Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2011, 15:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sound processor for XUV w6

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Some 2 years ago I checked out the 650 and 360.2. THe version of the 360.2 I got has a little hiss (but I am told RF has fixed that since) so I took the 650.

However all 4 processors you have mentioned limit the control you have over the sound both with respect to Time Alignment as well as the tonal balance. To get the sound I like I had to trick the 650.

One way is to position the mic about 6-12" in front of where your ears are going to be so the TAQ pushes the the bass more to the front. Another trick is to set the tweeterXO to say +3db and then post processor drop it back to 0db or -3db to reduce the HF content. Lastly I pushed the gain on my rear channels of the amp up a little bit as the processsor had set the rear chanel levels way too low and my son was complaining he could not hear much in the rear.
Thanks Navin for your inputs.

So do you think its worth going in for 660 or should i invest more and get JBL or Audison Bit one. Do they justify their prices?
Old 7th November 2011, 10:10   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV 500

For simple systems where Logic 7 etc is not a requirement the 650 does a decent enough job. The MS8 ofcourse is a more sophisticated device (but I have not ahd a chance to play with one) and similarly the Bit one I'm told is a far better device than the 650 but I have no hands on experience with the Bit one either. Gunbir and Bass & Trouble have installed many a processor and they would be the ones I would ask.
Old 11th November 2011, 17:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
For simple systems where Logic 7 etc is not a requirement the 650 does a decent enough job. The MS8 ofcourse is a more sophisticated device (but I have not ahd a chance to play with one) and similarly the Bit one I'm told is a far better device than the 650 but I have no hands on experience with the Bit one either. Gunbir and Bass & Trouble have installed many a processor and they would be the ones I would ask.
Thanks Navin.

There's one more latest addition to the list. Its Audison Bit 10. I am now inclined towards it.

@Gunbir/B&T please advice.
Old 18th November 2011, 09:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
I wanted to change all the speakers to a good quality speakers.(budget is not a problem.Please advice which brand should I go for?Also I dont want to install any amplifier ,just good set of speakers,tweeters.
Hello Kedar, were you able to get your desired set of speakers into the XUV. Looking forward to your updates as I plan to do the same once i get my XUV in January.
Old 27th November 2011, 22:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Whats the difference between Audison Bit 10 and Bit 10D? I wanna buy any one of these for my XUV hence wanted to know.
Old 4th December 2011, 19:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Whats the difference between Audison Bit 10 and Bit 10D? I wanna buy any one of these for my XUV hence wanted to know.
Did you Ice'd your xuv?
Old 5th December 2011, 17:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you Ice'd your xuv?
I had to go yesterday but i had some urgent work so missed it. Will try to get it done this coming weekend. Also rightnow i am looking for my second Amp so will try to close it by this week.

How bout you? Did you get it ICE'd?
Old 5th December 2011, 19:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I had to go yesterday but i had some urgent work so missed it. Will try to get it done this coming weekend. Also rightnow i am looking for my second Amp so will try to close it by this week.

How bout you? Did you get it ICE'd?
No buddy, will do it over the weekend.
There's only one out so how can you connect two amps?
Also my installer said that if we put amp he will have to put an extra switch, so that the amp is always not on.can anyone confirm this??
Old 5th December 2011, 21:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also my installer said that if we put amp he will have to put an extra switch, so that the amp is always not on.can anyone confirm this??
Boss, just contact Ajay Kamath (Bass&Trouble) instead of going to 'installers'
Honestly, if you are in Mumbai, make use of his expertise. All this switch business need not be done.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 22:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It depends on the amp. I have a visonik Amplifier that came with the sub woofer and i do not have a switch to turn it off.

The switch will be helpful only when you do not want the "boom" effect. In that case, adjust the amplifier for minimum bass boost and the purpose will be solved.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

The same Remote Turn-on wire that comes from the HU to the amp needs to be connected to the sub amp, that's all. No switch required.

For 1 pre-out from the HU, you need to use RCA Y-cables - apart from another pair of RCA cables - to connect to 2 amps.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i need a 4 chl amp which should pump out atleast 320+ RMS as i need to run my IDv3 12" sub with it. So 2 chls for rear comps and 2 chls for sub. In my fiesta, i have been using JBL 1004 for comps and sub and it is this amp that has impressed me with its bridged power. I don't want to remove JBL from my fiesta and install it in XUV as i would be keeping this car for some time, hence this question. I guess 1004 is out of production and i am not able to find it in any classified.
Also the budget is around 15K for this.

@Frank, bro do you have anything else to part way with
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 19:34   #28
BHPian

Can someone suggest combinations to improve the sound delivery by replacing all four speakers, preferably rear ones with inbuilt subwoofer (e.g. Front - JBL GT6-S366 and Rear - JBL GTO 949) and one amplifier (e.g. JBL GT-X646) that occupies the place beneath one of the front/middle seats? The total cost of this upgrade should not exceed ~30k. I guess many XUV owners would go for this upgrade, if we devise one !

No I am not JBL Fan/Representative and My knowledge in ICEing is very limited so please excuse if the examples given above are not correct.
Please suggest better combinations considering the HU and space available in XUV.
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Can someone suggest combinations to improve the sound delivery by replacing all four speakers, preferably rear ones with inbuilt subwoofer (e.g. Front - JBL GT6-S366 and Rear - JBL GTO 949) and one amplifier (e.g. JBL GT-X646) that occupies the place beneath one of the front/middle seats? The total cost of this upgrade should not exceed ~30k. I guess many XUV owners would go for this upgrade, if we devise one !

No I am not JBL Fan/Representative and My knowledge in ICEing is very limited so please excuse if the examples given above are not correct.
Please suggest better combinations considering the HU and space available in XUV.
So did you come to any conclusion on this? I have picked up my XUV and want to start with some ICE upgrade now. As Nitin was saying in another post, its best to go with good quality stuff and build it gradually if you dont have huge budgets.

So where do we start? What are the first items to install and which brands/models are the best recommended?
Old 12th January 2012, 21:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
So did you come to any conclusion on this? I have picked up my XUV and want to start with some ICE upgrade now. As Nitin was saying in another post, its best to go with good quality stuff and build it gradually if you dont have huge budgets.

So where do we start? What are the first items to install and which brands/models are the best recommended?
I would suggest to start with a good set of Comps for front and a 4 chl amp. Also get a good set of wiring done.

As for the "best" model, there is no such thing as best. It all depends on you, as in what you like. A 10K comps might sound better to you than a 50K comps, so please try to audition as many sets as you can. If you want, you can meet me and i can have you audition 3 sets of comps (Hertz,Morel and Alpine).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks