Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:27   #121
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV 500

I finally went for Focal P 165 V30 for Front and Focal ISS 165 for Rear. Both are components from Focal with P 165 being a bit premium.

Sound has improved but not up to the expectation. The reason told by the installer is that I have to put Amplifier in order to get the real improvement in sound quality.

Have thought of installing it. But then I feel if I am putting Amp then why not go for a sub along with it and have a complete setup.

Thus, I am now waiting for my Amp and sub to be installed then I will give an update on overall system.

If you upgrade only speakers, you will not find much improvement in sound quality. The reason for this is the XUV head Unit is not capable of delivering the power required by these high end speakers. Moreover, the HU is calibrated / Tuned to work with stock speakers.

Hence, if you are expecting a decent improvement in sound then think of a complete setup as per your budget.
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:41   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
I finally went for Focal P 165 V30 for Front and Focal ISS 165 for Rear. Both are components from Focal with P 165 being a bit premium.

Sound has improved but not up to the expectation. The reason told by the installer is that I have to put Amplifier in order to get the real improvement in sound quality.

Have thought of installing it. But then I feel if I am putting Amp then why not go for a sub along with it and have a complete setup.

Thus, I am now waiting for my Amp and sub to be installed then I will give an update on overall system.

If you upgrade only speakers, you will not find much improvement in sound quality. The reason for this is the XUV head Unit is not capable of delivering the power required by these high end speakers. Moreover, the HU is calibrated / Tuned to work with stock speakers.

Hence, if you are expecting a decent improvement in sound then think of a complete setup as per your budget.
Thanks for the update, keep me posted. Did you buy the speakers from Snapdeal? Will they manage installation as well? How much did you pay for installation? Are you planning to buy the amp and sub from snapdeal again? If you are adding a sub, would you need a 4 channel amp?

Last edited by gurudutt : 2nd June 2014 at 12:42.
Old 13th June 2014, 00:49   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Thanks for the update, keep me posted. Did you buy the speakers from Snapdeal? Will they manage installation as well? How much did you pay for installation? Are you planning to buy the amp and sub from snapdeal again? If you are adding a sub, would you need a 4 channel amp?
An Update

Yes I got the speakers from snapdeal. They don't manage installation in Mumbai. Paid 500 rs for installing speakers.

If you are adding sub then you need a separate mono channel amp apart from 4 channel. . Or a 5 channel amp. Four speakers and one sub.

Last edited by sbr_yash : 13th June 2014 at 00:53.
Old 13th June 2014, 13:48   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... If you are adding sub then you need a separate mono channel amp apart from 4 channel. . Or a 5 channel amp. Four speakers and one sub.
Not really. A 4 channel suffices usually, unless one is looking for loud volume in rear seat or an SQL / SPL system. 2 channels to drive fronts, 2 channels bridged to drive sub.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:01   #125
BHPian

Finally got the complete ICE setup done. Sound Factor ( Ramie ) has done a Fabulous job and a Clean Installation.

- Focal P 165 V30 component in front
- Focal ISS 165 component in Rear
- Infinity Kappa Five channel Amp
- Powerbass SD12 shallow woofer (Allows all seats to be up)
- Audiocontrol LC6i sound processor
- Rockford Fosgate Rfk4x wiring kit and OFC speaker wire
- Rezomat Damping on all 5 doors

Total Cost 80,000 /-

System sounds clear and loud. Noticed the new strings / beats from the same songs after the installation
sbr_yash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 23:52   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got the complete ICE setup done. Sound Factor ( Ramie ) has done a Fabulous job and a Clean Installation.

- Focal P 165 V30 component in front
- Focal ISS 165 component in Rear
- Infinity Kappa Five channel Amp
- Powerbass SD12 shallow woofer (Allows all seats to be up)
- Audiocontrol LC6i sound processor
- Rockford Fosgate Rfk4x wiring kit and OFC speaker wire
- Rezomat Damping on all 5 doors

Total Cost 80,000 /-

System sounds clear and loud. Noticed the new strings / beats from the same songs after the installation
Can you please share some pictures of this new setup. I am more interested in the woofer, wanna see how and where its put.
Old 28th July 2014, 13:27   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Can you please share some pictures of this new setup. I am more interested in the woofer, wanna see how and where its put.

I have done this installation from Sound Factor (Rammie). He has uploaded lot of installation pics on his facebook page. Please refer the Facebook Page below

https://www.facebook.com/SoundFactor...type=1&theater
sbr_yash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 21:54   #128
BHPian

ICE for my XUV 500

Hi,

I just got an XUV 500 W-4 last week and want to get an ICE upgrade. I checked out with one dealer in Gurgaon and he recommended Kicker components (QS65.2 - quoted Rs. 31.5K per pair) with a 4-ch Kicker amplifier (Not sure which model it was, he quoted Rs 14K for it though).

I am thinking of getting these components for the front right now and will install another pair later (dough constraints). I searched the forum, but could not find any information on these components (quality and the price quoted).

Can somebody let me know if these are really worth the money. Also would like to know if the SQ will be good (considering i am unable to replace the HU).

One last thing, I really want to replace the HU of my XUV (OEM has neither USB nor BT), since it is a W4, there are no integrated electronics that come in the way of removing the HU. But, the dealers here in Gurgaon are unable to give a solution (due to lack of replacement console). Can somebody let me know if this is possible and where can i get this done. My budget for the console will be in the range of INR 3-5K.

Thanks in Advance..

Note from Support - Not more than two smilies allowed per post. Kindly follow the forum rules. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 30th August 2014 at 23:27. Reason: Note inline
Old 30th August 2014, 22:37   #129
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE for my XUV 500

From the figures quoted I am assuming your budget is around the 50K mark. If so then you can get much much better equipment than Kicker. BTW kicker is better known for their amplifier wiring kits than actual components. They do have some nice SPL subwoofers though.

I suggest you visit Motor Concepts in Raja Garden in Dilli and Autopsyche in Udyog Vihar in Gurgaon itself. Both of these places will not only do a proper job but also give you plenty of options to fit within your budget. You can get their contact details from the NCR directory here on the forum.

Get a subwoofer instead of the rear speakers, you will be able to listen to all of the notes in the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goel.honey View Post
Hi,

I just got an XUV 500 W-4 last week and want to get an ICE upgrade. I checked out with one dealer in Gurgaon and he recommended Kicker components (QS65.2 - quoted Rs. 31.5K per pair) with a 4-ch Kicker amplifier (Not sure which model it was, he quoted Rs 14K for it though).

I am thinking of getting these components for the front right now and will install another pair later (dough constraints). I searched the forum, but could not find any information on these components (quality and the price quoted).

Can somebody let me know if these are really worth the money. Also would like to know if the SQ will be good (considering i am unable to replace the HU).

One last thing, I really want to replace the HU of my XUV (OEM has neither USB nor BT), since it is a W4, there are no integrated electronics that come in the way of removing the HU. But, the dealers here in Gurgaon are unable to give a solution (due to lack of replacement console). Can somebody let me know if this is possible and where can i get this done. My budget for the console will be in the range of INR 3-5K.

Thanks in Advance..

Last edited by Eddy : 30th August 2014 at 23:28. Reason: quoted post edited
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 23:29   #130
BHPian

Thanks Man!!

Yup, you are spot on about the budget. But, I was not planning on a Sub primarily due to the boot space issue (the space is already minimal and letting some of it go would definitely irk the missus).

I just checked out the Autopsyche website, I always thought that they were only for Modding. Also thought that they would be more expensive as well.

Will try to check them out tomorrow/next week. Regarding installers in Delhi, I was keeping it as a last resort due to the time involved. But it seems that I would have to do just that only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
From the figures quoted I am assuming your budget is around the 50K mark. If so then you can get much much better equipment than Kicker. BTW kicker is better known for their amplifier wiring kits than actual components. They do have some nice SPL subwoofers though.

I suggest you visit Motor Concepts in Raja Garden in Dilli and Autopsyche in Udyog Vihar in Gurgaon itself. Both of these places will not only do a proper job but also give you plenty of options to fit within your budget. You can get their contact details from the NCR directory here on the forum.

Get a subwoofer instead of the rear speakers, you will be able to listen to all of the notes in the music.
Old 31st August 2014, 18:59   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Man!!

Yup, you are spot on about the budget. But, I was not planning on a Sub primarily due to the boot space issue (the space is already minimal and letting some of it go would definitely irk the missus).

I just checked out the Autopsyche website, I always thought that they were only for Modding. Also thought that they would be more expensive as well.

Will try to check them out tomorrow/next week. Regarding installers in Delhi, I was keeping it as a last resort due to the time involved. But it seems that I would have to do just that only.
Let me tell you something, time involved should not make you regret your money. The dealer you went to, is it on the Sheetla Mata Road side?
If it is, then its better to avoid him. And rather go to Motor Concepts.
Get a set of rainbow germaniums, a good wiring kit and an amp. If you want to add a sub, it can be added too.
Just go to Motor Concepts and talk to aman and refer him my name(Utsav). He is a great chap and will surely help you out.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 21:54   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Let me tell you something, time involved should not make you regret your money. The dealer you went to, is it on the Sheetla Mata Road side?
If it is, then its better to avoid him. And rather go to Motor Concepts.
Get a set of rainbow germaniums, a good wiring kit and an amp. If you want to add a sub, it can be added too.
Just go to Motor Concepts and talk to aman and refer him my name(Utsav). He is a great chap and will surely help you out.
Hi Utsav, yes, to be precise just next to the Atul Kataria Chowk (Autozone). However, I have now dropped the idea of getting the install done there.

I knew that for a proper install, I should go to Delhi only but the issue was of getting a leave from the office, but will try to get one in this week. I had talked to Aman (Motorconcepts) today, according to him there is still no way to replace the HU in the XUV (Anyone any ideas!! please), Looks like i might have to settle only for amp and comps only.

Thanks..
Old 1st September 2014, 00:02   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Utsav, yes, to be precise just next to the Atul Kataria Chowk (Autozone). However, I have now dropped the idea of getting the install done there.

I knew that for a proper install, I should go to Delhi only but the issue was of getting a leave from the office, but will try to get one in this week. I had talked to Aman (Motorconcepts) today, according to him there is still no way to replace the HU in the XUV (Anyone any ideas!! please), Looks like i might have to settle only for amp and comps only.

Thanks..
Yeah, thats the issue a friend faced too, the HU is really closely integrated. So no change there unless you want to lose climate control.
Batra(Autozone) is a good shop for perfumes, wax, seat covers but Audio is one thing I wouldn't trust him with.
Old 1st September 2014, 13:47   #134
BHPian

You have the option to install the OEM HU at the bottom of the center console with some fibreglass molding (see the attached pic).

Sample image from another forum install:

Name:  XUV.png
Views: 8475
Size:  531.1 KB
::CMS:: is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 22:02   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
You have the option to install the OEM HU at the bottom of the center console with some fibreglass molding (see the attached pic).

Sample image from another forum install:

Attachment 1281223
But doing that will require extensive workmanship sir and the cost too will be much high. Dont you think so?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks