Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
3,031,026 views Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2023, 10:40   #4381
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Tenkasi
Posts: 153
Thanked: 232 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
Where did you get it from?
I purchased it directly from the seller... the same seller who lists on Amazon. He based in Delhi.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 10:52   #4382
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 62
Thanked: 86 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
I purchased it directly from the seller... the same seller who lists on Amazon. He based in Delhi.
Can you provide the contact details of the seller (Maybe PM me)? The product no longer seems to be on Amazon. Thanks.
ImranHyd is offline  
Old 9th April 2023, 10:58   #4383
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Tenkasi
Posts: 153
Thanked: 232 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
Can you provide the contact details of the seller (Maybe PM me)? The product no longer seems to be on Amazon. Thanks.
Yeah he's not listed it on Amazon yet. And he's stocking it only in limited quantities. The last time I spoke to him, it was out of stock. He said he'd ping me once he receives the next batch. Let me just check with him, and post his contact details here, with his permission.

Last edited by JoaTMoN : 9th April 2023 at 11:00. Reason: Typos
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 18:51   #4384
Senior - BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 1,627
Thanked: 4,845 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlanuk View Post
So I went ahead and installed the DDPai mola N3 single channel dashcam to my Honda City.
Any issues with the app? I am reading a lot of negative reviews about it.
I have shortlisted this and the 70mai A500 pro plus, but the app reviews are weighing down the DDPAI
samaspire is offline  
Old 9th April 2023, 19:59   #4385
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Tenkasi
Posts: 153
Thanked: 232 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
Can you provide the contact details of the seller (Maybe PM me)? The product no longer seems to be on Amazon. Thanks.
Here's the contact number of the seller: Saksham Anand +91 97188 23283 (I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by sharing it here. Apologies if I am, and kindly delete this post. Sorry!). You can refer this post to him in case he asks you the source where you got his number.

Disclaimer: I neither have any business association with this seller, nor do I have any acquaintance with him in any other way. My only relationship with him was purchasing wolfbox i07 recently. So please exercise caution. I can only confirm that he's the same Amazon seller as the store name (Camera Centre) is the same in the bill.
JoaTMoN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 15:25   #4386
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: HP21
Posts: 749
Thanked: 809 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

For the benefit of few, there is a 10% off upto Rs 1500 for HDFC credit card holders on A500S dashcam. I spoke to seller directly and they offered me 2.5% off Listed MRP on their website if i do a UPI Payment directly. IMO, Amazon deal is far better.

https://amzn.eu/d/3Rffq0Y

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 12th April 2023 at 15:31.
.sushilkumar is offline  
Old 12th April 2023, 15:58   #4387
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Tenkasi
Posts: 153
Thanked: 232 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Here's the contact number of the seller: Saksham Anand +91 97188 23283 (I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by sharing it here. Apologies if I am, and kindly delete this post. Sorry!). You can refer this post to him in case he asks you the source where you got his number.
For those who would be interested, the seller just pinged me that he got i07 back in stock. Please get in touch with him.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 10:41   #4388
BHPian
 
chaitanyakrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 316
Thanked: 1,676 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hello BHPians,

I have a 70mai front dashcam. I would like to fit a rear dashcam too.
Is it recommended to go for dual channel dashcams or can I use another single camera dashcam and fit to rear windscreen ?

What are the Pros and Cons.

Thank You.
chaitanyakrish is offline  
Old 14th April 2023, 11:31   #4389
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Tenkasi
Posts: 153
Thanked: 232 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Hello BHPians,

I have a 70mai front dashcam. I would like to fit a rear dashcam too.
Is it recommended to go for dual channel dashcams or can I use another single camera dashcam and fit to rear windscreen ?

What are the Pros and Cons.

Thank You.
If you already have a front cam, a separate cam for rear is advisable. The cons is, you have to give separate power source for the rear cam. A dual cam setup needs only one power source and single access for both cams. So, if you have another car, or you can donate the existing cam to a friend or family member, go for the dual cam setup. Another thing you can do is, you can get a dual channel setup for front and rear, and use the existing single channel cam for the interior. You will eventually have a3 channel setup.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 17:06   #4390
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Delhi
Posts: 51
Thanked: 110 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Here's the contact number of the seller: Saksham Anand +91 97188 23283 (I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by sharing it here. Apologies if I am, and kindly delete this post. Sorry!). You can refer this post to him in case he asks you the source where you got his number.
A BIG shoutout to JoaTMon for this awesome reference...... I reached out to Saksham earlier this week and got a Wolfbox i07 delivered at home. Fitted it myself today, and it works quite well. Due to the airbags, I tried fitting the rear cam cable through the floor, but due to length of the car (Fortuner), it's falling short for which I'm waiting for an update from Saksham for an extended cable. All in all, a fantastic experience dealing with him. He also deals in jump cables and car headlight LED bulbs! Once again, a BIG thanks to @JoaTMon

Last edited by Revvman : 14th April 2023 at 17:08.
Revvman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 20:44   #4391
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Tenkasi
Posts: 153
Thanked: 232 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvman View Post
A BIG shoutout to JoaTMon for this awesome reference...... I reached out to Saksham earlier this week and got a Wolfbox i07 delivered at home. Fitted it myself today, and it works quite well. Due to the airbags, I tried fitting the rear cam cable through the floor, but due to length of the car (Fortuner), it's falling short for which I'm waiting for an update from Saksham for an extended cable. All in all, a fantastic experience dealing with him. He also deals in jump cables and car headlight LED bulbs! Once again, a BIG thanks to @JoaTMon
I too had this issue in my Isuzu Mu-X. In fact, I had enquired Mr. Saksham about the same at the time of purchase, who had told me that the default 33 ft cable would suffice. I had to do some extra work of removing the side panel at the rear, and run the cable below the 3rd row glass to get more length. For such big cars, they should be providing 50ft long cables, which is part of their accessories.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 19:05   #4392
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 2,462 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Using 70mai Pro Plus+ only the front cam and that too in 12v socket as
*I have a covered parking in my apartment and only using during my highway travel.
*Did not hardwire it as warranty issues in my new Brezza 2022.
*Rear cam did not install as side curtain airbags.
You can safely go for this model.
Thanks. I am looking for the dashcam front only. No need for rear camera or hardwiring kit or parking surveillance. Will you please confirm below is the correct model?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B093DQCMW1?...MESC87M73HR79J

One question - Do you know whether the dashcam can get powered with a USB type C cable directly (5V) or does it need only 12V cigarette lighter cable? Reason is my car 12V is powered from battery and don't want any drain out if I forget to remove the 12V dashcam power cable.
thanixravindran is offline  
Old 15th April 2023, 22:04   #4393
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: GJ05
Posts: 171
Thanked: 251 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Thanks. I am looking for the dashcam front only. No need for rear camera or hardwiring kit or parking surveillance. Will you please confirm below is the correct model?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B093DQCMW1?...MESC87M73HR79J

One question - Do you know whether the dashcam can get powered with a USB type C cable directly (5V) or does it need only 12V cigarette lighter cable? Reason is my car 12V is powered from battery and don't want any drain out if I forget to remove the 12V dashcam power cable.
Yes it is the same one and mostly you will be provided with 12V cigarette charger with the cable as shown in attached pic. Please do buy the CPL filter separately.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-70mai.jpg  


Last edited by ACMerchant : 15th April 2023 at 22:06.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 12:04   #4394
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 43
Thanked: 38 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Any issues with the app? I am reading a lot of negative reviews about it.
I have shortlisted this and the 70mai A500 pro plus, but the app reviews are weighing down the DDPAI
I went with DDPai because it comes with super-capacitor which is reportedly safer than Lithium batteries which the 70mai uses.

I haven't had the chance to fiddle around the app a lot. It gives basic functionality on iOS and I've not seen it crash as yet.

However, I had a very weird experience on the return leg of our Goa trip. I was back in Pune and close to home (around 6:30 PM) and grappling with the usual unruly traffic that can be common here (zero lane discipline, wrong side drivers and what not). I was pulled over by a traffic cop for jumping the signal, which I was sure I hadn't. So I told him that I have a dashcam and we can together review the footage. He agreed that if the footage shows no wrong doing, I will not be fined. When I fired up the app and looked to scroll through the recent recording, I was only able to see clips going a few seconds back. The recording of me crossing the signal was completely missing. Before that, the only time for which I was able to see the recordings was around 1:30 PM which is when we had stopped for lunch and I remember I had opened the app at that time as well and was looking to correct the orientation of the camera.

After fiddling with the app for a good 4-5 minutes, I walked up to the cop and told him I'm not able to see the video and he can fine me even though I was certain I hadn't jumped the signal. He smiled at me and let me go looking at the toddlers on the rear seat. I could not get it out of my head and as soon as I could, I took out the memory card and accessed files on my laptop. Lo and behold! I could see all 1 minute clips, including the one which showed me crossing the junction when the signal was still green. So yeah, while I did not have to pay the fine, the app failed when I needed it.

I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong or it was a one time issue. I haven't had the chance to connect and see recordings thereafter. I will do so today and update.

Last edited by Mlanuk : 17th April 2023 at 12:22. Reason: Extra text.
Mlanuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 12:51   #4395
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 646 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I am in the market to buy one of these but have been pushing the purchase out for a simple reason that I intend to change my car next year. With these being stuck to the windscreen, how do replace them when I move on to the next car? Are the stick pads reusable? I doubt.
dass is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks