Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 19:41   #151
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
I got the damping material from a shop in JC road who was a distributor for Hamaan. After negotiating for sometime i paid 4000 for 6 damping sheets. Each door required 1.5 sheet. Could you please elaborate on the labour cost?
Well when I enquired about the dampmat I got a quote of 8k for dampmat flex material . But to my surprise the labour cost to do the damping is almost 8k including the extra material and mats . So total cost to get the doors damped 16k . And that was enough for me not to get it done .
Old 11th September 2015, 22:38   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Well when I enquired about the dampmat I got a quote of 8k for dampmat flex material . But to my surprise the labour cost to do the damping is almost 8k including the extra material and mats . So total cost to get the doors damped 16k . And that was enough for me not to get it done .
That's quite on a higher side. Sachin's autoshop at Koramangala quoted 5k for the Damping of 4 doors and their material felt great. That's where i got my installation done( only installation). You can PM for any details whatsover.
Old 19th September 2015, 19:17   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
i paid 4000 for 6 damping sheets.
What was the size of each sheet ?
Old 6th October 2015, 11:28   #154

Re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV 500

Hey Guys,

Apologies, to troll on this thread. I am planning to book the XUV 500 W4 on Wednesday. However, I am still concerned on the aftermarket ICE install. I have read everywhere saying that its not easy and it cannot be done.

The W4 has a very basic system and no other electronic feature in it. Attaching the image of the centre console that hosts the W4 music system.

I would like to know if anyone out there has replaced the headunit with a 2 DIN, and is not facing any problems.

The dealer says that the airbags and some other electronics are connected to that music system. Please can someone throw some light on this. I don't think I have too much time to do so.

Your help, information, experience, opinions are all welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img20150920wa0014.jpg  

Old 6th October 2015, 13:51   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Govind View Post
hi folks - so I finally got my XUV last Friday and it's been absolutely exhilarating driving it!

====
Could I request those who have done after market mods to kindly advise how they have sorted this problem?. Was another speaker fitted elsewhere or something?

Thanks.
Hey, I wanted to check with you where you got the music system upgrade done?

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th December 2019 at 15:14. Reason: Trimming quoted large post. thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 19:07   #156

a friend auto store in Bangalore.
Anand Govind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 19:43   #157

@Anand Govind - A friend store - as in the name is friend store or have you used the word friend in its true meaning. Where is it in Bangalore?
jacob_inasu@gma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 21:36   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_inasu@gma View Post
Hey Guys,

Apologies, to troll on this thread. I am planning to book the XUV 500 W4 on Wednesday. However, I am still concerned on the aftermarket ICE install. I have read everywhere saying that its not easy and it cannot be done.
Came across this set up by Harmonixx for an XUV , posting the picture for your reference from their Facebook page .
https://www.facebook.com/harmonixxau...type=3&theater

Not commercially involved with them
soumen.blore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 15:53   #159

Hey Soumen, thank you for sharing the link for Harmonixx, I briefly interacted with him over mails. The next couple of lines here is to benefit those who want to pick up an XUV 500 and upgrade the head unit and speakers at a cost that does not tear any innerwear

Variant decision:
Having gone through many many threads I was a little concerned on the purchase of an XUV 500 mainly because of the lack of information on ICE upgrade. I listen to music only while driving and I do a lot of long trips, music becomes essential. Options were to either pick up a second hand fortuner or a brand new XUV 500, W6 onwards, the infotainment comes into play and along with it other electronic gadgetry that might require to retain the OEM unit. I made up my mind about W4 variant - in this variant, there is a music system, though the display is a small LCD screen - where information is shown like a calculator. The best part of it, it has space for a 2DIN allocated to it as well, I have shown the picture in my previous posts here in this topic.
ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-w4.jpg

ICE Install:
Anyway, I picked up a 2DIN - Pioneer AVH 275BT, took it to the showroom. The initial response from the accessories manager was that it cannot be done cause there is space only for a single DIN (He wans't aware that the latest XUV's W4 variant had space for a 2DIN), having proved him wrong and showing him the 2DIN space, he took on the job of fitting it into the car. And guess what!! It fits perfectly ;-) ok thats a little too much, it fits right, though there is a little silver shown on the side (you can only see this if you concentrate for it), anyway I was really happy with the job done, no warranty issues cause I got it done at the showroom. This was the most technical part of it, cause the speakers can be fitted anywhere.

I decided to reuse my existing speakers and amplifiers from my previous car, its pretty decent system. Went to Satya from EVO, his biggest concern was the replacement of the head unit, which I had sorted out for him. Apart from that based on my previous experience with him, I took the big plunge. Attaching the pictures from the install. I am not sure how I can add a video to this, would like to share the quality of music also. I'm in Bangalore, anyone interested, let me know. I'm in Mahadevpure. I am happy with the install, there are a few things which I am not happy about, but I guess thats because I got the install done in a brand new car. The job was done very well, Satya has dedicated boys with him, though they appear unapproachable, I was gladly surprised how they went about the install. I would recommend him anytime. A couple of things, damping mats - this is a big question for everyone here, I didnt have the budgets for damping mats and therefore decided to go with a foam sheet to cut noise and rattles. I must say its done a pretty good job. Costs much cheaper than mats, gets the job done. Mats also add weight to the doors, I'm not sure how sturdy the XUV 500 doors are :-), I'm no audiophile, though my choices of genres are varied from country, to regional to eletcro during those show off times ;-) and the system does its job. I'm a lay man speaking, don't have degrees to support my choices and decisions made - ultimately its my decision and I'm happy.
ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-31828a9a8b9329898b574c07bbed42f1.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0109.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-970d742387150162c99914722f452504.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-b4c76b5ee574c08eb31c61e3f0d9c5f4.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-8eaefdf495603ea29ec4f7d5e05f45e2.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0111.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-88c9d4edcb41d3cdb122e5625acb9d4e.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0115.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0112.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0113.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0117.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0118.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0114.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0120.jpg

Driving:
I haven't fully opened her up as yet, letting it run in. Just completed about 1500 kms. Trying to get a couple of long trips in before 5000kms. Nothing much to add her apart from what has already been discussed in detail, the steering column rubbing against the foot, difficultly to get it into 1st and 2nd, no power in 1st and 2nd, surprised power in 3rd, etc. Over all I'm happy, still getting used to the wide body of the car.

Customisation:
I decided to go with a black and white look, did a computer generated image of the same before I went all out to spend that kind of money. Here are a pics from concept to actual.

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0030.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-img_0048.jpg

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-31e83bfbcf376345298e4ac13d8262d6.png

ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500-b0c038ad9cdbe6eeeeccbebb1f585268.jpg

Will share an update soon. Hope my experience with ICE upgrade helps someone.

Thank you.
jacob_inasu@gma is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 16:40   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Soumen, thank you for sharing the link for Harmonixx, I briefly interacted with him over mails. The next couple of lines here is to benefit those who want to pick up an XUV 500 and upgrade the head unit and speakers at a cost that does not tear any innerwear

Variant decision:
Having gone through many many threads I was a little concerned on the purchase of an XUV 500 mainly because of the lack of information on ICE upgrade. I listen to music only while driving and I do a lot of long trips, music becomes essential. Options were to either pick up a second hand fortuner or a brand new XUV 500, W6 onwards, the infotainment comes into play and along with it other electronic gadgetry that might require to retain the OEM unit. I made up my mind about W4 variant - in this variant, there is a music system, though the display is a small LCD screen - where information is shown like a calculator. The best part of it, it has space for a 2DIN allocated to it as well, I have shown the picture in my previous posts here in this topic.
Attachment 1441607

