Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2023, 18:08   #4231

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

The 4k recordings are good but I am able to download them to the phone when its connected to the dashcam - while I am in the car.
Please note that the phone and the dashcam has to be connected to each other therefore your presence in the car is essential to see the live feed or to download the videos to the phone.
The other option is to remove the microsd card from the dashcam and download the videos directly to your desktop or laptop. Frequent removing and inserting the microsd card might reduce the life of the card, therefore i would suggest to use the download option through the phone.
The downloaded videos are only 1 min longer due to its size (4k resolution) and you can use the slider in the Qubopro app to move to the video segment that you want to download.
Coming to the core of our need, I didn't find the 4k resolution to be good enough to read the number plates of the vehicle - both front or rear.
I have seen in some Dashcam review videos, where they are able to zoom out and zoom in from the recorded vidoes / images and I am not able to do that - may be, thats the reason why i am not able to see the number plates clearly.
I will explore more on this and shall update this thread accordingly.
Hope this helps.
Old 17th January 2023, 11:21   #4232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Hi,
I have been using SJCAM 4000 wifi since 2017 and yes, you have to remove the battery while using as dashcam. I used it with battery and after few years found the battery swollen. That is how I came to know we have to remove it for dashcam use. Now been using it without battery, but the problem is the date is reset to the year 2000 by default.
Thank you, If so How does the cam saves last recorded video when sudden power off? Any memory card corruption?
Old 17th January 2023, 19:04   #4233
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Thank you, If so How does the cam saves last recorded video when sudden power off? Any memory card corruption?
I have'nt had the need to check the last recorded video, so not sure. And I have not yet encountered memory card corruption, using the same memory card since 2017 as old as the camera itself.
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 22:54   #4234
BHPian

Qubo Car Dash Camera

so which one is it? SuperCapicator or Lithium ion?

https://www.amazon.in/Qubo-G-Sensor-...dp/B09VC969B4/

Attachment 2408426
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-qubo.jpg  

Old 21st January 2023, 22:51   #4235
BHPian

I apologize, if this is slightly off topic . My dashcam circular double side tape has worn off , I tried to get a 3M circular double side tape both offline and online but I could not get anything . Can you someone help me with online links or offline places in Chennai or Coimbatore ?
Old 22nd January 2023, 21:53   #4236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
My dashcam circular double side tape has worn off , I tried to get a 3M circular double side tape both offline and online but I could not get anything . Can you someone help me with online links or offline places in Chennai or Coimbatore ?
Check Amazon for 3M Very High Bond (VHB) Tape. Comes with a little bottle of Primer.
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:30   #4237

Hello!

I was actually looking to buy a dashcam for my Honda Jazz. My requirements are pretty straightforward as below:

1. Should be able to record in loop. I'm not sure if "recording in loop" is the correct term, but what I mean is, once the memory card is full, it should start deleting the first video and start recording the newest one.

2. Easy to assemble, no need to go to a mechanic for the same.

3. Good resolution, its okay if its not 4k, but should be good enough to identify number plates, just in case of a mishap.

4. Could do without audio recording, but would be a plus if its present.

Please suggest!
Kakashi91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:19   #4238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi91 View Post

I was actually looking to buy a dashcam for my Honda Jazz.
Budget is the foremost thing which you should’ve mentioned. Do you want single channel or dual channel? All the requirements you have listed are generic i.e present in all dashcams whichever company or model you choose.

Still, I’d say if you want a reliable no-nonsense dashcam which is fit and forget type, get A119 v3.
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:36   #4239

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Budget is the foremost thing which you should’ve mentioned. Do you want single channel or dual channel? All the requirements you have listed are generic i.e present in all dashcams whichever company or model you choose.

Still, I’d say if you want a reliable no-nonsense dashcam which is fit and forget type, get A119 v3.
My budget is 8k max.

I'm not sure what exactly single or dual channel means? Could you please help with the explanation?
Old 23rd January 2023, 13:34   #4240
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure what exactly single or dual channel means? Could you please help with the explanation?
Single channel refers to single front facing camera. Dual channel means front and rear facing cameras, rear one is attached to front camera.

I don’t have any suggestion for your budget, but I’d say avoid battery powered ones.
batish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 17:31   #4241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My budget is 8k max.

Single channel is a single camera (either front or back, or driver-facing). Dual channel is a two camera system (F & R, or F & D etc). Both the cameras store data on a single storage chip, and they are connected together with a single cable that carries power and data.

Difficult to find a two-camera set-up under 10k. 70mai A500S is a good option at 12k.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 20:02   #4242
BHPian

Here's a prime example of why we need to have Dash Cameras...

Recorded on my 2 year old 70mai Pro, which generally works well, except for the well know GPS module connectivity issue, and occasional restarts when being used during multi-hour drives.

The original video has much better resolution which has got downsampled due to editing and Youtube upload.
NowNew7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 20:53   #4243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
I don’t have any suggestion for your budget, but I’d say avoid battery powered ones.
I have been considering GPS enabled dashcam since long time but not able to find one which fits in my priorities. Camera without battery is also one point in my priority list.

I found only DDPAI cameras come with the super capacitors Amongst the two most popular brands 70mai and DDPAI.

Another strong point of DDPAI is that users don't need to create the online account to use their mobile app. Offline app is a must with the cameras because if govt bans the app in future (being Chinese) or app support is halted at some point of time by the company then users will still be able to install and use the app using APK files of the old app versions. But they won't be able to use the app if the camera can only be accessed after signing in the app.

But one big let down of the DDPAI cameras is that their footage don't have the GPS coordinates marked onto them. Anyone know if there is some way to mark the GPS coordinates in the footage itself?

The second choice is the 70mai but I will avoid them because of their 'online' app which requires sign-in. Another negative with them is they have batteries. Is there any 70mai camera which does not have inbuilt battery?

If 70mai cameras can be connected using some open source app or any other universal app then that will be helpful.

Also noticed Hero owned brand Qubo, but found the quality of their sample footage very poor, feels like decade old, unusable.

Then I see some ads of IROAD during my searches, but they feel super-expensive for what they offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
70mai Pro, which generally works well, except for the well know GPS module connectivity issue, and occasional restarts when being used during multi-hour drives.
Is this GPS issue normal with all the 70mai camera models or other brand cameras are also plagued with this issue?

That occasional restarting seems to be the typical case of the inbuilt-battery overheating since they are placed on the windshield. this is one of the reason I want to avoid such cameras with inbuilt batteries.
Old 27th January 2023, 21:10   #4244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Is this GPS issue normal with all the 70mai camera models or other brand cameras are also plagued with this issue?
Only in the model like mine where the GPS module is not onboard, but rather an add-on in the windscreen mount.

The connectors seem to become loose and requires jugaad to make them work.

The camera continues to work fine without the GPS and ADAS features though, as is the case in the video I shared.
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 23:04   #4245
BHPian

Hello all, can someone please suggest a decent dashcam for my XUV700 mx? I've narrowed it down to NEXDIGITRON ACE or 70mai M300. But the problem is, in my car 12v socket is given in the boot, so the wire cannot reach that far. So, is there any good dashcam that can work with front usb port? or is there any other option?

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks