Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/68581-article-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi-check-list-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by capshai (Post 1768980)
Can anybody tell me if 111kms on the odo is too much for a new car? i checked my car at the stock yard and this is what I found on the odo. Also, if anyone can help me with my VIN. MCA11071609013425ANZ.
On checking the vehicle, I found the following: gap wider on the left side of the Boot; Left front door slightly out of alignment; left front side floor cladding out;glove compartment protrudes from the right side; gaps in all the silver strips around the car;badge on boot not aligned vertically.
I have pointed out all this to the Dealer (Bharati Automobiles- Jogeshwari, Mumbai). Hope they have all this fixed during the PDI.
Thank you.

Stockyard 111 seems suspicious. A brand new car should not have this many issues in fit and finish. Ask for a different allotment , check it out before accepting it - dont let them register it before you are satisfied. . Use the VIN thread in the forum to check manufacturing month and year

Please donot accept this car.

However, 111 kms in the odo is common for all FIAT cars. I have seen ODO readings ranging 50 to 150 kms in all Linea's and Punto's parked at the Concorde Chennai yard.

Gaps in the chrome strip struck to the body is also fine as the strip is attached to the body using clips. These strips are not glue type found in other cars.

Otherwise, pls donot accept the car. Demand for another one.

I feel this might have been used for TD. Alignment issues should not be taken lightly. I doubt if there will be an alignment issue from the factory. I feel this is a fixed car. hey TASS, why cant you at least fix it properly. Please do not let them allow to reset. Watch for the VIN number. You just ask for another vehicle, check that too properly.

Hi Friends,

Will soon be picking up my first new car. I am planning to do PDI as prescribed by team-bhp. What I am not sure of is when to do it.
This is what the sales guy has told me.
1. Car comes in stockyard.
2. Car comes from stockyard to the dealer basement.
3. Car goes from there to the RTO office for registeration.

Now PDI will have relevance only if done at step 1 or 2.
What is bugging me is that a lot of things can happen while car comes from stockyard to the dealer basement. So PDI will have more relevance if done at dealer's basement? I was planning to visit the stockyard just to have a look and note the chassis number etc. And to do the detailed PDI only when car reaches dealer's place. What team-bhp says?

BTW what are the options before me if something happens AFTER the PDI while the car goes from dealership to the RTO office for registeration?????

Guys just been informed by the Sales person that they do not allow people in the stockyard!!!!! Has anyone else in Bangalore bought cars from Concorde Bangalore(Dairy Circle) and was refused to let into the stockyard????

I think dealers normally would not prefer customers to see the stockyard considering the way the cars are kept there. Even the BMW stockyard near Navnit motors look pathetic. In most cases, cars are kept in open air without any cleaning. Only when customer comes they clean the car. Would suggest people to be wary when picking up cars which are in the dealers stock. Some of them may be lying there for months.

@ Download2live : The key point here is, CHECK your car before registration (to approve the said piece) and then, BEFORE delivery (to ensure no damage on your approved car).

Go check the car in the dealer's basement before RTO formalities commence.

Hi all, thanks to Normally Crazy, for the PDI check list.
I have booked a 1.3MultiJtet Punto, Bossa White, EMOTION model.

Any Key points to looks out for in it as earlier there were many complaints over the Interiors plastics, and rear lightings !

Folksm please check the chassis number of the CAR (ingrained in the body and not stickers on glass) with your original invoice, Tax recept and RC book.

Check Chassi no against
1) Dealer Tax invoice
2) Insurance cover note
3) Car body
4) Tax paid receipts
5) RC Book
6) Bank letters if any.

I just found there is one digit error in my chassis no in tax paid receipt. Have brought it to notice of dealer. They said that it will be sorted out before the smart card is issued.

BTW, what is the procedure to correct it ? if smart card also carried wrong info ? I believe the number on Tax invoice & Car if match will be the true values (master values) and all other documents should correct it against the same ?

Is it engraved same place for all cars or is it different ? Can somebody clarify for i20 ?

Thanks for the detailed pre-delivery info. Planning to purchase my new car later this Month

Yes the Pre delivery inspection check list is very usefull , will use it when i take my new car next week

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 1773487)
Guys just been informed by the Sales person that they do not allow people in the stockyard!!!!! Has anyone else in Bangalore bought cars from Concorde Bangalore(Dairy Circle) and was refused to let into the stockyard????

Hi,

Yes, i got the same answer from the SP from Concorde[Mysore road br.], & also he told me to visit showroom tomorrow, to see the allotted car, & also to do PDI personally.

No problem if you aren't allowed an inspection in the stock yard. However, be sure to:

1. NOT sign on any registration papers until you approve a particular car

2. Thoroughly check the car (inside out). Refer to the first page of this thread for complete guidelines

3. Note the chassis / engine number of your "approved" car. Enter these onto the RTO papers and only then, sign on the same.

I had booked a Punto Emotion Pack (2010 model) on 15th May and went to do the PDI today ( before registration). To my horror I found out that it was a 2009 model. I refused to accept the car.
The showroom people mentioned that there must have been a screw up somewhere and will investigate. But I was also given an explanation by the showroom manager that Fiat sells 2009 cars as 2010 models. Though the paper says 2009, it is actually a 2010 make.
I refused to buy into that explanation.
It might sound stupid , But my question ( and if anybody has any contact with the higher ups in Fiat) is can a 2009 model be sold conforming to Euro IV norms etc ?
I have also emailed Fiat customer care with this query.
Mods : I am not sure if this is the right thread to post the query. Please let me know.