Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2022, 19:09   #4201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I have Blaupunkt 2.0 Dashcam.

Could someone please inform about Free Video Editing Software for Editing the video recorded in above Dashcam?
Adding Text, Shapes (Arrow), Cropping duration of video, etc.

Windows 10 64 bit Laptop if that matters.
Microsoft support recommends 2 simple options as per this page. Maybe give them a shot first?

If you want a full featured editor, you could give DaVinci Resolve a shot. Be warned though, it has a steep learning curve.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 07:08   #4202
BHPian

Looking for an advise on the dashcams. As XUV7OO doesn't have 12v socket at the front, what dashcam to buy, which runs fine on the USB charging port?
For now I have installed SafeCams one which is powered by 12v socket all the way from third row. Not hppy with it's picture quality.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 12:10   #4203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Looking for an advise on the dashcams. As XUV7OO doesn't have 12v socket at the front, what dashcam to buy, which runs fine on the USB charging port?
For now I have installed SafeCams one which is powered by 12v socket all the way from third row. Not happy with it's picture quality.
Dashcams don’t run on USB as it is 5V, they need 12V. So you have to utilise 12V socket or DIY hardwire kit.

For 12V check A119 V3, you won’t be disappointed.
batish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 20:27   #4204
BHPian

I have a Viofo 119A for some years in X3 and recently the card showed error and when removed just broke apart (heat issues?). I put a new 64GB MicroSD card (Sandisk) and despite formatting it in different PCs when inserted into Dashcam, it asks to format. Unable to access that option in menu of dash cam . Question is if the newer Micro SD card is not compatible with this 4 or 5 year old dash cam or is it some other issue ? Thanks in advance for any advise!
Old 25th December 2022, 21:55   #4205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
I have a Viofo 119A for some years in X3 and recently the card showed error and when removed just broke apart (heat issues?). I put a new 64GB MicroSD card (Sandisk) and despite formatting it in different PCs when inserted into Dashcam, it asks to format. Unable to access that option in menu of dash cam . Question is if the newer Micro SD card is not compatible with this 4 or 5 year old dash cam or is it some other issue?
Try another card first. Always format the card in camera where it belongs rather than on different devices. Why can't you use that option in dashcam?

From my personal experience these older devices don't go to trash so early. So I think it's the card. Try using another card - perhaps different brand/size? If it works then you found the culprit.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 14:20   #4206

Hello team,

I am looking for a 4k dual-channel dash cam for my Honda Amaze vehicle. I'll be connecting via a 12V cigarette connector. I am particularly looking for a good resolution camera which can take the best videos in terms of clarity. The following are my major requirements:

1. Dual channel.
2. Should be able to read number plates in the day and night lighting.
3. Good useful features. (I am not a fan of the ADAS feature, though).
4. I'll change my vehicle next year, so it should be easy to migrate.
5. High-capacity memory card support to keep more videos longer time.
6. Best quality and long-lasting. I don't want to experiment with cheaper quality.
7. Great iPhone supportive app.
8. Voice recording preferred.
9. GPS and wide-angle view.
10. Good warranty and easy support process in case of any issues.
11. Not looking for a Hi-Fi gadget but a simple, to-the-point device.

I'm very new in terms of having knowledge of dash cams and hence need your expert advice to pick the right product.

I don't want to lose the car warranty, so I won't do hard wiring. It should be alright for me without parking surveillance.

I have gone through the high-level specs of the following items:
1. Qubo Pro 4k (Amazon - INR 14,990)
2. VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K (Amazon - INR 25,499)
3. 70mai A800S True 4K Dual Channel (Amazon - INR 16,499)
4. DDPAI Z50 True 4K Dual Channel (Amazon - INR 15,999)

All the prices listed above were taken on 26 Dec 2022. Certainly, the prices vary on a high bracket, so please suggest the best VFM. I am unsure if there can be some other products I haven't explored yet.

----
I also want suggestions on where I should get help to get the wiring done. Most items are DIY and easy to fit, but I am still nervous about pushing the wire through the roof linings. I need suggestions in Bangalore where I can go and get it installed.

Please suggest.

Thanks, Piyush.
piyushkdwivedi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 18:34   #4207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushkdwivedi View Post
I am looking for a 4k dual-channel dash cam for my Honda Amaze vehicle. I'll be connecting via a 12V cigarette connector. I am particularly looking for a good resolution camera which can take the best videos in terms of clarity.
---
Please suggest.
I installed the DDPAI Z40 dual dashcam few days ago, complete process detailed here - post 1 & post 2.

Am finding it quite decent, given that it has capacitors (not battery) + good wide angle view + good iOS app + ability to take pictures / download videos on the go.

I was also skeptical about hard-wiring, this Z40 was a good find since the only electrical contact with the car is a plug 'n' play connection with the car's 12v socket. No splicing, no cutting anywhere.

Few videos for quick viewing:-

Priced at a good price point of Rs 12.3k including the 128 GB SD card.
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 14:27   #4208
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off-topic.

I found the dashcam disconnected after my Fortuner's service in Nandi Toyota few months back. I thought it was a stray incident, but read in another thread today that dash cams are banned in many service floors after an incident got recorded leading to trouble for the service center.

Have you noticed similar experience after service, you may not notice it if the cam is reconnected which they missed in my case.
gadadhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 15:02   #4209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Looking for an advise on the dashcams. As XUV7OO doesn't have 12v socket at the front, what dashcam to buy, which runs fine on the USB charging port?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Dashcams don’t run on USB as it is 5V, they need 12V. So you have to utilise 12V socket or DIY hardwire kit....
My DDPAI Mola N3 as well my Bluskysea both run fine on a USB port in my Ecosport and the Alto. Since I needed the USB ports for Android Auto, I now have connected both the cameras to a 2.4A USB adapter plugged into the 12V socket.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 17:42   #4210

I am slightly confused between DDPAI Z50 and 70MAI A800S. I understand that both are 4K and, more-or-less, absolutely similar. But I find in one of the Youtube reviews that DDPAI Z50 does not offer to turn off the screen after a few minutes, whereas 70MAI A800S has a setting to do so. Also, DDPAI Z50 does not have settings to change the video file length, whereas A800S has!

Can someone please confirm this and suggest which one would be a better option among these?

My requirements are posted here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushkdwivedi View Post
Hello team,

1. Dual channel.
2. Should be able to read number plates in the day and night lighting.
3. Good useful features. (I am not a fan of the ADAS feature, though).
4. I'll change my vehicle next year, so it should be easy to migrate.
5. High-capacity memory card support to keep more videos longer time.
6. Best quality and long-lasting. I don't want to experiment with cheaper quality.
7. Great iPhone supportive app.
8. Voice recording preferred.
9. GPS and wide-angle view.
10. Good warranty and easy support process in case of any issues.
11. Not looking for a Hi-Fi gadget but a simple, to-the-point device.
Old 27th December 2022, 18:43   #4211
BHPian

Hello everybody, nice to see this thread. I too was looking for a dashcam - front and rear.
piyushkdwivedi please guide me too! I would like to have one with ADAS feature. I would also like to have one which can be used while the car is parked - movement / shudder recording type (don't know the technical words for it)
My car is Etios and Alto. So I would like to buy a dashcam that can be migrated to either car.
Old 27th December 2022, 19:05   #4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoyle View Post
Hello everybody, nice to see this thread. I too was looking for a dashcam - front and rear.
piyushkdwivedi please guide me too! I would like to have one with ADAS feature. I would also like to have one which can be used while the car is parked - movement / shudder recording type (don't know the technical words for it)
My car is Etios and Alto. So I would like to buy a dashcam that can be migrated to either car.
Hello, dgoyle,

You can opt for any of the following based on your budget:
1. Qubo Pro 4k (Amazon - INR 14,990)
2. VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K (Amazon - INR 25,499)
3. 70mai A800S True 4K Dual Channel (Amazon - INR 16,499)
4. DDPAI Z50 True 4K Dual Channel (Amazon - INR 15,999)

I personally suggest 70MAI or DDPAI but only not if you don't want Chinese products, then opt for Qubo.

All of these come with a hardwiring option (mostly, the kit needs to be purchased additionally) which will make 24 hours surveillance during parking. Note that hard wiring may void your car's warranty - check with the service centre on this.

These are easy DIY products and can easily be migrated to any other car. Not as easy as plugging a phone for charging but still easier if you want to do it after a few years.

I've checked the mobile apps and found 70MAI has a slightly better user interface than DDPAI. I am unsure about the app's UI for other products, though.

You can order one of the products of your choice and get help from a local garage guy for installation. I am probably planning to get one installed in my car this week. I will share the feedback (and pics) once I get it done.

Thanks, Piyush.
Old 27th December 2022, 20:27   #4213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Slightly off-topic.

I found the dashcam disconnected after my Fortuner's service in Nandi Toyota few months back. I thought it was a stray incident, but read in another thread today that dash cams are banned in many service floors after an incident got recorded leading to trouble for the service center.

Have you noticed similar experience after service, you may not notice it if the cam is reconnected which they missed in my case.
Volkswagen Pune, since many years have been disconnecting the Dashcams as soon as they take the car in for service. If, its home pickup same procedure is followed.
Once they even removed the Dashcam from the installation slot and kept in the glove box.
They don't reconnect on delivery.
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 09:40   #4214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Volkswagen Pune, since many years have been disconnecting the Dashcams as soon as they take the car in for service. If, its home pickup same procedure is followed.
Once they even removed the Dashcam from the installation slot and kept in the glove box.
They don't reconnect on delivery.
Do you feel this is acceptable? A dashcam might be intruding in to the privacy, not sure what law states about this.
Old 1st January 2023, 22:18   #4215
BHPian

Need some help/ideas. I need to reinstall the dashcam and looking for a good double sided 3M tape. Can someone guide me to which one should I purchase or any other idea how to install the same. I have been on the lookout for a double-sided 3M tape but to no success. Checked many car accessories in my neighborhood but no success.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks