Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2023, 12:26   #4246
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Hello all, can someone please suggest a decent dashcam for my XUV700 mx? I've narrowed it down to NEXDIGITRON ACE or 70mai M300. But the problem is, in my car 12v socket is given in the boot, so the wire cannot reach that far. So, is there any good dashcam that can work with front usb port? or is there any other option?

Thank you.
Get 12v extension cable. See last image in this post (VIOFO A229 Duo Front and Rear Dashcam | Review & Initial Impressions).
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 18:14   #4247
BHPian

Quote:
So, is there any good dashcam that can work with front usb port? or is there any other option?

Thank you.
Do you know if the M300 really require a 12v socket? I’m using the A500s and it actually has a USB cable. I got a 12v connector along with the dashcam to connect the USB cable.

Like this,
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-42d6f3d28c58490bb5cdbe7a28a23eb3.jpeg
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 08:49   #4248
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all, can someone please suggest a decent dashcam for my XUV700 mx? I've narrowed it down to NEXDIGITRON ACE or 70mai M300. But the problem is, in my car 12v socket is given in the boot, so the wire cannot reach that far. So, is there any good dashcam that can work with front usb port? or is there any other option?

Thank you.
Nexdigitron also provides hard wire kit which takes power from fuse box and there would no splice of wire, do remember to purchase that when you place order for dashcam.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 16:58   #4249
BHPian

In 2017, I had a Transcend dashcam in my Laura which helped me during a road rage incident. The Ertiga driver in front of me, was on the phone and it appeared he was having a brawl with someone. When I honked asking him to let me go, he blocked me and came banging on my driver side window, while all I had to do was show him the camera.

I came across this video today, which I believe has gone viral and may have been seen by many, but I thought I'd post it here to remind everyone that the importance of dashcam cannot be overemphasised.

https://twitter.com/east_bengaluru/s...n4gHYhvbjejNsw

Thanks to the dashcam, the culprits were caught in 4 hours. I am ordering dash cams today , knowing I do early morning drives and take new highways all the time. Just got a DDPAI Z50 for the 330i.
HighRevving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 18:30   #4250
BHPian

Hello Friends

I heard about an App called Auto Boy downloadable from the Play store, it uses and records video and audio using your existing phone mounted on your windshield and will function as Dashcam, has anyone tried it, I have installed it and I will be using this app during my next Bangalore to Chennai trip at the end of Feb 2023, anyone else has used this? any pros and cons.

Thank you
Old 31st January 2023, 23:48   #4251

Hello

Does it make sense to buy Viofo A129 Pro Duo from US? My friend is visiting from US, on Amazon it's almost 8k cheaper than buying from India. My budget is around 18k, only thing I can get in that budget is DDPAI Z50 or 70mai A800S here.

Thanks.
Old 1st February 2023, 00:47   #4252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRASHBHRD View Post
Hello

Does it make sense to buy Viofo A129 Pro Duo from US? My friend is visiting from US, on Amazon it's almost 8k cheaper than buying from India. My budget is around 18k, only thing I can get in that budget is DDPAI Z50 or 70mai A800S here.

Thanks.
If you’re getting it cheaper then it surely makes sense. Before that please do read reviews once, make sure whichever model you’ll be buying is reliable and has HDR. So I’d say for one channel see A119v3. For dual channel you can see A139 Pro - latest and has HDR, if it fits your budget.
Old 1st February 2023, 11:27   #4253

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
For dual channel you can see A139 Pro - latest and has HDR, if it fits your budget.
My requirement is for a 4K dashcam and A139 Pro is almost $90 more costly than A129 Pro Duo and going out of my budget. It is also not available on Amazon.com. I am going with Viofo primarily because of Super capacitor based dashcams and buffered parking mode.

My main concern is the warranty for the dashcam bought from US, Viofo India won't cover it under the warranty.
Old 1st February 2023, 12:21   #4254
BHPian

Quote:
My main concern is the warranty for the dashcam bought from US, Viofo India won't cover it under the warranty.
You can talk to Vijay from viofo.in. They are the only official distributors in India. Talk to him, see if he could give you any discounts - if any ongoing. If I am not wrong Viofo India provides 18 months warranty. He’s a helpful chap.

You’ll have peace of mind if you get it from here.

P.S: Speaking from experience, have 3 viofo cameras. Latest one, A229 Duo.
Old 1st February 2023, 14:18   #4255
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I have a 70Mai Dash cam in my Thar. Connected to the USB outlet in front. Fixed before taking delivery of the vehicle. And I have a DDPai in my Cooper fixed a year ago or so, connected to the USB outlet in front.
Yesterday after reading about that Sarjapura Road Horror news I bought one more DDPai for my Gypsy. I need to connect up the cigarette lighter outlet and add an USB charger unit to the Gypsy and then mount the new DDPai dash cam.
Each of these Dashcams have additional Samsung EVO 128gb memory cards which I bought separately and slotted in.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 1st February 2023 at 14:19.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 16:00   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
You can talk to Vijay from viofo.in.
I too agree with Batish, please talk to Viofo Vijay, he would be able to help you.

I have installed A129 Plus Duo recently.
Old 1st February 2023, 16:29   #4257
BHPian

Ring is launching their first car cam in North America market mid Feb 23
It connects to OBD port so it can record using parking mode, without special wiring, and will run until battery charge is non optimal

A Ring Protect Go subscription, sold separately, is required to use Live View, Two-Way Talk, Real-time notifications, and GPS locator over LTE => However you can make do without this in India
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 23:12   #4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Ring is launching their first car cam in North America market mid Feb 23
It connects to OBD port so it can record using parking mode, without special wiring, and will run until battery charge is non optimal
Can this be used as a Dashcam ?
Old 2nd February 2023, 09:19   #4259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi_k_b View Post
Can this be used as a Dashcam ?
Yes, it works as a dash cam while driving and security cam while parked
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 20:40   #4260
BHPian

Purchased the RedTiger T27 mirror dash cam for my Scorpio N from Amazon along with the hard wire kit. This one is made for left hand drive cars but works fine for India because the front camera can be adjusted and has a very wide field of view. Although RedtTiger makes one for RHD also I couldn't find any retail seller selling it in India. Total cost of the dashcam and the hardire kit was Rs 18,789 and another 1k for installation at a local shop nearby.

It shoots 4k front video and 2.5k rear. Has a parking mode as well which cuts off when it detects a low battery. I recently left the car for 10 days and it recorded every time it detected someone touching the car (which was my car cleaner).

So far working really well. Does away with the need for a separate rear camera for my Z4 (which doesn't come with one). Video quality is crystal clear. Doesn't have wifi support though.
rodeoz is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks