Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 15:14   #31
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Can someone suggest combinations to improve the sound delivery by replacing all four speakers, preferably rear ones with inbuilt subwoofer (e.g. Front - JBL GT6-S366 and Rear - JBL GTO 949) and one amplifier (e.g. JBL GT-X646) that occupies the place beneath one of the front/middle seats? The total cost of this upgrade should not exceed ~30k. I guess many XUV owners would go for this upgrade, if we devise one !

No I am not JBL Fan/Representative and My knowledge in ICEing is very limited so please excuse if the examples given above are not correct.
Please suggest better combinations considering the HU and space available in XUV.
@digitalSoul, Did you succeed in getting your speakers replaced? Please share the details.. With the cracking noise from the front LHS speakers and the quality being so bad, I am also on the look out. Only thing is that I dont want to go for the sub/amp route.. Been there done that for my all old cars.. Need a simple solution
Old 1st March 2012, 19:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
... dont want to go for the sub/amp route.. Been there done that for my all old cars ...
That sounds like a typical choice of equipment & tuning foisted by an overzealous installer, who doesn't actually listen to music himself. Otherwise, he would feel the pain himself what he imposes on others.

A good (even if it is economy models) set of equipment is meant to *just* replicate what the recording engineer wanted the others to hear. The 'simplicity' is in choosing the speakers that sound right to your ears. Please do ask the installers to give you an audition - the ones that refuse to do that are not worth talking to.

Start by auditioning Infinity Reference, Auditor, Morel Maximo, etc. components. A good pair of components in front will change your perception. Since you are the driver most of the times, that should satisfy you substantially. Change the coaxials in the rear doors later.

If you feel like adding an amp, it should be because you want the components in front to sound better, and not because you want to put a sub. You could put a sub on the 2nd pair of channels whenever you want, but ...

In the absence of a sub, 6x9 ovals would give a decent feeling of bass to complete the musical picture. However, I am not sure where in the XUV500 one could mount it - I am never in favor using them in boxes which clutter up the boot. Perhaps if the installer figures out a way of putting them on the rear door (the 5th door), you could have those driven by the 2nd pair of amp channels. Driven from the HU they won't sound as good in that position.
Old 1st March 2012, 21:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
That sounds like a typical choice of equipment & tuning foisted by an overzealous installer, who doesn't actually listen to music himself. Otherwise, he would feel the pain himself what he imposes on others.
============
I am never in favor using them in boxes which clutter up the boot. Perhaps if the installer figures out a way of putting them on the rear door (the 5th door), you could have those driven by the 2nd pair of amp channels. Driven from the HU they won't sound as good in that position.
Thanks @DelAlte.. Will follow the instructions. Acutally there is no space for 6x9s in XUV. Last row dedicated for the sub is not an option for me given my family size.. But the speakers which come with XUV are crappy. Especially after listening to my alpine HU, JBL Component front, JBL Mid range for rear and a Rockford fosgate sub in my last car, it is just pathetic.. I guess you compromise at some point.
Old 1st March 2012, 22:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
@digitalSoul, Did you succeed in getting your speakers replaced? Please share the details.. With the cracking noise from the front LHS speakers and the quality being so bad, I am also on the look out. Only thing is that I dont want to go for the sub/amp route.. Been there done that for my all old cars.. Need a simple solution
I have gone with Amp + Comps at both ends route in the end. I went for Focal Solid 4 + 4 Focal Polyglass 165 VB Components + 2 Rockford Fosgate HILOs + Scosche Wiring Kit + Focal Damping in all 4 doors. Total hole in pocket was 40K.
The end result is not as good as I had expected but my dealer has asked me to visit his place again on this weekend. I will post the FINAL opinion only after the weekend experience. Fingers Crossed !!!

Last edited by DigitalSoul : 1st March 2012 at 22:10.
Old 6th March 2012, 20:18   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I have gone with Amp + Comps at both ends route in the end. I went for Focal Solid 4 + 4 Focal Polyglass 165 VB Components + 2 Rockford Fosgate HILOs + Scosche Wiring Kit + Focal Damping in all 4 doors. Total hole in pocket was 40K.
The end result is not as good as I had expected but my dealer has asked me to visit his place again on this weekend. I will post the FINAL opinion only after the weekend experience. Fingers Crossed !!!
Whats the final verdict @DigitalSoul? Do you like the outcome?
Old 12th March 2012, 21:51   #36
BHPian

Dear Gurus,

I am sick of the OEM touch screen head unit on the XUV500,its plain pathetic.The remote is pathetic,doesn't work from the rear seats.We can't even fine-tune the equalizer.I have installed focal amps and an infinity sub which produces fantastic sound output.The Oem head unit sucks.There are AC controls,TPMS,GPS displayed on the head unit so it is absolutely impossible to replace the OEM HU.

I was wondering if I put a double din HU on the headrest and let the OEM head unit be the way it is.
I am chauffeur driven all the time in the xuv,I have a pioneer double din 4250,
Was thinking if I can place this on the left passenger head rest?
I can kind of fabricate it in the head rest and can manage with a little out of place head rest for the front seat.

Please throw some light on this,or if there is some other place where I can put the HU and control it from the rear seats.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th March 2012, 03:19   #37
BHPian

Hello kedarwalke

Get kenwood KOS A300 , it gets attached to OEM headunit and give awesome output . I have heard very good reviews about it , just check out and i think it will not disappoint you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Dear Gurus,

I am sick of the OEM touch screen head unit on the XUV500,its plain pathetic.The remote is pathetic,doesn't work from the rear seats.We can't even fine-tune the equalizer.I have installed focal amps and an infinity sub which produces fantastic sound output.The Oem head unit sucks.There are AC controls,TPMS,GPS displayed on the head unit so it is absolutely impossible to replace the OEM HU.

I was wondering if I put a double din HU on the headrest and let the OEM head unit be the way it is.
I am chauffeur driven all the time in the xuv,I have a pioneer double din 4250,
Was thinking if I can place this on the left passenger head rest?
I can kind of fabricate it in the head rest and can manage with a little out of place head rest for the front seat.

Please throw some light on this,or if there is some other place where I can put the HU and control it from the rear seats.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th March 2012, 01:43   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast
Hello kedarwalke

Get kenwood KOS A300 , it gets attached to OEM headunit and give awesome output . I have heard very good reviews about it , just check out and i think it will not disappoint you .
Thanks beast,can someone throw more details on kos A300.
Old 14th March 2012, 18:45   #39
BHPian

any suitable place in xuv for accommodating single din player?
Old 29th March 2012, 20:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the final verdict @DigitalSoul? Do you like the outcome?
Sincere Apologies for the delay in replying to this..

This time I was sent to another installer by my supplier and he did the magic.. Few wires changed.. No need to install sound processor.. Amplifier settings tuned.. Position of rear twitters changed..
Now it sounds awesome.. truely Awesome.. No Hiss Fiss even when gains are NOT set to zero! Just Purely Amazing Sound.. and yes this is without subwoofer.

Anyone in Pune (or come to Pune) is welcome to experience it
Let me know if there other question. would be happy and this time quick to answer

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th May 2012 at 10:50. Reason: ONLY 2 smileys per post. Please read the rules before proceeding.
DigitalSoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Sincere Apologies for the delay in replying to this..

This time I was sent to another installer by my supplier and he did the magic.. Few wires changed.. No need to install sound processor.. Amplifier settings tuned.. Position of rear twitters changed..
Now it sounds awesome.. truely Awesome.. No Hiss Fiss even when gains are NOT set to zero! Just Purely Amazing Sound.. and yes this is without subwoofer.

Anyone in Pune (or come to Pune) is welcome to experience it
Let me know if there other question. would be happy and this time quick to answer
One last time - Please list down the entire configuration - If you can add pics, then its even better. thanks in advance
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
One last time - Please list down the entire configuration - If you can add pics, then its even better. thanks in advance
Here goes the entire configuration -

Front - Focal Polyglass 165 VB Comps
Rear - Focal Polyglass 165 VB Comps (I can see some eyebros getting raised..
Amp - Focal Solid 4 Black
Damping - Focal BAM XL 1 Kit - All four doors damped (60%)
Hilo Converter - Rockford Fosgate - 2 Nos
Scosche Wiring Kit
Rockford Fosgate RCA Cord
DigitalSoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 12:37   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Scosche Wiring Kit
Nice list of equipment
Can you please post some install pictures ?.
Old 8th May 2012, 18:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul
=================
Can you provide itemwise breakup of the price, time taken for complete install & the installer/dealer's name & address
Old 10th May 2012, 14:32   #45
BANNED

Quote:

Scosche Wiring Kit
Thanks and really appreciate for this information.

Please share the break-up of price and also details from where you got everything fitted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks