemon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by capshai (Post 1768980)
Thank you.

Don't go for the car, I would suggest you to ask the dealer to provide you a different car.

If you found too many alignment issues on this car compared to other Linea's in the stock yard better avoid this car.

As for the VIN is concerned, its a 1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack, Manufactured in January 2010.

just stay away from the car as it could also be an accidental one