ICE Install:
Anyway, I picked up a 2DIN - Pioneer AVH 275BT, took it to the showroom. The initial response from the accessories manager was that it cannot be done cause there is space only for a single DIN (He wans't aware that the latest XUV's W4 variant had space for a 2DIN), having proved him wrong and showing him the 2DIN space, he took on the job of fitting it into the car. And guess what!! It fits perfectly ;-) ok thats a little too much, it fits right, though there is a little silver shown on the side (you can only see this if you concentrate for it), anyway I was really happy with the job done, no warranty issues cause I got it done at the showroom. This was the most technical part of it, cause the speakers can be fitted anywhere.

I decided to reuse my existing speakers and amplifiers from my previous car, its pretty decent system. Went to Satya from EVO, his biggest concern was the replacement of the head unit, which I had sorted out for him. Apart from that based on my previous experience with him, I took the big plunge. Attaching the pictures from the install.
Satya is brilliant, I got my sub and amplifier from him and going back to get the headunit in the coming week. Is that a pioneer 27090bt you got if yes can you please post some more pictures of the head unit . What speakers you have currently. Enjoy your system am sure it must be sounding great.
Old 20th November 2015, 17:10   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Satya is brilliant, I got my sub and amplifier from him and going back to get the headunit in the coming week. Is that a pioneer 27090bt you got if yes can you please post some more pictures of the head unit . What speakers you have currently. Enjoy your system am sure it must be sounding great.
The headunit is a Pioneer AVH 275BT, bought it from Singapore (Downside - does not play original Indian DVD, only ripped one :-)) The speakers i'm running:
Cerwin Vega - Components (Front)
DB Polk Audio - Components (Rear)
POlk momo 12" Subs *2

Had a Polk Momo 6*9, couldn't use it for this build, replaced with Cerwin Vega and pushed my old front speakers to the rear.
Old 20th November 2015, 17:33   #162
BHPian

Congrats on the mods. I think you have stuffed the doors with foam, it will get soaked in heavy rain, not good for the doors. Also there is no benefit in stuffing the door and for an IB speaker, the front and back waves should never meet as it will cancel each other.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 20th November 2015 at 17:35.
Old 20th November 2015, 21:17   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Congrats on the mods. I think you have stuffed the doors with foam, it will get soaked in heavy rain, not good for the doors. Also there is no benefit in stuffing the door and for an IB speaker, the front and back waves should never meet as it will cancel each other.
Thanks for the head up, will be careful not to open the doors for a long time during heavy rains. Just for my information and knowledge, has this happened to you? Or have you heard of such a thing happening to anyone before?

IB speakers, not meeting sound waves, is that even possible? Would you be able to elaborate a little more on this? Stuffing the door has resulted in curbing sound of rattling, and speakers front and back sound waves will always meet, I'm missing the point here..
Old 20th November 2015, 22:09   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the head up, will be careful not to open the doors for a long time during heavy rains. Just for my information and knowledge, has this happened to you? Or have you heard of such a thing happening to anyone before?
Atleast all manufacturers know. Seems Mahindra is wrong in providing water outlet at the bottom of the doors in their cars (including all other manufacturers). Inform them asap, please.

Quote:
IB speakers, not meeting sound waves, is that even possible? Would you be able to elaborate a little more on this? Stuffing the door has resulted in curbing sound of rattling, and speakers front and back sound waves will always meet, I'm missing the point here..
Google to know what IB speaker is and what an IB installation is and its basics. If you have any specific questions people will be able to answer.
Old 20th November 2015, 22:20   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Atleast all manufacturers know. Seems Mahindra is wrong in providing water outlet at the bottom of the doors in their cars (including all other manufacturers). Inform them asap, please.

I presume you are taking this the wrong way.

Google to know what IB speaker is and what an IB installation is and its basics. If you have any specific questions people will be able to answer.
Did google it. I'm not here to argue. Just share information and maybe it benefits someone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks